Venom Movie: May NOT be Eddie OR Flash

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/the-amazing-spider-man-2-writer-on-sinister-six-oscorp-unifying-the-villainsa-possible-eddie-brock-venom-and-the-future-of-the-franchise

"IGN: It is really interesting, because this is perfect time for an antihero like this in a comic book movie, because audiences are so primed with Walter White, or Tony Soprano, or Vic Mackey...But the big question in terms of Venom is, do you think they're primed enough for an Eddie Brock? Or does it need to be Flash Thompson -complicated, but more heroic?

Orci: I think they're ready to have things shaken up. I think we've all seen everything. You've seen everything. You can probably predict the ending of most things even better than a general audience, but a general audience is still pretty good at it. They can see it all coming. So we have to shake it up. You can't just keep telling the same stories every day."

SEEN EVERYTHING? NEED IT SHAKEN UP? NO. NO NO NO NO.

Outside of Eddie or Flash, there shouldnt even BE a discussion for the host. This is the most asinine news, its amusing to me how they are going we this. Oh lets take two Fan favorites that are both being demanded and why not just take a complete sh*t on them and not care about the fans of Venom? I honestly hope they are not going in this direction and hope this is all just a small (but cruel) joke.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OreoAssassin

Anyone have any thoughts?

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jeepeh

That's bullcrap, This is like making a Spiderman movie that's not about Peter Parker, The only reason they can do Flash is because he's been so well accepted by the fans and because a military+superhero movie would be the freaking BOMB., who else are they going to do? Anglo? HA! Mac Gargan? LULZ. You suck IGN. -.-

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

To be honest, you kind of took that quote and ran with it.

And IGN's of course didn't ask him to clarify a bit.

But he didn't really say it wouldn't be either of them. Frankly, Flash would probably be a shake up to the general audience who probably only know him as Eddie.

Way too much speculation from a very generic quote, though. I'm not really that concerned.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

OUT WITH THE SOURCE MATERIAL! HUZZAH!

But he didn't really say it wouldn't be either of them. Frankly, Flash would probably be a shake up to the general audience who probably only know him as Eddie.

Way too much speculation from a very generic quote, though. I'm not really that concerned.

Nicely said.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Harry Osborn?