Want to read deathstoke. Where to start?

concust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By concust

I wanna get into deathstoke but I don't know where to start. Any ideas? Thanksfor help viners!!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@concust: I started with the New 52, Volume 1 and I turned out fine. If you're talking Pre 52.... I got nothing, sorry.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Teen Titans (1984) #42-44 & Annual #3.

concust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XiiX

@concust: You should try to find his solo Deathstroke The Terminator series(the first issue was published in 1991, I believe). It runs for the better part of 100 issues, so I'm still collecting them, haha.

That being said, it's essential for Deathstroke fans(in my opinion). It also includes his classic face-off against Batman in it's 7th issue.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Deathstroker
Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Jokerpoker

@concust: The 90s "Deathstroke The Terminator" series is a great place to start, or New 52 Deathstroke. However the New 52 Deathstroke wasn't exactly perfect, I suggest Deathstroke The Terminator or Teen Titans Judas Contract.

The New 52 Deathstroke series was much more violent and portrayed a very bad-ass Slade. I recommend you read the first volume. The second volume has really bad art and it's pretty much just Deathstroke blowing up crap, and the 3rd volume I heard is mediocre (I haven't read it all though).

The old Deathstroke the Terminator series was more adventurous, had better storyline, better character development, ect.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

@jokerpoker: there's only two volumes of new 52 Deathstroke. Legacy and Lobo Hunt. They're not a bad place to start. I started reading about Deathstroke with those 2 books after I played Arkham Origins. I agree the first volume had better art. The art in volume 2 was so so with the first 5 chapters being terrible because they were drawn by Liefeld

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Jokerpoker

@ninjawarrior268: I believe volume 3 was issues 15-20, but they never made a trade paperback on it because the series was cancelled. Or does Lobo Hunt also collect 15-20?

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

No 15-20 are in volume 2

concust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for all the help guys. Will deffinitly look into vol.1 and deathstoke thenterminator

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

At the beginning: New Teen Titans #2

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why in the world would you EVER want to read Deathstroke is the better question. New 52 Volume 1 was some of the worst writing in comics I've ever had the displeasure to read.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why in the world would you EVER want to read Deathstroke is the better question. New 52 Volume 1 was some of the worst writing in comics I've ever had the displeasure to read.

That's really saying something.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly. I almost thought it was a practical joke, or some meta-satire on the quality of writing in comics after reading the first few.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His 90's series was really good, a lot better than his New 52 run. I'd suggest there.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@concust: As others have said, his solo series from the '90s is excellent. My personal favorite is the "City of Assassins" 4 issue arc from '92. It's issues #6-#9 I believe. It guest stars Batman, and takes place in Gotham.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to learn more about Deathstroke since his appearance in the game leaved a lot to be desired. Also my LCS doesn't have the 90s trade