Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

In 2015…the story starts here!

Valiant Entertainment is proud to announce VALIANT NEXT – an all-new wave of ongoing series and prestige format projects from some of the premier creative talents in comics today. Beginning in December with THE VALIANT #1 (of 4) by Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt, and Paolo Rivera, VALIANT NEXT continues with five blockbuster new series in 2015:

• IVAR, TIMEWALKER #1 by Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry in January
  • DIVINITY #1 (of 4) by Matt Kindt and Trevor Hairsine in February
  • IMPERIUM #1 by Joshua Dysart and Doug Braithwaite in February
  • NINJAK #1 by Matt Kindt and Clay Mann in March
  • BLOODSHOT REBORN #1 by Jeff Lemire and Mico Suayan in April

Following the critically acclaimed, smash-hit success of VALIANT FIRST in 2014, VALIANT NEXT will present six new starting points perfect for readers new and old. Featuring an exciting selection of new series starring Valiant’s biggest, most-demanded heroes alongside all-new, never before seen characters, VALIANT NEXT is the NEXT epic evolution of Valiant's best-selling, fan-favorite publishing line.

"We’ve spent two years building an award-winning publishing line, pouring our hearts into re-imagining X-O MANOWAR, HARBINGER and the rest of the Valiant Universe for the modern day. Now it’s time to take it to the next level,” said Valiant CEO and Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. “VALIANT NEXT taps into the same creative energy that made Valiant one of the most legendary comic book companies of all time. When I was a kid, one of the best things about Valiant was picking up an issue with a brand new character, like X-O MANOWAR or NINJAK. I’m excited that we’re doing that again now with series like DIVINITY and IMPERIUM. And that’s only a fraction of what we have coming next.”

"Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt and Paolo Rivera are delivering an absolute monster of a book with THE VALIANT and it’s the perfect title to lead off VALIANT NEXT," said Valiant Editor-In-Chief Warren Simons. "This is our most ambitious initiative yet, and everyone’s bringing their A-game. The creative team of ARCHER & ARMSTRONG reuniting to launch IVAR, TIMEWALKER. Clay Mann on NINJAK – his first ongoing series at Valiant. Mico Suayan tearing it up with Jeff Lemire on BLOODSHOT REBORN. Joshua Dysart and Doug Braithwaite together for the first time for the devastating events ofIMPERIUM. Not to mention the introduction of an all-new, all-powerful force in DIVINITY from the minds of Matt Kindt and Trevor Hairsine. It’s a kick-ass time to be a Valiant fan."

For more information on VALIANT NEXT, join Valiant this week at New York Comic Con 2014 for theVALIANT COMICS: THE VALIANT, RAI, X-O MANOWAR, AND BEYOND panel presentation onFriday, October 10th at 12:15 pm. Featuring Matt Kindt (THE VALIANT, NINJAK, DIVINITY), Jeff Lemire (THE VALIANT, BLOODSHOT REBORN), Paolo Rivera (THE VALIANT), Fred Van Lente(IVAR, TIMEWALKER), Robert Venditti (X-O MANOWAR), Editor-in-Chief Warren Simons, and Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani, get your first look inside each VALIANT NEXT release right here, only at New York Comic Con!

THE VALIANT #1 (of 4)

No Caption Provided

Written by JEFF LEMIRE & MATT KINDT

Art by PAOLO RIVERA

PRESTIGE FORMAT LIMITED SERIES | BEGINNING DECEMBER 2014

A battle ten millennia in the making…

The Eternal Warrior has protected the Earth for more than 10,000 years. A master of countless weapons and long forgotten martial arts, he is guided by the Geomancers – those who speak for the Earth. During his long watch, the Eternal Warrior has failed three times. Each time, the Geomancer was killed…and a new dark age for humanity began. Each time, he was unable to stop The Immortal Enemy – a monstrous force of nature. A civilization killer. A horror that appears differently each time it arrives…and whose seemingly only purpose is to bring disorder and darkness to the world. Now, the time has come for The Immortal Enemy to return once more. But, this time, the Eternal Warrior will be ready. This time, he has a force greater than any single warrior. This time, he has…THE VALIANT.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

IVAR, TIMEWALKER #1

No Caption Provided

Written by FRED VAN LENTE

Art by CLAYTON HENRY

ONGOING SERIES | BEGINNING JANUARY 2015

From the award-winning team that brought you ARCHER & ARMSTRONG, New York Times best-selling creators Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry present a centuries-spanning race against the clock!

