Posted by G-Man (30682 posts) - - Show Bio

If you've been watching The Venture Bros. then you're aware that the last episode of last season ending on a bit of a cliffhanger. A lot has happened over the first four seasons and it's all been leading up to this. After waiting a few years for the new season to begin, the wait is finally over. In case you were unaware that the day has finally arrived, be sure to watch or set your DVRs because Season 5 begins tonight, Sunday, June 2 at midnight ET/PT!

What the heck happened in the first four seasons? It's been a while and maybe you don't quite remember how Season 4 ended. Thankfully, you can check out this handy dandy recap 8-minute video.

What can be said about the premiere of Season 5 - "What Color is Your Cleansuit?" The hour-long episode is exactly what you'd want. You'll be surprised how easily it is to just jump back in and watched the episode.

So much is going on with Dr. Venture trying to complete a new project (he actually hires a bunch of interns), Dean has undergone some changes since the last episode and finds a new love (sort of) and there's just so much chaos going on at the compound.

Of course we can't forget about the Monarch. He's still trying to deal with Henchman #21 leaving and trying to make a way in the secret S.P.H.I.N.X. organization.

It's hard to discuss the episode without giving too much away. Let's just say, you're going to enjoy it - assuming you've enjoyed the first four seasons. It's hard to get over the fact it's been so long. But the new season begins now. As I mentioned, there's so much going on. With all the different plot lines, the humor and great quality animation and voicing, Season 5 is a reminder why we love this show.

You really don't need to know more about what happens. It's better if you don't. Just watch the show and prepare to be entertained.

Staff
#1 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

They are back dude!!!!

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

Greatest animated show to ever exist..

#3 Posted by fables87 (950 posts) - - Show Bio

ABOUT TIME AND FINALLY! Best show on Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. Period!

#4 Posted by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this show

#5 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the Venture Bros are back!

#6 Edited by Onemoreposter (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY!

#7 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10410 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by bob808 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#9 Edited by viin (547 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited...

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

My DVR is already set

#11 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

my reaction to this news

#12 Posted by RDClip (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Team Venture!!!

#13 Posted by Teerack (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait! :D

#14 Posted by Mandrewgora (295 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my most favorite shows.

#15 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10410 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...please tell me Dean is trying to jock Raven's style.

#16 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm SO EXCITED! Although, I did think last season was probably one of the worst seasons. It's because of Sphinx.

#17 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man O...M...G. I thought this was canceled, and now I am super stoked. So glad to find out about it on my daily visit to the vine.

#18 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

The long waits are absolutely worth it for this show.

I'm SO EXCITED! Although, I did think last season was probably one of the worst seasons. It's because of Sphinx.

Never. More Hunter Gathers is always a good thing.

#19 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this show. Lots of great action and humor. Just great writing overall.

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Long time coming! About time I say!

#22 Posted by judasnixon (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...... The Venture Bros. did a Roots Joke....

#23 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

The long waits are absolutely worth it for this show.

@doordoor123 said:

Never. More Hunter Gathers is always a good thing.

Well I got my way :)

#24 Edited by mightypug78 (340 posts) - - Show Bio

just watched. I had a blast but i wish it didnt end so fast. one hour was not enough. :*(

#25 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched VENTURE BROS. in a while. That opening doesn't help one catch up. That episode went a loooong way for a soylent green joke, and I applaud them on the OREGON TRAIL gag. Still had a lot of fun.

#26 Edited by Novemberx2 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

is sergeant hatred still in it? I hope not, because he was never funny.

#27 Posted by Teddygurl (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome recap! Think I've missed out on some of them episodes. ): Need to re-watch.

#28 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG this episode was great.

#29 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

episode was cool, but don't care for Dean's new look and those poor baby gorillas

#30 Edited by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

i fell asleep during the episode, not because it was bad because i was tired, way too late imo

#31 Posted by Mucklefluga (2524 posts) - - Show Bio

Never heard of it...

I'm guessing i could jump right in with this new season, right?

#32 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the bumper about how the Halloween special took place during that commercial break

#33 Posted by DocLuthorVonDoom (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this show, and I was so excited that it's coming back after a 2 something year break. I even marathoned all the past seasons before the premiere, like a proper fan. However, I was pretty disappointed with "What Color is Your Clean Suit?". I was trying to figure out what it was that bothered me so much about it...and I'm still not sure, it just didn't seem to have as many good lines as previous season premieres. Also, very little Brock, and, worst of all, Aziz Ansari was one of the voices! I hate that douche! He talks like he just stepped out of the early 90's and his stand up routine is essentially him just bragging about how he's friends with Kanye West, like that's suppose to be impressive. Well, here's hoping it'll pick up, and that Ansari was just a one time thing.