Villain titles harm the characters?

madtitan2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By madtitan2112

I have just read the first four issues of superior foes of spider-man and while the books are well written and funny i feel that the may potentially ruin the characters for future use. If a writer and wanted to use boomerang or shocker in the future as a real threat to heroes they may decide not to because they could be seen as a joke or as too sympathetic.

P.S. for people who think shocker IS a joke he has beaten spider-man at least twice that i have seen. (if you know the issue numbers that would be appreciated.)

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't be disrespecting SFSM. Most of these characters were used as jokes, and will most likely not be used very often. Its a running joke that Shocker beats Spiderman in that book. Not all villain titles harm the character, take the UDON Taskmaster miniseries; that gave Taskmaster some of his best showings.

madtitan2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I actually like Superior Foes but can also see that things like Boomerang making fun of his own costume constantly could hamper a writer who wanted to use him in a serious story. I have no problem with humor books i was just wondering what books like this do to the characters in the long run.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8