At this very moment in Geneva, Switzerland, history is being made. A thousand meters underground inside the Large Hadron Collider, researcher Neela Sethi is about to discover time travel – and jeopardize her life in the process. But she doesn't know that yet. Ten minutes from now, every deadbeat chrononaut, wannabe conqueror, and misguided protector of the timestream will be banging down her door. Good thing that the legendary Ivar, Timewalker, got there first…right? Now it's down to history's most jaded, most tempestuous time traveler to stop the worst of everything that is, was, and will be...before time runs out!

DIVINITY #1 (of 4)

No Caption Provided

Written by MATT KINDT

Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE

PRESTIGE FORMAT LIMITED SERIES | BEGINNING FEBRUARY 2015

At the height of the Cold War, the Soviet Union – determined to win the Space Race at any cost – green lit a dangerously advanced mission. They sent a man farther into the cosmos than anyone has gone before or since. Lost in the stars, he encountered something unknown. Something that...changed him.

Long thought lost and erased from the history books, he has suddenly returned, crash-landing in the Australian Outback. The few that have been able to reach him believe him to be a deity -– one who turned the scorched desert into a lush oasis. They say he can bend matter, space, and even time to his will. Earth is about to meet a new god. And he's a communist.

How long can it be before the first confrontation between mankind and DIVINITY begins?

From New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt and blockbuster artist Trevor Hairsine comes a shocking new vision of 21st century science fiction in an all-new prestige format limited series.

IMPERIUM #1

No Caption Provided

Written by JOSHUA DYSART

Art by DOUG BRAITHWAITE

ONGOING SERIES | BEGINNING FEBRUARY 2015

A daring new superhero saga from New York Times best-selling creator Joshua Dysart – writer of of the Harvey-Award nominated series Harbinger – and superstar artist Doug Braithwaite!

Toyo Harada is the most dangerous human being on the planet. Imbued with incredible powers of the mind, he has spent his life guiding humanity from the shadows. But today he is a wanted man. His powers are public knowledge, his allies have turned to enemies, and he is hunted by every government on the planet.

Instead of surrendering, Harada has one last unthinkable gambit to play: to achieve more, faster, and with less, he will build a coalition of the powerful, the unscrupulous and the insane. No longer content to demand a better future, he will recruit a violent legion from the darkest corners of the Earth to fight for it. The battle for utopia begins now.

NINJAK #1

No Caption Provided

Written by MATT KINDT

Art by CLAY MANN

ONGOING SERIES | BEGINNING MARCH 2015

Then: Meet inexperienced MI-6 recruit Colin King on his first mission in the field as he learns the basics of spycraft and counterintelligence, and develops a volatile relationship with his first handler.

Now: Colin King is Ninjak, the world's foremost intelligence operative, weapons expert, and master assassin. And he's hunting the Shadow Seven – a secret cabal of shinobi masters with mysterious ties to his training and tragic past.

For the first time, Ninjak's past and future collide in the pages of an all-new ongoing series from New York Times bestselling writer Matt Kindt and superstar artist Clay Mann!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BLOODSHOT REBORN #1

No Caption Provided

Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art by MICO SUAYAN with JEFF LEMIRE

Colors by DAVID BARON

ONGOING SERIES | BEGINNING APRIL 2015

From New York Times best-selling writer Jeff Lemire and red-hot rising star Mico Suayan, Valiant delivers an all-new ongoing series for Valiant's most unrelenting hero!

