#1 Edited by ownagepants (4917 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so batman never wanted a sidekick in first place for good reason to he gets shot at on a regular basis but somehow he ended up with a bunch of them they all turned out awsome not just robin bat girl too but now batman has lost his only son to the mantle of robin so my question do you think batman is ever gonna have another sidekick after losing damian wayne

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30160 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim is just sittin' in the corner, waiting.

#3 Posted by ownagepants (4917 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10012 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoy_elite:

Same thing happened when Todd died.

Batman needs a Robin.

Edit: He may not be "Robin", but he'll still need a partner. It's Batman's crutch of sorts. Look at Carrie Kelley.

Bruce will always need a Robin.

#5 Posted by ownagepants (4917 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: no offense to todd but losing someone who is like a son is diffrent then losing your actual son also this would be the second dead robin and does he really need a robin?

#6 Posted by JonSmith (4084 posts) - - Show Bio

no offense to todd but losing someone who is like a son is diffrent then losing your actual son also this would be the second dead robin and does he really need a robin?

Without a Robin to set an example for, to keep him in mind of what he's fighting for, Batman becomes too brutal and violent for the law to tolerate. There's a difference between beating guys up, and putting them in the hospital for life. When he has a Robin, he does the former. Without, he falls into the latter.

#7 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10012 posts) - - Show Bio

@ownagepants:

None taken. I do see what you're saying, but I think writers will eventually bring Robin back, wether it's someone else or Damian.

I mean, if Damian comes back Bruce should have a problem with putting him in danger again, but he won't want to just sit on the sidelines while his father risks his life fighting crime. He'll want to be by his side.

#8 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10012 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Havenless (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

@ownagepants:

I only got about halfway through your 73-word sentence before I gave up. I'm not even mad, that's a pretty fantastic accomplishment.