• 60 results
mandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mandman

Poll Was Batman #35 the best moment of just "yes....." (53 votes)

Oh yeah! it was teh awesome 45%
meh, I've read better 25%
No, Batgod, wah!!!!!! 13%
It has all my hatred 17%

Every moment, from the big reveal at the end, to Superman coming down, to Diana being the Gdarn terminatrix. (Yes, it did help wash the throne of atlantis choking out of my system when batman just casually stops Arthur and lectures him.) So much awesome in 22 pages, followed up by Kelly Jones on Batman again. Excuse me while I go reread Snyder's entire run for clues about what is coming next. :O

• 
Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nothing tops All Star batman calling Dick retarded

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am glad that you enjoyed it.

OTH, from what I have see, that was garbage. God, I was loving Snyder's run too. This is why no other JL'er should be in a Batman comic. Batman barely makes sense by being in the JL, heaven forbid him having to fight them.

Sigh, thought we were done with BatGod. He is the worst incarnation of Batman IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

He did much worse than that.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By primebonnick

wait joker venom can affect god's now? I mean wonder woman is a god unless it's bruce that is affected cause dang this was some pis.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By aquaman01

wait joker venom can affect god's now? I mean wonder woman is a god unless it's bruce that is affected cause dang this was some pis.

technically a demi-god, but still yeah gonna need more than regular venom.

I am hoping to god this is still some nightmare or Bruce is still drugged from Scarecrow. The whole scene were PIS incarnated.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

@aquaman01 said:

@primebonnick said:

I am hoping to god this is still some nightmare or Bruce is still drugged from Scarecrow. The whole scene were PIS incarnated.

Well, IDK. I kind of agree with how it went down. He gave them minimal view with the fog, and Snyder did make a point that the League was not fighting at their best, what with the reference to Wonder Woman fighting sluggishly for normal self, and the plan he had in place for Flash was only accounting for a "Not at optimum speeds" Flash. They went on further to make a note that Batman "Didn't process what happened until after it was done". Then Aquaman? He didn't give him time to do much. No idea where Shazam/Luthor/Captain Cold were on that one though.

It's not like this is the first time something like this happened. Pre-52, Joker infect most of the planet, if anyone remembers that, going as far as to infect New Gods.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only people who are upset are the ones who are butthurt watching Batman slap the League around (while they're not fighting 100%).

Even then, Superman ended up trouncing Bruce anyways. The issue was awesome, Top 5 for Snyder's run IMHO.

mandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mandman

Primebonnick

might want to add spoilers, just in case someone hasn't read it.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick said:

Nah man she is full on god now that she killed ares she is demi no more.

@aquaman01 said:

@primebonnick said:

Well, IDK. I kind of agree with how it went down. He gave them minimal view with the fog, and Snyder did make a point that the League was not fighting at their best, what with the reference to Wonder Woman fighting sluggishly for normal self, and the plan he had in place for Flash was only accounting for a "Not at optimum speeds" Flash. They went on further to make a note that Batman "Didn't process what happened until after it was done". Then Aquaman? He didn't give him time to do much. No idea where Shazam/Luthor/Captain Cold were on that one though.

It's not like this is the first time something like this happened. Pre-52, Joker infect most of the planet, if anyone remembers that, going as far as to infect New Gods.

oh your right lol well for the sake of plot then.

@mandman said:

Primebonnick

right thanks you know i comment on these things thinking everyone who is viewing already had read the issue lol.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01 said:

@primebonnick said:

Eh, that is slightly plausible but at their worst they would have plenty of time to kick his butt. I mean, are we forgetting reaction time? Whether they are not at their best, their reaction>>>>>>>>>>>>batmans. Heck, the computer program might have worked if it for people like WW or Aquaman but the flash??? Nope, sorry, I am NOT buying that.

But hey, people are loving the issue so whatever. Not gonna ruin my day. I just miss batman where he could have trouble fighting a very large group of thugs...

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What happened?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nickthedevil

@aquaman01: They were under influence, and he did say Flash was not doing his best. For all we know, the JL was walking into his fists, trying to fight off whatever had them.

@papinacho said:

It was awesome.Enjoyed almost every moment of it. Arthur's appearance was kind of rough but the rest was awesome. I was getting tired of Jimmy Olsen Batman interacting with the Justice League.

Jimmy Olsen Batman? lol

BTW, wasn't Batman at Apokolips last I checked?

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By aquaman01

@aquaman01 said:

@primebonnick said:

Nah man she is full on god now that she killed ares she is demi no more.

@nickthedevil said:

@aquaman01 said:

@primebonnick said:

oh your right lol well for the sake of plot then.

@mandman said:

Primebonnick

right thanks you know i comment on these things thinking everyone who is viewing already had read the issue lol.

