• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (50950 posts) 6 months, 25 days ago

Poll: Vote for the Character of the Month: 05/14 (VOTE IN HERE!!!) (541 votes)

Batman 32%
Spider-Man 35%
Superman 13%
Wolverine 7%
Wonder Woman 15%

Welcome to a brand new segment, Viners! The objective here is simple: to have the community pick a "character of the month" and then we'll spend the whole month praising the winner! Seeing as this is the first edition, we're kicking it off with a bang: five very popular characters from Marvel and DC. Don't worry, as the segment continues we'll branch out more; it won't always be A-listers from the big two! But for now, we thought it would be best to kick-off the feature's debut by including some of the biggest names in comics.

You know how we have several awesome features on this site (e.g. best covers, best battles, etc)? Of course you do because you're totally a regular here, right? RIGHT?! Well, when a character is selected as the champion, we'll make sure to gear some of these articles around them as the month continues. For example, if Stilt-Man wins (hey, maybe it'll happen next April?), we'd eventually post Stilt-Man's Best Covers, Silt-Man's Best Battles, Stilt-Man's Best Stories, so on and so on. Additionally, when a character is picked as the winner, we encourage you all to create more threads about the fictional individual. Maybe some battles? Trivia with your peers? Share your favorite images? So, what are you waiting for? Vote for the very first "character of the month!"

Voting is open until Friday morning (ET). Later that day, we'll post an updated article announcing the winner and list the full details on what segments they'll get during their month of celebration.

#1 Posted by MuyJingo (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for Batman because stuff with his 75th going on. Wonder Woman would have been my pick otherwise.

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (50950 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

Voted for Batman because stuff with his 75th going on. Wonder Woman would have been my pick otherwise.

How very topical of you, sir!

#3 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman all the way

#4 Edited by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, I'm pretty sure Batman, Superman, and Wolverine have had some articles geared around them due to milestones they met, so I might toss my vote to Spider-Man.

#5 Posted by Iragexcudder (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

Luther Strode had quite a lot of action lately but definitely Batman for his 75th or Spidey due to the movie and Pete coming back

#6 Edited by Jphu8414 (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

It's up there between Batman's 75th and Peter Parker's emphatic return as Spider-Man ( he also has a new movie coming up which I am very excited to see)

#7 Posted by CTCFirebird (8 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Saren (26014 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman or bust

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of a big year for big names in comic books. It's Batman's 75th anniversary, Wolverine's 40th anniversary, and Spider-Man just came back from the dead.

#10 Edited by SionistheBoss (340 posts) - - Show Bio

im voting for batman cus I know the guy who's gonna make batmans 75th anniversary comic

#11 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18750 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man. New movie and relaunch of his book.

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#13 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6287 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#14 Edited by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's big three vs Marvel's little two? Well next month be Marvel's big three vs Green Lantern and Flash?

I voted Batman btw, not because I'm a Bat- homer but because of the whole 75th anniversary. (And because I'm a Bat-homer)

#15 Edited by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's dominating, eh?

#16 Edited by judasnixon (6935 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Edited by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

How has Wonder Woman gotten more votes than Superman or Wolverine?

#18 Posted by ReachDestroyer (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#19 Edited by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, how has Wonder Woman gotten more votes than Superman or Wolverine?

Oh I think you know why!

#20 Posted by DeathandGrim (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo, no love for Big Boy Blue?

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Oh I think you know why!

Don't go there.

#22 Posted by mak13131313 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman all the way!!

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34287 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Wonder Woman because she's always left out and the other characters are over exposed as it is.

But lets be serious here, this was gonna end up Batman month no matter what.

#24 Edited by snarkybits (386 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman. All the world's waiting for you, and the power you possess.

#25 Edited by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Wonder Woman because she's always left out and the other characters are over exposed as it is.

For a reason though. All the other characters here are more relevant than Wonder Woman.

#29 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman should be character of the Millennia

#30 Edited by Dernman (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

This but Superman in place of WW for me.

#31 Edited by butters911 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Spidey but Im 100% sure Batman is going to win

#32 Edited by judasnixon (6935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

For a reason though. All the other characters here are more relevant than Wonder Woman.

#33 Posted by Autopsad (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted Spider-Man 'cause he's the average guy, I can relate to him in more ways than any of the other characters PLUS he's baaaaaaaaaaaack !!!

#34 Edited by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

#35 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34287 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Relevant to what?

#36 Edited by Dernman (15438 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@strider92 said:
@wolverine08 said:

@strider92 said:
@wolverine08 said:

Oh I think you know why!

Don't go there.

STOP BAITING!

Shame on you. It's a very natural thing and everybody does it. >__>

#37 Edited by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Relevant to what?

In regards to aging well as characters.

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34287 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Relevant to what?

That really means nothing since in that case we would only have 3 characters and everything else would be ignored.

#39 Posted by WhineHaus (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave my love to the lady. Wonder Woman all the way.

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Relevant to what?

That really means nothing since in that case we would only have 3 characters and everything else would be ignored.

You're saying only three of the characters shown here have aged well?

#41 Posted by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Never!! I am the best at bating!! The king, the overlord......some might even say i'm a master-baiter!

#42 Edited by tparks (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Edited by Spider-Man (178 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

But...but, guys. Wonder Woman should totally be the focus for a while! Batman has his Battle of the Month, Superman, Spider-Man, and Wolverine are all like the most well-known comic book characters (alongside Batman), and Wonder Woman is certainly up there but hey why not give the focus to, frankly, the underdog here and pick Wonder Woman?

Unless, of course, you just don't like Wonder Woman at all in which case that's fine, vote for someone else. xD

#45 Posted by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Batman and Spider-Man are evenly matched. And WW is actually ahead of Superman and Wolverine?

#46 Edited by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman DAMNIT!! other characters can go suck a d*ck

#47 Posted by Edamame (28386 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#48 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34287 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Relevant to what?

No I'm saying if we keep using the same characters over and over then they will be the only characters that age well.

#49 Posted by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Relevant to what?

No I'm saying if we keep using the same characters over and over then they will be the only characters that age well.

Ah, I can agree with that.

#50 Posted by Krypton-115 (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool idea guys, this actually could help some people discover some more of their favorite characters through best covers and battles. Voted for Batman though.