Want to start reading comic book, but where to begin with?

MajinHus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello everyone to begin with my English is not that kinda good, but I will try to explain as good as possible! :)

I really want to jump into comics it seriously interest me. I was thinking about digital comics is that good? Or is the traditional reading better? I was thinking to download Comixology since they have a huge collection of comics. The only downside however is that some of them are really expensive..

Are there other great ways or great apps to read comic book?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Comixolgy is awesome.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MyNameIsWill

Comixology is great, but personally I think having physical copies is so much better, I don't know, something about going to your local comic store and picking them up feels rewarding. If you do decide to buy traditionally, I suggest you get some "bags and boards", they keep your comics clean and prevent wrinkling, also you might wanna buy a "comic book box" to store them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digital comics vs the traditional way is up to you, but if you do go digital comixology is the best way to do it.

MajinHus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the advice everyone really appreciate it! It seems in Comixology I can't buy a comic book because I don't have a PayPal account or a Creditcard.. :/

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

#7  Edited By Guru_Crack

@majinhus: You can set up a bank account really easily these days and paypal is easily once you got the card. Good luck with your comics, out of curiosity what comics are you really looking forward to reading?

MajinHus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack:

Hi! I think I will buy the comics in a comicstore, but about your question I really got interested in Superman, Batman, Flash, Marvel and The walking dead so I think I will try to buy them :)

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MajinHus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MajinHus

@guru_crack:

I don't know yet do you know some good Marvel titles? I was thinking about Xmen and Avengers

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinhus: I love Marvel but have been struggling to find some really impressive stories. I have heard very good things about Moon Knight & Daredevil lately. I personally enjoyed Cable & X-Force but hey thats just me.

MajinHus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack:

There are probably some impressive great titles out there! You should buy the titles you like the most. I also don't quite know where to begin with first. I think I will stick to the DC titles like the new 52 and after that the Marvel ones. I really like characters like Thor, Deadpool and Wolverine

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinhus: I quite like Deadpool and Wolverine. Did buy Deadpool Dead presidents recently which was ok but wouldn't recommend it. Looking to buy Taskmaster.

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

You can download Comixology if you want.

Sometimes I buy my comics off of Google Play but I'm usually into buying physical copies of a comic-book.