Warner Bros. Fast-Tracking 'Man of Steel 2'

• 130 results
TheDarkShight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Man Of Steel in my eyes was a perfect re-boot and it just oozed incredible potential for a sequel, but if they rush it then it there's a chance it won't be as good as it could be. I'm hoping for Lex Luthor or Brainiac as the villain (or both)

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

i'm more excited about the rumor that supergirl will be in the sequel

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@wallywest55: you said it best. they really want to compete against avengers 2 and that i dont get. you dont HAVE to put out a justice league movie the same year. do what does and take your time, let them release avengers to, learn from that movie and then BAM! come out in 2016 with a bigger and better movie (justice league one). and let's face it sequels majority of the time are not as strong or good as the original so a justice league could be be better than an avengers 2 because there is nothing to compare it to versus an avengers 2 to an avengers 1. i dont mind them fast tracking man of steel 2 but Grace Randolph from beyond the trailer made a great point: they should do a superman/batman movie before they do justice league. i came up with a premise that could set up the justice league movie in the batman superman movie: villain is aquaman (being manipulated by ocean master) he attacks the surface (gotham) for polluting their waters and inadvertantly killing many atlanteans and declares war on america and gotham is just the start. that gets batman involved. the government seeing this as a big threat gets superman to go to investigate and bam the team up begins. by the end of the movie aquaman would realize that war isnt the best option but ocean master would be then posed to back stab him and take over. then superman batman and aquaman would team up to defeat him. little intros to characters like barry allen can be made with him being one of the scientists studying the atlanteans; hal jordan (or which ever GL they use) seeing the attacks through his ring while off in space; and the movie's end credit scenes would be on themyscira with wonder woman getting dress in her costume (in shadow) talking to hippolyta in the viewing room (see the wonder woman animated movie). hippolyta says "it is time my daughter" and wonder woman steps into the light in all her glory and says "i'm ready". the end

Vaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If WB is smart they're going to do World's Finest before they pen a Justice League film. Batman and Superman are the two most iconic comic book characters on Earth, and that's an edge that they'll always have over Marvel (sorry Spider-Man fans). Not only would that movie likely gross more at the box office domestically and abroad than the Avengers 2, it'd be a solid place to reintroduce Batman who would undoubtedly have information on other meta-humans on Earth giving the audience a bit of background on characters they would expect to see in a Justice League film. Still, I feel like that would even be a bit rushed so I'd like to see the following timeline: Man of Steel 2 (fall of 2014), Batman (summer, 2015), World's Finest (fall 2015, filmed back to back with Batman), and then Justice League (summer 2016).

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I'm more than excited for a sequel. But at the same time, WB should take their time and make sure MOS 2 is good.

In the mean time, they should be making a Wonder Woman film, or if not that, a Green Lantern reboot.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but with all the negative reply's on this topic I might just bag it and wait for it to hit cable- is it that bad?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SandMan_

@mynamewasdeleted: Nope it ain't. Its just something that you have to see for yourself.

MadOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thor 2's going to prove Superhero movies can have a decent release outside Summer, and I'd love for this is come out perhaps september or later 2014. A summer release probably would be too early.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By buttersdaman000

I say 2015 at the earliest for MoS 2, 2018 for a justice league movie

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By 2chimcha3

This is great news as long as they don't screw things up because of the rush.

AkaBoAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wise move WB. But we now need to widen the universe before getting another Superman movie!

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich711 said:

They will have to fast track it because MoS 1 is completely forgettable.

Wow. I have no idea how you come to that conclusion at all whatsoever. Some films, you can understand such disparity of opinion, but not here. I get folks who don't state it's a 10 on 10, or even those hesitant to give it a 9 or an 8 ... but "completely forgettable"?

Nah. That's just very far from the truth and you cannot really be a fan of "superhero" movies to tout such. Or, maybe you're not a Superman fan. I dunno.

