Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8585 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Unworthy Thor

drowzyburro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know the new Thor is a woman and that the unworthy Thor has lost an arm, but can someone tell me more about unworthy Thor. Tell me his feats, what he has done, if he has any powers, and how many powerhouses can he still take. I haven't been paying much attention to marvel lately can you please catch me up on unworthy Thor.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cream_God

He recently beat the poop out of Apocalypse (plus Absorbing Man and some members of the X-Men) and tanked Lokis hits who's was using Mjolnir. Plus he's gonna fight Female Thor next issue, the seem to be writing him as a headstrong warrior who's looking for a brawl.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3 god_spawn  Moderator

Unworthy Thor is literally just Thor without Mjolnir. So take away the powers he uses with Mjolnir, give him a celestial killing axe, and there you go. He still has his strength and durability and other stats. Aside from that, there is Thor set in one of Hickman's avenger books that was using an alternate evil version of Thor's mjolnir because only the unworthy can lift it.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha, that's cool, only the unworthy can lift it. That's basically anyone then right...?

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bleep bloop bleep!

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is Thor but without mjolnir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He still has his usual powers, just no flight.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: What about weather manipulation can he still do that?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

@albusan: Without Mjolnir? Depends on the writer, but he's been able to summon rain, lightning bolts, and channel electricity around his fists even without having to grasp Mjolnir.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: Without Mjolnir? Depends on the writer, but he's been able to summon rain, lightning bolts, and channel electricity around his fists even without having to grasp Mjolnir.

So would you be surprised if unworthy Thor could do weather manipulation?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

@albusan: No. He has been able to do his weather powers without Mjolnir on a few occasions. But some writers think he should just strictly use Mjolnir to be able to do it.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: No. He has been able to do his weather powers without Mjolnir on a few occasions. But some writers think he should just strictly use Mjolnir to be able to do it.

So which writers are right and which writers are wrong? Are there more writers that think he should only have weather manipulation with his hammer? Who would Stan Lee and Jack Kirby side with?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 god_spawn  Moderator

@albusan: Considering how Lee and Kirby were with Thor back in the day, I see no reason Thor can't use his lightning powers without Mjolnir. He's done it currently a few times in Aaron's run without channeling it through Mjolnir or doing before he even had Mjolnir to begin with. I know he has flown on winds without Mjolnir, and even back in the day he was able to shoot lightning bolts from his hands. Thor is the god of thunder and lightning. I think he should be able to at least have some rudimentary control over the elements without needing Mjolnir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before Thor even was worthy of Mjolnir he made it rain fire on a planet that was no even earth, and without Mjolnir he was able to summon a huge storm to defeat Angela. Also in his fight with Malekith in the "Accursed" storyline he charged his fist with electricity before punching Malekith, without Mjolnir. This all happened recently and under Aaron's pen. So he should still be using these powers.I am interested to see him use them in his fight with female Thor. I wonder who will have more control, and who will win if the battle comes down a brawling typed of fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.