• 130 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Seeing as Man of Steel has already set a new record for the highest opening ever in June (take that, Toy Story 3), it's no surprise Warner Bros. is anxious to continue the franchise. And according to The Wall Street Journal, it looks like we could see the return of Kal-El sooner than you may expect. According to the website, the studio is "expected to fast track" Man of Steel 2 and we can expect to see it as soon as 2014. Keep in mind, that's not saying it's guaranteed to come out that soon, but they're saying it's certainly a possibility. Additionally, Justice League (featuring the likes of Flash, Wonder Woman, etc) could hit as soon as 2015.

No Caption Provided

What do you think, Viners? Are you stoked to hear you'll see more of DC on the big screen so soon, or would you rather have them take more time with the projects?

Source: The Wall Street Journal

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

WB is stepping up their game

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrShway88

Why the rush?

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FlashDamn
Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Yay a writer that isn't saying it "will" arrive in 2014. :D Not saying i wouldn't love to see a sequel next year.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As long as they don't rush the product...

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I hope it doesn't come that soon. I don't want a rushed product; I want something done with care even if that takes a few more years.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Seems like they would rush if it's due too soon.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

They will have to fast track it because MoS 1 is completely forgettable.

Projector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I found the film to be about a 7/10. But it definitely made me very excited for a sequel.

DCVibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By DCVibe

No need to rush, if it was a two-parter movie then I would say the second movie should be released early next year.

If they are going by box office numbers, we waited 3 years after Batman Begins for Dark Knight and 4 years after for Dark Knight Rises and each did well despite the long wait so, we, the audience can wait. Mostly because in the end those movies were great.

I would not recommend releasing another DC character movie due to the possibility of failing like Green Lantern which may prevent any JL film.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By cameron83

Honestly, I hope it doesn't come that soon. I don't want a rushed product; I want something done with care even if that takes a few more years.

Seems like they would rush if it's due too soon.

But still,the film was good...although I agree with these,but it only says it's a possibility...in which it won't happen..

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this is the case. I would love to see MoS2 by 2014, if possible.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By SupBatz

As long as they don't rush the product...

This

fartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS was supposed to be the start of DC Cinematic Universe. If then by that time there are already 2 MOS films and no other solo movies, how would they expect the audience to feel more invested in a Justice League?

Introduce Wonder Woman, then either Aquaman or Flash (Barry).

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By z3ro180

Not happy. Man of Steel was a beat film and the need to take the time on the sequel to make that to great. If they fast track it so it comes out next year then it will be rushed and become a bad movie

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 k4tzm4n  Moderator

MOS was supposed to be the start of DC Cinematic Universe. If then by that time there are already 2 MOS films and no other solo movies, how would they expect the audience to feel more invested in a Justice League?

Justice League serves as the perfect opportunity to get people interested in characters like the ones you've mentioned and, in turn, generate interest in solo films for the characters. In the meantime, they'll be lured in because it's more of Superman and Batman.

mark15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see another Superman movie but now if it's rushed, Man of Steel took 3 years and it was awesome, i'd be fine if it was 2015 for the sequel

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too soon.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I really don't expect to see another DC film, of any character, until around 2015. Personally I feel DC should focus on Man of Steel 2, the Batman reboot film, and a Wonder Woman film. Using those three movies as the pillars upon which the Justice League movie is built, and then follow the JL movie with maybe a reboot of Green Lantern, along with other characters like Flash, Aquaman, etc.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I hope they take time to give the movie more depth. Like humanize Clark more and feature villains that really challenge his mortality, like (I may get hate for this but screw you guys) Lex Luthor or Brainiac. Mostly Brainiac

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Will WB ever learn?

Also, Toy Story 3 > MOS

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the movie but still it had a few problems that could have been solved just by thinking a little longer about the story. I am worried that just because it made so much money that the filmmakers do not pay attention to the criticisms. Some faults were overblown but still I would hope they try and improve the sequel.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I personally don't think Man of Steel 2 will come out until 2015 at the earliest. Why? Because WB and DC know that even though it received critically mixed reviews, it was still a box office success. How to improve on people's opinions for a sequel? Up the ante in terms of character development and plot. Action is a no brainer for Snyder.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way too soon

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they give it more time,lesser margin for error,you did the first one well,now to do the next one better,Don't rush it WB,if this is the batman begins of superman movies the next ones gotta be the dark knight.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally! I don't want them to rush, BUT they kinda have to, since the general audiences hunger for superhero movies won't be like this for another ten years. I kinda hope they gat a new Batman out befor JL as well, since I don't want the new take on my favorite character to be introduced outside of a Batman movie. If they choose to continue from Nolans version (which I would be fine with, especially with Bale) they could do a JL movie first.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as they do a good job and pick a good lex luthor im fine

fartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fartvader

@k4tzm4n said:

@fartvader said:

Justice League serves as the perfect opportunity to get people interested in characters like the ones you've mentioned and, in turn, generate interest in solo films for the characters. In the meantime, they'll be lured in because it's more of Superman and Batman.