Bloodshot's nanites made him a nearly unstoppable killing machine. His enhanced strength, speed, endurance, and healing made him the perfect weapon, and he served his masters at Project Rising Spirit – a private contractor trafficking in violence – very well.

Now, Bloodshot is a shadow of his former self. He lives in self-imposed exile, reeling from the consequences of his past life and the recent events that nearly drove him mad. But when a rash of shootings by gunmen who appear to look just like Bloodshot begin, his guilt will send him on a mission to stop the killers, even if it means diving headlong into the violence that nearly destroyed him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By johnny_blaze

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A NINJAK SERIES!!!!!!!! AND YES I AM SHOUTING!!!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

dancing animated GIF

^ Accurately represents how I feel about this news.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Well I know nothing about Valiant, I've never read Valiant, but I see Jeff Lemire's name, so I'm going to have to start reading soon.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

F!~!!!!K YES!!!!!

TAKE ALL MY MONEY YOU DIRTY GIRL

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodshot by Jeff Lemire!

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I FREAKING SWEAR @k4tzm4n HAS SOME SORT OF PULL IN THE COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY. I mean first i thought it was coincidental when he did an article on why Deathstroke deserved another series and low and behold A FREAKING DAY LATER a new Deathstroke series was announced. NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME NINJAK IS GETTING A SERIES TOO GIVEN THAT HE JUST HAD A BATTLE OF THE WEEK SEGMENT AGAINST CYCLOPS!? @k4tzm4n sama please make an article on how Spider Gwen deserves a series or a spotlight write up or anything. USE YOUR HIDDEN GEKI DAMA OF CHARACTER PUBLICITY!

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By BigL

Matt Kindt is killing it on Rai so I'll be checking out Ninjak. Bloodshot Reborn & Divinity I'll check out as well. Nice to see Valiant continue their success

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when i thought Valiant was down for the count with Harbinger and Bloodshot finishing, they're back for more with ass kickery of the finest quality

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is good news.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seriously getting all of these titles. Divinity and Ivar especially sound amazing.

And Jeff Lemire getting more involved with Valiant? YES PLEASE.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lensnart said:

Just when i thought Valiant was down for the count with Harbinger and Bloodshot finishing, they're back for more with ass kickery of the finest quality

I knew they had something planned. They've made Psiots and Bloodshots too important to their new universe to not have them in some kind of ongoing.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am almost done with DC after the Humble Bundle. Where was this my cmic book life.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wow...these all sound great. Curious to read Lemire's Bloodshot and excited to see Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry back together.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish my bank account could afford this.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By HolySerpent

Everything but ninjak. That dude is lame

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there is a conspiracy at Valiant to take all of my money. I have seriously dropped almost all my Marvel and Image titles to pick up Valiant's books.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Valiant and Ninjak are at the top of my list for these titles I'll try to get more of these depending on my budget.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-ninj-j-j-j-j-jj---j-j-aaaaaaaaaaaak

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator
CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These all look great. Valiant continues to bring in some serious talent. I hope a lot of people try these, I'd like to see at least one of these crack the 10k mark in sales.

thesleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad Dysart gets to continue his harbringer story.

Gonna try all of these!

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So happy Braithwaite is getting an ongoing btw. LOVED his art on Armor Hunters.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am loving the sound of Divinity so far, a communist living god!

Also bloodshot and that crossover by Lemire!

Van Lente isn't leaving Valiant!

Harada and Ninjak are getting a solo!

Too much good stuff!!!

Randomtask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valiant seems to be in a constant cycle of launching new titles. Having said that I was really enjoying Unity and X-O Manowar before Armour Hunters; I usually miss cross overs, so I might jump back in here. I imagine I've missed a lot .

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Bloodshot Reborn....Jesus Christ...I need new pants

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Cool beans.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My..God...their all so beautiful. My heart...it hurts soooo goood!