No, that is just a title. She is now technically the "God of War" as she has his powers. You can't become a god, you have to be born one. To be a God, say Apollo has to have sex with Strife and her child would be a God.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: of course you can become a God same way gods can be mortal too. Still better we not get into this thats for a different thread.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ScouterV

@_mongul said:

The only people who are upset are the ones who are butthurt watching Batman slap the League around (while they're not fighting 100%).

Even then, Superman ended up trouncing Bruce anyways. The issue was awesome, Top 5 for Snyder's run IMHO.

Batman really shouldn't be slapping anyone around, who is in the Justice League.

I don't think anyone is "butthurt," (that's a phrase I wish was never thought up.)

If anything, I think people are more disappointed.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Horrid, 2nd grade writing does not a good comic make

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@scouterv said:

@_mongul said:

Batman really shouldn't be slapping anyone around, who is in the Justice League.

I don't think anyone is "butthurt," (that's a phrase I wish was never thought up.)

If anything, I think people are more disappointed.

Yeah, I love the issue and all but they kinda made Batman go into god mode how he kinda took out Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman like in less than a minute

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was like the whole Snyder run good but not that great. It is tipical Snyder stuff.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil:

That arc was considered PIS back then which was why it was the only thing Diredrill quoted when using the Joker, it was also mixed with a metagene inhibitor found at the prison, a plot that only took off because they had a character with the same powers as the bloody Resurrection Man in with the non-powered.

Also most of the characters where just floating in the background, the writer probably didn't care who they where.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hated it..... sigh.....

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was freakin awesome!! Not so much the jl aspect as the return of the Joker. I'm really excited of the idea of an unhinged Joker going all out against Batman. This seems to be the magnum opus of Joker's many master plots and schemes. I thought Snyder's characterization of Joker in Death of the Family was great and I'm looking forward of what Snyder's going to do with him in this story arc.

In Snyder I trust!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'm a big Batman fan, and admittedly haven't read the issue yet, but I'm always wary when they have him go against JL guys or that tier of threat. It just feels forced or contrived most times, because it makes no sense really. I'll withhold judgment till I read it though.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SilverPool

I don't know because I have to wait for it to come out on trade.

No Caption Provided

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By batcat91

@silverpool:

No Caption Provided

@granitesoldier: Wow that's very fair of you. Reading the book before providing an opinion, I can appreciate that. I will say if you've been enjoying Snyder's batman run overall you will probably enjoy this issue. If you're one of the people that weren't particularly fond of Snyder's slow, meticulously paced stories you'll like that the story starts off with a bang, and it is really exciting. There was one moment were I really had to suspend my disbelief but it did not really detract from the quality of the story. It was a great set-up arc, but if you want an explanation of why JL attacked Batman you will be disappointed, and we will not know till the next issue. It does show you who's behind it but that's it. I'm sure we'll learn more and it will be great because Snyder is very heavy on prose which for the most part i really like haha ;)

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By johnny_blaze

The way he took down Aquaman was just inconsistant and embarrassing. He's strong enough to lift buildings and send Superman flying back with one punch but he can't break out of foam?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@batcat91: Court/Night of Owls was good. Death of the Family was good as well, but the ending felt somewhat anticlimactic for an arc that leading up to it was so good. Zero Year, in it's entirety, was fantastic. Riddler hasn't been written that well in...hell I can't remember.

I'm looking forward to Endgame, I am just approaching with trepidation haha.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the people complaining about "BatGod" wouldn't be saying anything if Captain America did the same thing...

WeAreMany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont understand the title of this thread.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The way he took down Aquaman was just inconsistant and embarrassing. He's strong enough to lift buildings and send Superman flying back with one punch but he can't break out of foam?

Yeah and thats not inconsistent and embarrassing at all.

I hated it..... sigh.....

Look on the bright side,no Cyborg.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@jack_donaghy said:

All the people complaining about "BatGod" wouldn't be saying anything if Captain America did the same thing...

Yeah that's not true at all, and you need to stop with this whole "if Captain America did this, Doctor Doom did that, if Black Panther did this" because that is not a legitimate counter to those who criticize the notion of "BatGod".

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By entropy_aegis

@jack_donaghy said:

Yeah that's not true at all, and you need to stop with this whole "if Captain America did this, Doctor Doom did that, if Black Panther did this" because that is not a legitimate counter to those who criticize the notion of "BatGod".

Actually it is,I dont see similar reactions when those characters do the same things.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Aquaman should be strong enough to do that to Superman. I'm not saying he can beat Superman because that would be impossible. It just seems like you're trying to an argument based on your snarky comment.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

No, that is just a title. She is now technically the "God of War" as she has his powers. You can't become a god, you have to be born one. To be a God, say Apollo has to have sex with Strife and her child would be a God.

