Valiant Announce A New Shadowman Mini Series

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Valiant is proud to announce Shadowman: End Times #1 (of 3) – an oversized, prestige three-issue mini-series from master storyteller Peter Milligan (Hellblazer) and acclaimed artist Valentine De Landro (Bitch Planet)! The end times begin this April when Valiant unleashes an all-new starting point for New Orleans’ nocturnal guardian and a perfect introduction to Peter Milligan’s sinister new direction for Shadowman!

Jack Boniface thinks that he’s finally fixed his life — and the source of the dark power inside him. But when a figure from the past emerges to reveal the troubling truth about his destiny, the latest Shadowman will be forced to run a gauntlet of his darkest fears realized: the rise of a wild new pantheon of Voodoo loas… the return of his father, Josiah…and the earthly restoration of his oldest and deadliest enemy, Master Darque. Make no mistake — doom is coming for Shadowman…and the devastating consequences are about to lead Jack Boniface to a perilous new turning point!

“I don’t want to give too much away, but I will say that it’s unlikely if Shadowman could ever be the same again after this mini-series. As to what hope fans might have of Jack and Shadowman making it out of this adventure, I’ll quote Shelley: ‘Hope may vanish, but can die not,” Milligan told Newsarama.

“Shadowman: End Times is where we absolutely blow it up,” added editor Alejandro Arbona. “Peter has masterminded a long-term plan for Shadowman, and End Times is its beating heart and guts. Frankly, it’s like nothing I’ve ever read in superhero comics. Don’t think of it as an ending…it’s the beginning of a Shadowman we’ve never seen before.”

This April, Shadowman gets pushed to the edge…but can Jack Boniface survive the plunge? The answers await in Shadowman: End Times #1 (of 3) – featuring covers by red-hot talents Giueseppe Camuncoli (Superior Spider-Man), Jeff Dekal (Journey into Mystery) and David Mack (Daredevil, Kabuki)! Start reading here this April with an all-new entry point into the savage depths of Peter Milliagn’s Shadowman saga!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Cool, I want to read Shadowman in trades eventually

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Awesome. The Master Darque stuff was the best.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: It's real good but if I was you I'd just jump on when Milligan took over, it's only 2 issues in

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: It's real good but if I was you I'd just jump on when Milligan took over, it's only 2 issues in

Ehh, i read the first issue and loved it, I am waiting for the deluex hardcover of issues 1-12 to come out before reading the new stuff. Not to mention i am trying to by more trades and less issues because it's cheaper

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Ehh, i read the first issue and loved it, I am waiting for the deluex hardcover of issues 1-12 to come out before reading the new stuff. Not to mention i am trying to by more trades and less issues because it's cheaper

I'm just hoping Shadowman lasts. I'v never looked at the sales but it and Archer & Armstrong seem to be the forgotten books at Valiant

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I'm just hoping Shadowman lasts. I'v never looked at the sales but it and Archer & Armstrong seem to be the forgotten books at Valiant

Its because those books keep to themselves and arent in crossovers and team up books

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've only seen one Valiant book in the top 100 in sales (it's Unity).

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Its because those books keep to themselves and arent in crossovers and team up books

That's true although A & A does have links to Project Rising Spirit and it's crossing over with Bloodshot soon. I'm not sure I'd want Shadowman to crossover, it's got it's great little dark Vertigo style corner but I could see it working with Eternal Warrior tho since it's the only other book with mythological stuff in.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

That's true although A & A does have links to Project Rising Spirit and it's crossing over with Bloodshot soon. I'm not sure I'd want Shadowman to crossover, it's got it's great little dark Vertigo style corner but I could see it working with Eternal Warrior tho since it's the only other book with mythological stuff in.

Yeah, honestly I am not a fan of Archer and Armstrong. I bought the Wrath of Eternal Warrior trade for Eternal Warrior of course. I liked the story and the villains plot, but neither Archer or Armstrong grab me that well. So truth be told I am not that excited for the Bloodshot and Hard Corps crossover. I would like to see Shadowman and Gilad team up, that would be awesome.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah, honestly I am not a fan of Archer and Armstrong. I bought the Wrath of Eternal Warrior trade for Eternal Warrior of course. I liked the story and the villains plot, but neither Archer or Armstrong grab me that well. So truth be told I am not that excited for the Bloodshot and Hard Corps crossover. I would like to see Shadowman and Gilad team up, that would be awesome.

No? I really like it, it's just a really fun adventure book. It's like "What if Indiana Jones and Short Round were Cho and Hercules"

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AllStarSuperman

No? I really like it, it's just a really fun adventure book. It's like "What if Indiana Jones and Short Round were Cho and Hercules"

I dont get the reference at all....

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I've only seen one Valiant book in the top 100 in sales (it's Unity).

That brakes my heart but Valiant have said they are happy with the sales figures for each book and they must be since they keep launching more.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@xwraith: @allstarsuperman: @jonny_anonymous: I wouldn't be too concerned about Sales. By Marvel or DC standards they're all quite low and would be cancelled. But Valiant obviously doesn't have their bench marks lol.

Numbers:

• Unity: 18,181 (ranked 121)
  • X-O Manowar: 9,941 (ranked 190)
  • Eternal Warrior: 9,645 (ranked 194)
  • Shadowman: 9,403 (ranked 197)
  • Harbinger: 9,237 (ranked 199)
  • Quantum and Woody: 8,855 (ranked 208)
  • Archer and Armstrong: 8,608 (ranked 216)
  • Bloodshot and HARD Corps: 8,142 (ranked 222)

Overall Valiant is only pulling in like 1% of the dollar and total unit sales. I really don't think any books are in angered of being canceled though given they're all really close to each other except Unity. Shadowman is actually doing quite well relative to their entire lineup.

Unless one of them dropped under 5000, I think we're fine.

Still criminal sales based on quality of books though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@fallschirmjager: that's not that bad actually I wonder why unity is so high tho? I mean I know it's there big team book but still.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: thanks for the stats, interesting that Eternal Warrior is one of their better selling books

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@allstarsuperman said:

@fallschirmjager: thanks for the stats, interesting that Eternal Warrior is one of their better selling books

new comics usually sell better. wait a few more issues :p