Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to a brand new segment, Viners! The objective here is simple: to have the community pick a "character of the month" and then we'll spend the whole month praising the winner! Seeing as this is the first edition, we're kicking it off with a bang: five very popular characters from Marvel and DC. Don't worry, as the segment continues we'll branch out more; it won't always be A-listers from the big two! But for now, we thought it would be best to kick-off the feature's debut by including some of the biggest names in comics.

You know how we have several awesome features on this site (e.g. best covers, best battles, etc)? Of course you do because you're totally a regular here, right? RIGHT?! Well, when a character is selected as the champion, we'll make sure to gear some of these articles around them as the month continues. For example, if Stilt-Man wins (hey, maybe it'll happen next April?), we'd eventually post Stilt-Man's Best Covers, Silt-Man's Best Battles, Stilt-Man's Best Stories, so on and so on. Additionally, when a character is picked as the winner, we encourage you all to create more threads about the fictional individual. Maybe some battles? Trivia with your peers? Share your favorite images? So, what are you waiting for? Click the link below and vote for the very first "character of the month!"

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

Voting is open until Friday morning (ET). Later that day, we'll post an updated article announcing the winner and list the full details on what segments they'll get during their month of celebration.

Staff
#1 Posted by DedrabbiT (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool idea.

#2 Edited by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@dedrabbit said:

Very cool idea.

Thanks! Hopefully others agree and it does well enough to stick around :D

One thing that really helps Comic Vine stand apart from other sites -- for me, at least -- is the strong sense of community. So I'm always trying to find new ways to get segments out there that involve everyone.

Staff
#3 Posted by Hero_Of_None (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. Cool idea. Don't forget to vote!!!

#4 Edited by anandak47 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n I think it would be better if you guys chose a character. Picking 1 out of 5 is rather unfair to the fans of the other 4 characters.

Nonetheless, its a cool idea.

#5 Edited by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@anandak47 said:

@k4tzm4n I think it would be better if you guys chose a character. Picking 1 out of 5 is rather unfair to the fans of the other 4 characters.

Nonetheless, its a cool idea.

Sure, that could work, but I'd much rather allow the community to play some role in picking which character we celebrate. You have 4 days to rally more votes and all that, after all. Besides, just because someone doesn't win doesn't mean they can't be put in the poll again ;)

Staff
#6 Edited by DeathandGrim (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick it off with big boy blue himself.

It's common sense to use the best (and first) there is first.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33438 posts) - - Show Bio

May as well have just called this Batman month.

#8 Posted by PLTRGY13 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how to vite but Big Blue would definitely have my vote. God bless the Man of Steel!

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#10 Posted by Bio Guyver (6852 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey! Spidey! Spidey!

#11 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2631 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh.... so sad so many people are going to over look Wonder Woman

#12 Edited by RustyRoy (12726 posts) - - Show Bio

She's got more votes than Superman and Wolverine combined.

#13 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2631 posts) - - Show Bio
@rustyroy said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Still, I feel like she never gets enough recognition

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (12726 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Still, I feel like she never gets enough recognition

There's a lot of character who don't get enough recognition, one of them is in your username.

#15 Posted by Krypton-115 (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea, but this month we gotta go with Batman, since this Thursday he celebrates his 75th birthday.

#16 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent idea for a new feature.

#17 Posted by saoakden (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting idea. I had to choose between four of my favorite characters.

#19 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey. He's the one getting a new movie out there. Although, it's a close one between him and Bats.

#20 Posted by Lykida (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Spider-Man is the only character out of these I would consider myself a fan of I voted for him.

#21 Edited by AmazingWebHead (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me old-fashioned, but I'm going with Superman.

#22 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

@krypton-115: Actually that's exactly why we should not go with him, he already has a shit ton of stuff.

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea, but this month we gotta go with Batman, since this Thursday he celebrates his 75th birthday.

Excellent idea for a new feature.

@saoakden said:

Interesting idea. I had to choose between four of my favorite characters.

THANK TO THE YOU!

Staff
#24 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6898 posts) - - Show Bio

SPIDERMAN! He deserves it!

#25 Posted by RazzaTazz (9639 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Nice idea, though if Spider-Man wins the first month then I won't have much to post.

#26 Edited by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not Thor?

#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not Thor?

Why not Cap? Why not Hulk? Why not Punisher? We're only using 5 characters per month -- can't get everyone each time.

Staff
#28 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. But Spider-Man did just have a movie, so he'll probably win.

#29 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:
@truemarvel said:

Why not Thor?

Why not Cap? Why not Hulk? Why not Punisher? We're only using 5 characters per month -- can't get everyone each time.

Punisher would lose pretty bad between those 4.

#30 Posted by Accept (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man gets my vote.

#31 Edited by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill said:

@k4tzm4n said:
@truemarvel said:

Why not Thor?

Punisher would lose pretty bad between those 4.

O...kay. POINT REMAINS, FOO!

Staff
#32 Posted by Ms-Lola (2820 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering it's the first time this is being done, the five choices chosen are perfect to start things off.

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering it's the first time this is being done, the five choices chosen are perfect to start things off.

Thanks!

Staff
#34 Posted by saoakden (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Your welcome. Let me tell ya, most difficult decision I had to make. I like all 5 characters but 4 of them are in all time favorite. So is this segment going to feature 5 different characters each month?

#36 Posted by thewalkingdeadpool18 (386 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't put Batman in a popularity vote anything because of course Batman would win.

#37 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Superman!

#38 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio
@saoakden said:

@k4tzm4n: Your welcome. Let me tell ya, most difficult decision I had to make. I like all 5 characters but 4 of them are in all time favorite. So is this segment going to feature 5 different characters each month?

Yup, that's the goal! However, characters -- the ones that haven't won -- will work their way back into the polls over time.

You can't put Batman in a popularity vote anything because of course Batman would win.

He says when Batman is currently in second place.

MIC = DROPPED.

Staff
#39 Posted by _ANDY_CAN (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#40 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#41 Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

One more day to vote! Rally the troops, yo.

Staff