Fact is, it was as exciting a blockbuster as most that have come before it, and then some, it lived up to the hype (for the most part) and deserves all accolades IMHO.

But yeah, each to his opinion I guess.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vaeternus

@ Lurkero, you're right WB more then likely has more money then Disney or just much....unlike Disney, WB puts out more mature, and adult films not just kiddy movies...Obviously you're a Marvel/Disney fanboy, just admit MOS owns this year in comic book movies and in general.

@ Sifighter Dude, don't know what you're talking about but DC has Marvel way beat in Animated Universe and Video Game Universe, and overall comic too historically speaking. Besides, Marvel like DC also has it's share of crappy films...not every film they put out is stellar...While GL did disappoint so did Iron Man 3 with Mandarin...bad

@dondave said:

WB is stepping up their game

Yep. Sooo can't wait to see JL, if it's done by Snyder, Nolan etc I have high hopes...just as MOS kicked major A!! Then we'll see who breaks records. I just hope they don't rush it too fast. Still, Superman shall own June ;)

I soo can't wait to see Flash on the big screen, if Faora, Superman moved that fast in this movie I can only imagine how fast Flash will move lol.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Smurfboy

Yeah, as long as they don't "rush", it's all good. They just need to take the time to make sure the story, the characters and all that are very good.

DarthStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By DarthStorm

A delayed movie is eventually good, but a rushed movie is forever bad.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By greenlucario

@mrshway88: To pit Justice League against Avengers 2. For some reason they feel they need two Superman films in order to make that happen.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West or GTFO

Bayzeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Bayzeo

I honestly loved the the film. Well except the last ten mins or so but I can get past that. I wouldn't mind a film in 2014 but as long as they can make it without compromising the quality.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Vaeternus

Who cares about which Flash, Wally is gone, done, not existent in New 52. Barry will most likely be used and I'm fine with that, Flash is Flash at the end of the day.

I think so long as the story is good, if Lex is the main villian then I'd hope he'd have his suit to battle Superman and Kryptonite because they can't go the same route as Hackman, Rosenbaum or Kevin Spacey's Lex. Unless Lex makes Bizarro....then that could work.

It's the JL film that needs the epic story, tons of action if done like MOS it will easily compete if not break Avengers.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I really hope they don't try to compete with Marvel..because in doing so they may rush the movie

marvelftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I demand a Flash movie!!!

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By KZR

A World's Finest film would be amazing. If they're going for a MOS2 next year they need to follow up with a Flash or World's Finest film pronto. After that Wonder Woman and if we're lucky Aquaman (which would be too awesome for words). There is no need to get Justice League out there so quickly.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a sequel, but I want one full of good qualities. Rushing a sequel simply because the first one was a hit doesn't seem like a good idea. They should move at the writers' and director's pace so that we can get the movie we deserve. I want this next one to be comparable to MoS similar to how Dark Knight was to Batman Begins. I walked into Dark Knight with high expectations and still came out with my mind blown. I want that same feeling with the next Superman movie.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

Bit of a rush though.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of steel filmed like 2 years ago. It was preproduction that took so long. I say they need to make sequel, wonder woman, and flash before justice league. Aquaman and Green Lantern could be introduced in JL.

Foxdye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And DC finally throws down the gauntlet

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The biggest thing is hoping they get it right.

With them fast tracking it, it just means less time wondering if they are going to screw it up or not.

Or scratch that...less time wondering if they will do an adaptation I like or not.

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of conflicted about this. I loved the movie and it would be cool to see a sequel next year. However, if it will be rushed and it would mean bad quality, then I say, we can wait. Early 2015 or summer of 2015 would be cool. Also, it would be cool to have a World's Finest movie with Batman and Superman, which introduces Wonder Woman (sorry Viners, I don't think a solo Wonder Woman movie would do well). Also, do a Flash movie, Green Lantern reboot (with Jensen Ackles as Hal Jordan), and a cool Lord of the Rings type Aquaman movie. This can lead to a very cool and very anticipated Justice League movie. Don't mess this up WB/DC!!