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodshot Reborn....Jesus Christ...I need new pants

lol this.

harashkupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: So happy Braithwaite is getting an ongoing btw. LOVED his art on Armor Hunters.

Same, the way he handled Harada during the opening arc of Unity makes him perfect for this book.

I personally can't wait for Clay Mann's Ninjak. After reading his Elektra I'm ready to see him bring some of that bad@$$ery to Valiant.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By frozenedge2

Oh Valiant, you really know how to treat your readers

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

will be picking up The Valiant, Divinity, Ninjak and the Bloodshot Reborn series.

i mean Jeff Lemire on some of these titles, there is no doubt in my mind that these titles will kick ass!

thank you Valiant!

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

Just a few days ago I was looking at the old Valiant series and thinking; you know what we need now? A new Timewalker ongoing.

Dreams do come true; but only a Valiant.

My only question is how this affects their 9 Series at a time limit. Obviously Bloodshot Reborn is replacing Bloodshot and Imperium is the new Harbinger (Wondering where Peter's story is going from here though, maybe Omegas 3 will give more answers there). Is Timewalker replacing Archer and Armstrong for the time being?

And if Bloodshot just has 24 and 25 left before The Valiant and then Reborn; where are those 2 issues going to be collected in trade?

Overall though this is still crazy awesome news. I'm all over all of these but especially Timewalker and Imperium.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_mighty_monarch: I was under the impression that A&A was continuing, just under a different creative team.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

@maccyd: I'm just not sure if they have room for it; after #25 we've just got the One Percent One-Shot confirmed; it seems like the main series for all but X-O Manowar end after 25. Harbinger became Omegas and then Imperium, Bloodshot is taking a break and then becoming Bloodshot Reborn; assuming Rai, X-O Manowar, and Unity aren't taking a break since they'll be mid-arc; we've already got 8 titles for January and February; that last slot could go to Shadowman or Eternal Warrior.

Just speculating here; of the 3 I'd rather it be A&A; although Eternal Warrior could always use more love; Though he has The Valiant during those months.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Definitely giving Divinity, Imperium, Ninjak, and Bloodshot a try.

Not a fan of A&A so I doubt I will pick up Fred Van Lente's book until I see how the reviews are coming back on it.

As for the Valiant, I'm still not decided if I am going to pick it up from the start or wait and see.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The only ones I am interested in are the Valiant and Bloodshot Reborn and the reason behind that is that Lemire is writing both of them.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

replace bloodshot with geomancer and i would say "i gotta gotta gotta catch em all, valiant comics!"

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

OKAY OKAY OKAY

I gotta organize this; The valiant and Divinity in trade.

And I will definitely be getting Imperium. Then I have decide between Ninjak and Timewalker.

P.s. Matt Kindt literally writes everything lol.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10: *mind blown* oh my.... a geomancer series would be epic!!

I want to know what Valiant decides to do with Shadowman now that he has alligned himself with Darque. I still think that Darque would be an amazing Unity villain.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Timewalker, Imperium and Divinity all sound amazing!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Time to start reading Valiant

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kivatt

Not to sound like a downer, but am I the only one that misses Grek Pak? I loved Eternal Warrior.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MakkyD

@the_mighty_monarch: The Valiant and Divinity will be ending roughly around the same time. I wonder what'll replace them and how they'll affect the Valiant universe. I know Lemire has stated that Bloodshot Reborn continues from the Valiant, but he says Kindt is going to tie it into alot of his stuff as well (which is a lot of Valiant).

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@dman1366: i know there was trouble with the series sales wise but at least for the first storyarc or two i loved the series so kinda surprised they are not relaunching that, but instead relaunching bloodshot for like the fourth time. dont get it

Avatar image for thesmallvillefan12
TheSmallvillefan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pull List Just Got Bigger

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A NINJAK SERIES!!!!!!!! AND YES I AM SHOUTING!!!

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divinity, Time Walker and Ninjak for me.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TommytheHitman

Super happy about Ninjak and Imperium both could be amazing!