Was beyonder truly omnipotent?

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By skyroid

i seriously doubt it but i wanna hear from ppl who actually think he is omnipotent.

No Caption Provided

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Beyonder had limitations; the only one in the Marvel Universe with zero limitations is the TOAA. Pre-Retcon Beyonder would get slaughtered by TOAA as quickly as the Beyonder could slaughter Wolverine.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

No, not completely.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dratini1331

@skyroid: As far as literal omnipotence, no, he was not. Omnipotence is a logical impossibility, which can be shown like so:

"Can God make a rock so large that he cannot lift it?"

If the answer is yes, then he cannot lift the rock and is thus not omnipotent. If the answer is no, he cannot make the rock and is thus not omnipotent. Thus, he's not truly omnipotent.

He is however omnipotent in the sense that he is claimed to be the most powerful being in the multiverse, in theory rivaling The One Above All.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@dratini1331: Many philosophers consider the God-rock question to be a logical impossibility; thus, God's inability to produce such a rock doesn't make Him less than omnipotent.

If God (or the TOAA) can't produce a square circle, is God not omnipotent? Many believe so, but since a square circle is a "nothing" (it logically doesn't exist), not being able to create one is not indicative of a being's lack of power.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he was second

B_knight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA is THE GOD in in the Marvel universe, everyone else (beyonder included) might have some reality warping or "omnipotence" to a certain degree but obviously not fully omipotence; little confusing but the answer is NO, he's not trully Omnipotent

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Only TOAA

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyz256: There are many theological answers to the proposed question from all over the place, but the purpose of the example is to illustrate the impossibility of literal and true omnipotence as stated by the dictionary. That's all I was trying to demonstrate.

I haven't heard that explanation before though, and that's pretty awesome, thanks for bringing it up.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i didn't believe he was omnipotent either. theres no such thing as close to infinite, its either u are infinite or u are not.

ppl keep telling me his universe was like an ocean while MU was a drop of water. was that supposed to make u omnipotent.

I also doubt he is omniscient or omnipresent ill explain what i mean after i hear some replies.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i didn't believe he was omnipotent either. theres no such thing as close to infinite, its either u are infinite or u are not.

ppl keep telling me his universe was like an ocean while MU was a drop of water. was that supposed to make u omnipotent.

I also doubt he is omniscient or omnipresent ill explain what i mean after i hear some replies.

@skyroid: As far as literal omnipotence, no, he was not. Omnipotence is a logical impossibility, which can be shown like so:

"Can God make a rock so large that he cannot lift it?"

If the answer is yes, then he cannot lift the rock and is thus not omnipotent. If the answer is no, he cannot make the rock and is thus not omnipotent. Thus, he's not truly omnipotent.

He is however omnipotent in the sense that he is claimed to be the most powerful being in the multiverse, in theory rivaling The One Above All.

wow never thought of it like that

@dratini1331: Many philosophers consider the God-rock question to be a logical impossibility; thus, God's inability to produce such a rock doesn't make Him less than omnipotent.

If God (or the TOAA) can't produce a square circle, is God not omnipotent? Many believe so, but since a square circle is a "nothing" (it logically doesn't exist), not being able to create one is not indicative of a being's lack of power.

u guys are "thinking outside the box" now i know what that quote meant

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Noone301994
No Caption Provided

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: But as I tried to explain, many philosophers and the like don't consider this an example showing the impossibility of true omnipotence, since God's creating a stone heavier than He can lift is a "nothing" state of affairs (it's an illogical state of affairs). It's illogical for an all-powerful being to fail to do something, so it just breaks down. Like the square circle. Like the married bachelor, etc.

You can't go into a math class and accuse the teacher of being incompetent when he or she can't draw a square circle. Such an object isn't just non-existent, like yellow elephants---it's logically impossible. Just because God is supremely powerful doesn't mean He can do the logically impossible. God's Being is the center of logic and rationality, and that cannot be violated.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent are something only God can have no one else.

Omnipresent=being every where and anytime, meaning if your everywhere you know everything and you cant die since there's infinite you

Omniscient=Knowing everythingmeaning you know everything, how to be omnipotent and omniscient as well.

Omnipotent=All powerful, meaning you can make your self the other two as well.

so there's no such thing as being one Omni, your God or your not. in Marvel God is TOAA, no one else is Omni anything.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

No. Beyonder was NEVER truly omnipotent. He seemed that way in his own twisted reality where his ego prevented him from seeing the truth.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By jwwprod
BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

._.

Beyonder Realm (Multiverse)>>>>>TOAA Multiverse (State in the comics TOAA multiverse was a drop in a see compared to the Beyond Realm

Pre-Retcon Beyonder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LT

He was indeed a omnipotent being able to kill death and then revive her and she was even afraid of Beyonder's power.

daxamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyonder wasn't Omni-Potent because part of his powers were infused into the molecule man and he didn't want to give it up that's why he was defeated by the powers that be, Kubik and Kosmos ( Maker ) are cosmic cubes but with their full power and the full cosmic cubes are but One universe, and the Living Tribunal has the power to destroy and universe (s) and TOAA is the higher power, whether it is Marvels answer to he being God remains to be seen. .