That is what I was initially thinking after reading the New 52 Justice League 1-6. What Johns did there introducing the characters, the way they interact with each other (OMG that Aquaman page) was really fluid and fun. And I can not think of any better way of their first encounter than that. So I thought solo movies first 'coz I dont think WB will adapt Johns' Justice League (I hope made sense lol)

wallywest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ofc WB is going to milk superman for all its worth. That's all they know how to do. Superman, Batman,Superman,Batman,Superman,Batman. Apparently these are the ONLY 2 super heroes they feel can do well in the Box office. I'm really surprised they are going as far as to do a Justice League movie. Considering they are only doing it because they seen Avengers made some serious bank its still cool. I really hope they stop messing around and start pushing out movies like Marvel because if they are only going to do Superman and Batman animated and live action movies then I guess Marvel are going to keep Blowing DC out the water. ( For all the super literal people GL live action was a movie. I know this but that movie didn't do well and was straight garbage. Also i know there has been a few other animated DC movies out but 90% of them have been batman superman. )

thespidey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't rush this. If it gets rushed, then it will end up like batman and robin...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I'd much rather they took the time to iron out the problems with MOS before making a sequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I'd prefer a Wonder Woman or Flash film.

Sifighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

I actually get why they would rush this up. Marvel already has a huge movie universe which will grow even larger with the next couple of years with a huge fanbase while DC has had trouble with making any superhero movie besides Nolan's Batman good, I mean look at green lantern. So yeah they are going to rush it so that they can compete with Marvel, that's basically what it is.

fartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having a hard time thinking who among Flash's rouge gallery will be good for a grounded Flash movie.

Sifighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fartvader:

I would think The Rouges or Gorilla Grodd

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

don't rush the sequel, and it's okay. I would rather see them start to make solo films for other DC characters.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Saren

@guttridgeb said:

I'm having a hard time thinking who among Flash's rouge gallery will be good for a grounded Flash movie.

Why does it have to be grounded? Make Thawne the villain and have them zipping through time.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This rush makes me nervous. Hold on DC, you're just starting to get some traction here. Please don't blow it

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 55

#39  Edited By Extremis

Wish I could say I was psyched to hear this. Them fast tracking any of this, considering what we've seen thus far with Nolan out of the director's chair, has me worried. They really need to make sure they're getting talented writers and directors for these projects. David S. Goyer has done a fine job mostly, but DC/Warner can't always rely on Goyer and Nolan to guide these projects. Because right now, without them, they'd be nothing.

It'll be interesting to see the names being attached to projects as we go forward. Because I can't say Im pumped for MoS2 seeing what Snyder sharted out with such a great story by Nolan and Goyer.

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ThorBoy

Bring it on! People are gonna hate it anyways so they can do whatever they want

drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ultimatepunchrod: If they got started now, aimed for a late Summer release, it may not be so bad. Perhaps adopt Nolan's third weekend of July as the official DC release date, kinda like Marvel has first weekend in May locked up usually.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

it mad 125m opening weekend makes too much sense.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

I loved man of steel it was great can't wait for the sequel

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'd love to see a sequel so soon, but I really hope it doesn't come out feeling to rushed like Iron Man 2.

That movie was basically: "Okay let's see if we can squeeze another movie in before May 2012!"

It was pretty much a two hour preview for Avengers.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just from some of the reviews I've seen and its mixed on the movie, it did outstanding in the box office, but if they rush a sequel I think they run the risk of ruining what they are trying to build. The rewards don't measure up to the risk.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the rush?

Money. I'm excited though. I still haven't seen Man of Steel, though. I was supposed to go yesterday but plans changed so I'm going on Saturday. I already know I'm going to love it and I'm glad for a new one. And supposedly, Justice League's future stemmed from how good this did and looks like it's a go.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

NO....calm down WB calm down.
No need to rush things....take your time we can wait a couple more years :-).

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quality first please. DC and Warner don't have Disney money so they shouldn't even be trying to compete at that level.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just stupid how we are more worry about these comic books movie than the studio. Seriously, guys, those people invest heavily on the movies, if the movie failed, they bleed money...don't you think they have already thought of that? and what do we have to lost? expectations? give it couples of years, we'll recover from it (see Batman & Robin & Spiderman 3).

If they don't have the confident and resources, they won't rush it, they already have full plan! (Marvel produces 5 Avengers films in 5 years! and it works!).....So, calm down guys...I think they had learned from previous mistakes. As long as the scripts come out, cast is ready, then it is good to go. Studio's stuff are all ready 24/7.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the_stegman  Moderator

Eh, I have mixed feelings. While I'm anxious to see a Man of Steel sequel and Justice League, if they do this too quickly, many things can slip by unnoticed, making the movie bad. Guess time will tell.