Villains month has been terrible.

• 87 results
BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@strangeman: I think September for DC is going to be full of crap for the next few years.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I've liked it for the most part.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

villain month has been awesome.

favorites in no specific order:

H'el

Court of owls

darkseid

lobo

deadshot

ras alghul

penguin

black manta

zod

brainiac

cheetah

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Dabee

If you hate it so much, just don't talk about it. Post threads about what you like, instead.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's been good so far. Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Creeper were bad

Lex Luthor, Zod, Darkseid, Cyborg Superman, and Lobo were good, not great.

Black Manta, Grodd, Two-Face, Ra's Al Ghul, Deadshot and Riddler were fantastic in my opinion.

I still have a big stack I haven't read yet, so there could be some more added to each category.

I'll probably get those that I highlighted, I've only gotten Lobo, and I thought it was okay for what DC is trying to do.

I also hope Lobo gets an ongoing title too.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I have been disappointed but there have been some that were amazing.Like:

• Darkseid
  • Ra's al Ghul
  • Zod
  • Deadshot
BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee: True but I just wanted to see if others felt it has been a let down as well. Heaven forbid I ask if people share my opinion.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BR_Havoc

@ccraft: They could do some fun things in a Lobo series I would not mind if the two Lobo's had to team up trying to take out the Justice League could be fun to see the two personalities clash together.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@citizenbane said:

I've liked it for the most part.

Same here.

@br_havoc: You didn't like Zod? Odd, most people I know (including myself) thought it was great.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: A team up? I think he's suppose to kill the old Lobo..

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@dctv3363 said:

I think DC's motto is "If people are gonna buy it either way, why bother?"

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I know he is supposed to kill him. It would just be a fun storyline if they teamed up they could insult each other and swear to kill each other once the job is done. It's a the enemy of my enemy is my friend type of deal.

Then again DC no longer does humor.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BR_Havoc

@jldoom: Fell into the category of meh to me it was not terrible like other books. I just did not find it good ether it was the middle of the road and I did not dig the Tarzan backstory or the rehash of the opening of Man of Steel. Many of these issues are just filler or time wasters and that has been a big let down to me. I wanted some insight to the villain only book so far I thought did a good job of that was Killer Frost..... Even though is borrows a lot for the movie the Thing.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Blackdog2009

@br_havoc: you couldn't be more wrong. It's been very good.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: That's your opinion and I respect it. I just have a different one nether one of us is wrong.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

That's funny! So much complaints, but I am actually loving Villains Month. Joker's was hilarious as was Gorilla Grodd (he has always made me laugh anyway). Riddler's was confusing which is great for his character. I loved reading Penguin's as it seemed like it was just another ordinary day for him. And the Rogues made me feel for Captain Cold in the rest of the Rogues.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@crazyscarecrow: You found the Grodd issue funny? o.O You have strange tastes.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite: Rightaroonie! I sure do! And have you never laughed at a Grodd book? He is a evil, talking gorilla. The idea is kinda funny. Seeing him empowered from the speed force made me smile in the book. :)

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite: I didn't say I laughed throughout the whole book.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By sinestro_GL

bleh.

As if you guys would read the titles if there wasn't a villain's month in the first place.

Stop complaining about it. There was no promise of improved writing this month with the less popular books.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course there's gonna be some who would protect an obvious cash grab. They haven't read the older and better DC stuff so they don't know what they're talking about.

If it ain't a Flash villain, Wonder Woman villain, Two-Face, Riddler, Arcane, Luthor, or any of the ones mentioned multiple times as someone's favorite, it isn't worth reading. Best stick with main event because at least that has been solid so far.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Yeah, sorry, but I have to say I don't see any of the stuff you're talking about. The book was perfectly paced, introduced a new Zod that still believes he's doing good but is now a sociopath (and he knows it) which is genius, the art was fantastic (except for that generic monster thing Zod liked), the Tarzan aspects (although I didnt link it to Tarzan but whatever) were pretty interesting and give Zod a more interesting background, the Man of Steel nod was nice and didnt take away from the story. So yeah, I have to say I loved it.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom: Again dude its a matter of opinion. I did not care for the story thought it was once again a boo hoo woe is me story for Zod. I did not care for the art because it was the 90's exxxtreme style and I am not a fan of that look. I also thought the nod to the man of steel was silly because it's the new 52 so why would you make a nod to a movie that did the opposite of what your comics are trying to do?

I guess they wanted the Man of Steel fans into the comic but they will just end up being confused as to why there are so many things that are different between the two.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: Haha you are right if DC did not give a whole month for this gimmick no one would of gave a damn about most of these books..... Maybe Joker.

As for complaining about quality its not just the smaller villains that have had bad issues there are plenty of the biggest villains DC has to offer that have mediocre or bad issues that hinder that character by the end of the issue.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JLDoom

@br_havoc: Oh I know it's a matter of opinion, no need to get worked up about that, I was just explaining why I liked it the same way you explained why you didn't. His story did have some sad stuff but deep down Zod has always been a monster, that's what the story is telling you, so you can feel somewhat bad for Zod but he's still a bad guy and probably would always be even if his parents hadn't been killed (and he killed one of his parents so that part was definitely not very tragic for Zod himself). I personally didn't think the art felt 90's, and the MOS nod was towards the end, I really doubt someone is going to buy a comic based on something that happens in the last pages and even then it's only in a couple of panels.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom: See where I think it falls into a sob story is in the beginning Zod cares for his little monster he is rising but his father is the "monster" to him because me makes him kill them. So it's once again a bad childhood story. Would Zod of been evil yeah most likely but instead of going in the direction he is evil because he truly believes in Machiavellism they made him evil because he loved monsters as a kid and hated is dad.

What I meant is they would lose the Man of Steel fan is they would buy the book because they see Zod on the cover. Feeling it could bring them into comics but it really fails to do that. To me the art really had that 90's image feel certain parts look Liefieldish.

InkInk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage month piss poor job at making any of these villains relevant without their respected heroes. People need to stop supporting DC when they do garbage like this and people that jumped on with the new 52 need to stop defending it. DC does not know what there doing and do not care about anything but money so what do you expect when 90 percent of the issues are garbage?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#80  Edited By batmannflash

Villains Month has been a little disappointing but there have been some great ones like Darkseid and The Rogues. The Flash has had the best villain issues so far.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ccraft
No Caption Provided

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Uh what was the point of posting that?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: It's Brett Booth, he draws the new Lobo well imo.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The problem with Villains Month is the same as the problem with Blackest Night: formulaic stories. Almost every story follows the same script, so even the good ones leave you kinda meh.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Meh never been a fan of Booth his art is straight out of 96 with that extreme style. I simply do not like the new Lobo design and it will not grow on me any time soon. He looks like a Liefield image character from the 90's so he already looks more dated than the old design.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MythiiC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought The Rogues, Reverse Flash & Black Manta were all excellent! Others I've read have been pretty mediocre, however I've been very selective on what I pick up.