Warcraft movie on the way!

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By leonkarlen123

Warcraft movie was announced last year and they got most of the actors ready, here are some of them.

Travis Fimmel (The guy from vikings), Paula Patton (The girl from 2 Guns) and Ben Foster (From Xmen The last Stand) Perfect actors for a fantasy movie if you ask me.

No Caption Provided

This was the picture of Dalaran i believe, correct me if i am wrong and it looks pretty damn huge in the movie compared to the game. So my question to you people is who should be the main villain?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gul'dan? or maybe Kel'Thuzad

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They missed their chance with this film. I love Warcraft, but its popularity has waned significantly. This should've been released in 2008, as initially announced back of 2005.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been 'on it's way' for years.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Spideysense44

I think they shoulda released this a long time ago when the game was hot

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They missed their chance with this film. I love Warcraft, but its popularity has waned significantly. This should've been released in 2008, as initially announced back of 2005.

This, I'll probably still check it out eventually because I enjoy the genre but I'm no rush to see it now compared to if it was released years ago.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well they have official google page now of all the actors.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I played WoW from 2004 to about 2011. Fun game, met a lot of cool people, but it has gone down hill since Wrath of the Lich King and has lost a lot of people. It isn't the titan it once was, and given Blizzard hasn't really kept up with the original Warcraft games for the sake of telling it's story through WoW and considering how Warcraft's popularity has largely dropped since it's peak I don't see it being a wildly popular film.

Might be decent, but my anticipation isn't there like it was back in the early days.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't stand that game no thanks.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Bruxae

Yeah they are doing this way to late, and frankly im not sure it's even gonna come out in the end but I sure hope so.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it's true they lost like half of their players the last years but they still have millions who probably would die to see the movie.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully it takes off I want to see this though I admit I am not impressed by the game, live action should be pretty good if done well.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: I find the cinematics really good so this might save World of Warcraft

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eisenfauste

@leonkarlen123: They'll need more than cinematics but yeah one reason I'll see it when it comes out is for the action but i'll wait several days to get the general consensus before seeing it myself.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty much what everyone else said. They should have capitalize on when the game was such a pop culture phenomenon.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pikachumonster

WC4

plz

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By leonkarlen123

@pikachumonster: They earn more money on World of Warcraft atm so i doubt they will make one while WoW is on.

I wonder what they are doing with all their money? they get about 500 millions every month which is 6000 millions a year... Hardware and stuffs might cost 1 million and NOT more a year which is nothing, they got about 1000 employes around the world which is about 1-2 million dollars a month. WHAT THE HEL! ARE THEY DOING WITH THE REST?!!?!

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched this movie and it was epic.Totally proved as good action movie with outstanding special effects.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Still look lame, but my friend want to watch it :-(. I hope is entertaining, I don't like wasting money on crap.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: From what I understand, if you buy tickets for the movie you get the game for free, whereas you'd usually have to pay like sixty bucks or something.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie look lit, looking forward to it.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people with a majority of those who might view this film is they'll be expecting it to be based off of WoW, as WoW seems to be the main thing brought up by critics. This Warcraft film isn't based off of WoW, it's based off of the RTS games. I'm hoping the film reminds people that Warcraft existed before WoW

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I've seen it, liked it for what it was, but I admit that it has a number of flaws that made it feel like it was intended to be much bigger. Like I felt the movie really should have expanded on the background of the orcs in someway rather than go exactly by what was available on them in the first game(s) and make most of them look like they were generic evil monsters. And that hasn't really worked since Warcraft III and later WoW when the orcs began being cast in as inherently heroic but misunderstood. Which is another thing, Gul'Dan and Medivh are extremely poor in terms of motivation, one is an evil sod, because he is (and a rather baffling command of the orcs thats never explained either), the other is a misguided protector with no real reason behind why he falls to darkness (what does him turning evil grant him?). Plus the last big showdown... massive dissapointment to be honest.

But those things aside, I was entertained, I quite liked Draka and Durotan... I quite liked Orgrim throwing rocks at Durotan's head, and despite how crammed it seemed at times, I did like the attempt made at bringing in the sense of epic scope of the Eastern Kingdoms and the variety of critters living in it.

That said, I am apprehensive about a followup to this movie. Since it's going to play by the Warcraft II script and end up all kinds of sad again before we (finally) get to the part where all of these people get look equally good and evil at the same time.