Video Games - Favorite Boss Battle EVER!

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Title says it all.

My favorite is from Metal Gear Solid 4. In the MGS series, the boss battles are always creative and make you think out of the box. Most of the bosses in MGS4 were surprisingly uninspired compared to the rest of the series though. However, the final battle against Liquid Ocelot is one of the most satisfying ends to a game I've ever played. They're a couple of geezers, but it's one slobber-knocker of a beat down.

What's your favorite boss battle?

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@oy_the_billy_bumbler: did you ever try that fight while getting the big boss emblem? I liked it the first time I did it, but on big boss extreme it almost made me suplex my TV.

For me it's probably between the sniper battle with the end in MGS3 and the unkillable necromorph from dead space 2 that just chased you for like 10 minutes, I don't even know how much time/ammo I wasted trying to keep him dead.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By reaverlation

So many games but can't choose. But one of my favorites:

Mass Effect 2 where you fight the shadow broker. Seeing Shepherd charge shoulder first into the Broker's shield was awesome

Another one:Batman Arkham City,Batman vs Ra's al Ghul. Seeing the cinematic intro with Ra's coming out of the lazarus pit was freaking awesome

Another One lol:Borderlands 2 Seraph Guardian fights.Winning after a hard exhilarating fight and gaining rewards worth the fighting

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Optimus Prime/Megatron in FoC
  • Zinyak in SR4
  • Pokemon League Champion
DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All of the Arkham City battles were awesome, even though it took me ages to beat Mr Freeze, best one was Clayface.

Super Mario Galaxy final battle against Bowser was pretty good

Knights of the Old Republic fight against Darth Malak

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

One that always stuck with me was when you fight the Cerberus in Kingdom Hearts. I always thought that was cool.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Orician_Seis

Mine would have to be Saren/Sovereign Mass Effect one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr freeze from arkham city, vaas from far cry 3 wasn't great gameplay wise but the way it was presented was awesome.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I haven't played video games in a long time so I have to go with Metal Gear Solid for the first playstation.

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oy_the_billy_bumbler: did you ever try that fight while getting the big boss emblem? I liked it the first time I did it, but on big boss extreme it almost made me suplex my TV.

For me it's probably between the sniper battle with the end in MGS3 and the unkillable necromorph from dead space 2 that just chased you for like 10 minutes, I don't even know how much time/ammo I wasted trying to keep him dead.

Lol, I gave up trying to play on harder modes. I'm not very good at video games. lol.

The End was such an awesome boss fight. I think it took me about 15 minutes to find that old dude the first time I played it, and that was just to get one shot off on him. I think it took me over a half hour to beat him, but it was never boring at all. There is nothing like that boss battle in any other video game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

• Meta Ridley (Metroid Prime)
  • Vulcan Raven (MGS)
  • The End (MGS 3)
  • Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time)
  • Bowser (Super Mario 64)
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MAZAHS117

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

The last fight with The Boss. Just Naked Snake vs his master in a CQC duel in a field of white flowers. Just epic and sad at the same time.

I think MGS3 is Hideo Kojimas masterpiece and he has yet to top it to date imo