Thor_Ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

I also will not rush on the production. Rushed things have the tendency to flop. But maybe they were confident from before so some lines are already worked out. I just hope tha the success of MOS is strong enough to accelerate other DC/Warners proyects, including Del Toro's JLD.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By reignmaker

If they're serious about being fast, Man of Steel 2 will hit 2015. Nothing will be ready by 2014. People are just excited because it's doing well, so obviously rumors are going to be exaggerated.

Jmenna07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jmenna07

I think fast-tracking any film, especially a superhero film, is a mistake. Let's not forget Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin and what it did to the Batman film franchise.

KryptonSabbath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By KryptonSabbath

I really enjoyed Man of Steel. I wouldn't mind seeing Snyder take charge of the DC movie universe since Nolan doesn't really want to participate with anything DC related.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not just do a "Trinity" film first? Seems much smarter in my eyes.

Urthiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Nothing like fast tracking a movie for a profit at the risk of making a completely shitty sequel.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Seems a bit rushed, 2015 should be when MOS 2 should be released then follow that with the flash and wonder woman etc or put Batman and Superman in a movie together then a Justice League movie, that would work.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By nappystr8

This news is one of the most preposterous things I have heard in a long time. Movies take a long time to make, particularly if you want them to be good. The script to Man of Steel written by Goyer who usually does a great job felt incredibly rushed as it is. Fast and Furious just lost their director because the studio was pushing for just such a scenario for that franchise, and the director thought it would compromise the final product. And a lot less goes into making a Fast and Furious movie.

This works for films like Harry Potter or Lord of The Rings because they were planned that way from the very beginning and they often film them all at once. This new assembly line film model that is becoming so popular however is horribly short sighted.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#88  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Do I want to see another movie of this Superman, yes. Do I want it rushed, hell no.

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointed there were no barrels thrown in the film. I hope this is addressed in the sequel.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#90  Edited By GTG12

I feel like I am the only one that actually enjoyed man of steel on this site.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Stop Rushing Warner Bros!! You will fail hard you don't take time and plan everything. Stop trying to outdo Marvel. Also We need a proper Flash and a Green lantern movie. i think Wonder Woman should get a TV show like Arrow. I heard they did a pilot episode for a WW TV show

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully in the future Superman films in fighting scenes we see more hand to hand combat,in MoS when General Zod kept throwing each other into buildings got old..

Avatar image for futurescreenwriter
FutureScreenwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In late 2014 is a very small window if they really want Man of Steel 2 to come out next year.

Aside from this, is anyone else hoping to see Kara Zor-El in the sequel if she's brought into the sequel? I mean her ship was found, Kal did use it, and the pod she was in was open. Maybe she's still on Ellesmere Island somewhere frozen like Steve Rogers in Captain America. If you read the prequel comic to MOS then you know Kara's about 18,000 years old then if she's found and brought into the sequel. If she does appear, who should play her? Laura Vandervoort? Or a fresh face actress?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're going to be hearing alot of Rumours until The sequel releases XD

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtg12 said:

I feel like I am the only one that actually enjoyed man of steel on this site.

me too. it was GREAT. the way i felt after man of steel and iron man 3 could not have been further apart. honestly better than dark knight rises. id say as good as dark knight and avengers

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dumbasses.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wonder Woman and Flash definitely need a movie before JL.

QuantomMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just please DONT rush it....It really needs to be as good if not better than Man of Steel

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#99  Edited By InnerVenom123

Why the rush?

Because Marvel is already working towards their second Avengers movie.

Duh.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a Dark knight/Man of Steel movie could probably make more money than Avengers or a Justice league movie ...just Batman and Superman together in the title roles ...then sprinkle in a few other heroes and villains in ...maybe at the end a threat too big for even the both of them .....maybe a sequel of that could be the formulation of the justice league ....just speculating