Was the Incredible Hulk (2008) any good?

• 69 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I only saw it once. I remember thinking it had too much Bruce Banner and not enough Hulk.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lvenger: I think they have plans for one but it's a few phases down the road. However I hear that Hulk and Hawkeye will get much more to do in Avengers 2. So there is that.

And damnit, now that I mention him I want a Hawkeye solo or a Barton/Widow teamup too!

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

It was good, but not as good as it could have been. I think the tone of the movie was wonderful at times (especially in the beginning) but it struggled with attempts at humor that were hit and miss. Edward Norton and Liv Tyler really had no chemistry and some scenes they had were downright awkward to watch. However, I think Tim Roth was criminally underrated for his performance here. He really carried a good load of what makes The Incredible Hulk an interesting flick to watch. I loved him as Blonsky/Abomination and William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross. Honestly, if you're one of the people who saw the disaster that was Ang Lee's Hulk, The Incredible Hulk is worth watching just to see a proper CGI Hulk smashing stuff.

@kingwillie said:

And also, where does this movie stand in the cinematic universe? Is it part of it? I like Ruffalo a lot better as the Banner though honestly, especially his look.

It's definitely part of it. The first one-shot Marvel did involved the World Security Council wanting Abomination for the Avengers and had Coulson get Tony Stark to sabotage that idea.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's honestly the movie that sparked my initial interest in the Hulk. I consider it an above average film.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it, and was upset that they recast Norton for Avengers originally because he did such a great job.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

@mrnoital said:

one of my favorites of not my favorite mcu movie, I prefer Norton over Ruffalo

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@matthewparker:

Well... I enjoyed the film when I was younger, but as the years wore on - I'd revisit it less and less and it's basically non-existent now - I find it annoying at best, boring at worst, and overall... I don't think it's a really good film. Formulate your own opinion, though :P

- TAS

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I really liked it. Hope he gets another film.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I really liked it. Hope he gets another film.

I used to enjoy the film... don't enjoy it anymore... heck, I don't enjoy Hulk films in general. But yeah - I too would like another Hulk film, maybe another director can do the character justice.

- TAS

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not one of Marvel's best but still overall a good movie IMO and of course a must watch for comic book fans.

@lvenger: I think they have plans for one but it's a few phases down the road. However I hear that Hulk and Hawkeye will get much more to do in Avengers 2. So there is that.

And damnit, now that I mention him I want a Hawkeye solo or a Barton/Widow teamup too!

Or just a Secret Avengers-type film. That would be so sweet.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it, and was upset that they recast Norton for Avengers originally because he did such a great job.

Yeah - Norton was pretty good, although I liked Mark much more - but I respectfully disagree (sorry for commenting, I just have an impulse to comment on about everything, sorry...)

- TAS

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was really good, imo. I'm sure it had its flaws, but I can't fault it. It took a little long to see some real action, but other than that, aces.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better than a lot of MCU movies normally are, it gets a bit cheesy near the end but the beginning and middle echo the comics faithfully and the performances are solid

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or just a Secret Avengers-type film. That would be so sweet.

Indeed.

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great movie. 8/10 imo

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not the best, but currently worth watching.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker:

The tone's too dark and doesn't work well, film making's evolved in the past 6 years in a sense, it isn't worth watching. If you're bored, I wouldn't recommend you watch it unless you don't think you're bored enough.

- TAS

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it. I avoid the 2003 film like the plague though.