white_devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white_devil

Hello!

Im planing on doing a comics website (so far just a blog) and im in the design phase but i have a doubt that i hope somebody here can help me with...

Can i use comic images in the website background? i mean like a background of batman or something? my idea is to add trending topics backgrounds (for example, now would be a spiderman background, then a batman background because of the movies,etc..) but i dont know if that's legal, can i use those character on my website?? i've seen tons of sites using it, but i dont know if i can have a problem for that.

I hope somebody can help me here.

Thanks in advanced!

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By _Zombie_

I think as long as you don't claim to of created the images (in other words, put a disclaimer on the site saying you didn't make them), and you're not using them for profit, you'll be fine.

white_devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By white_devil

Oh great, thank you for your reply and sorry for my late one!

Actually i have a disclaimer, but wanted to be sure :)

Thanks again!

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KainScion

@white_devil: be careful bro. things can get really nasty really fast.

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By SupahForeigner

If you can get permission from whoever created the chosen image (through email) then that's advisable, if not then just do what one of the previous people said and put a disclaimer on the picture.

white_devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By white_devil

Hey guys, thank you very much for your comments, in fact i sent an email to the legal department of dc comics but got no answer :( also did the same with Marvel and got the same results...

I dont feel very confident with using these images with no permissions, and i dont want any problem. I'll try contacting them again, to see if they reply somehting.