That's not really true, nearly half of the famous inhabitants of Olympus are born of Zeus and mortal women, including Apollo, Artemis and Dionysus. And so is Diana now. If your perception was true, then some of the only 'true gods' of Olympus would be Ares and Hephaestus, since most of the others are either Titan-born (fully or partly), Titans themselves or products of mating with humans.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Aquaman should be strong enough to do that to Superman. I'm not saying he can beat Superman because that would be impossible. It just seems like you're trying to an argument based on your snarky comment.

Why should he be strong enough to do that? what's his excuse for all that strength when he spent nearly 2 decades as a street level character,it was only about 10 years ago he got a considerable strength bump,and it was the new-52 that put him in Superman's weight class.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I'm talking about New 52 Aquaman. I'm not talking about previous carnations.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Outside_85

@youknowwhattodo said:

@jack_donaghy said:

Actually it is,I dont see similar reactions when those characters do the same things.

While I do agree with the two others (though I think it's just an accepted part of Doom's character).

I don't recall Cap ever knocking Thor around.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I'm talking about New 52 Aquaman. I'm not talking about previous carnations.

New-52 Batman can hang with these supers now,if you can accept Aquaman,I see no reason to not accept Batman.

@entropy_aegis said:

@youknowwhattodo said:

@jack_donaghy said:

While I do agree with the two others (though I think it's just an accepted part of Doom's character).

I don't recall Cap ever knocking Thor around.

I'll find scans,he has knocked Thor around.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Outside_85
johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By johnny_blaze

@entropy_aegis: Forget it. You're not understanding. Cap knocking around Thor already sounds like BS. I don't need to see a scan for that one.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By VanderSEXXX
No Caption Provided

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy said:

Why? It's true. People always zero in on what they think are PIS feats only when it comes to Batman and ignore it with other characters. Doom surviving attacks from the Beyonder is probably a bigger PIS feat than anything Batman's ever done but Doom never gets crap for it. I was watching Avengers Assemble yesterday and they had Cap taking hits from Thanos, he even kicked him and caused a little pain after Thanos was no selling the combined efforts of Hulk and Thor. If Batman had done the same to Darkseid people would never stop complaining about it but Cap not surprisingly gets a pass. People always whine about DCAU Batman but cartoon Cap has just as many PIS feats as him.You can deny it all you want but it's true being extremely popular has put a target on Batman's back and gets him criticism people like Cap and Doom never get.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ScouterV

@jack_donaghy: Consider this though.

Batman is a peak-human that has showings of taking down people far above his weight class. Superman and Wonder Woman for example. Yet, we actually have this discussion. Because at that point, Batman should no longer be considered a human. If they would just suck it up and admit Batman is a Meta like he probably should be at this point, that would be a whole different story.

The reason why Cap probably doesn't get this kind of flack is because he's a Super Soldier. He's expected to do things a regular man simply shouldn't be able to do no matter how much he's trained, (unless you're MVP, but we know how that went, and even then it was a life-long commitment.)

Doom doesn't get this kind of flack because he's a villain. He's not going to really win when this is all over. If he breaks the rules a little, it's fine. It's not like it's going to help him in the long run. If by some miracle, he pulls off the victory that's cool, but don't expect it to last terribly long before something blows up in his face.

Batman, under no real circumstance, should be able to tag Flash or take down a Wonder Woman or Aquaman, because as good as he is, he's only human. And I get it, that's what makes him special and everything, human potential and whatnot. That's all well and fine, but there has to be some place where you draw the line between Human and Superhuman.

My thoughts, anyway.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was awesome but I have seen better.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of it was lazy and in those places the fanboy truly showed through.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Night4345

Now that I read it.

Definitely more Batgod and Joker bullcrap.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@entropy_aegis said:

Let me put it into simple terms, let's say you get caught cheating on a test and your defense is "Well I saw 3 other people do it, why don't you catch them", would that be a legitimate defense to get you off the hook for cheating, no, you still cheated. In this case the events in Batman #35 Endgame unless it's a hallucination is still pointless fan-wanking that humiliates most of the JL in order to make Batman look good. It doesn't matter if other characters did it before, character-wanking is still stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was actually really annoyed by the whole thing at first. But after a second look I don't see this a triumph for bat god but rather a human trying his hardest to defend against his friends. Realistically batman knew that there was something wrong with the JL and new that half his countermeasures might fail. The only reason he escaped certain death was because the JL wasn't fighting at full strength. And even though he was able to defeat three of them he knew that one of their heavy hitters, namely superman, would be able to bring him down in ten seconds flat. In addition he wasn't arrogant or overconfident in his abilities as he admitted that he was terrified. So really I saw this as a man desperately trying to save his friends from a psychopath. Yes, it can be considered low balling for the other leaguers but Snyder made it clear that this was a downplayed JL.