• 81 results
Avatar image for depressed_insomniac
Depressed_Insomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Share some unpopular opinions that you actually believe in, don't say something dumb just for the sake of it like:

"Quicksilver looks better in DOFP than in Avengers 2"

Mine:

• John Romita Jr is, in my opinion, a GREAT artist, his unique drawing style does not bother me one bit
  • I actually enjoy Superior Spider-man a lot. I really liked and found the idea of SpOck ruining Peter's life to be very interesting and wasn't explored enough to my taste, it could have added an extra element of tragedy that would have made the series even more interesting. So yes, it being a "disgrace" made me enjoy it.
  • I prefer Old Man Logan (my favorite Wolverine story) to The Dark Knight Returns
  • Also while I understand its influence on the genre and appreciate the story I only find The Dark Knight Returns to be okay but not GREAT. I appreciate more the concept and legacy behind the novel than the actual product.
  • I find reboots, multiverses, retcons to be very stupid and annoying (comic wise but also movie wise)
  • Scott Lobdell is underrated
  • Spider-man 2 is, in my opinion, the greatest marvel film (I didn't care for Spider-Man 3 that much, but the complaints about Tobey Mcguire being a cry-baby were disengenuous seeing how it fits Peter Parker)
  • Wolverine is a great character, however he is only effective in doses and is starting to get spread too thin
  • A LOT of X-Men are jerks, hypocrites, have sociopathic tendencies, have no ethics, etc. (especially Professor X)
  • I have not seen a Bryan Singer film that I didn't find boring, bland or mediocre (that includes Usual Suspects (which only gets praise for its twist ending and Kevin Spacey), Superman Returns, X-Men 1 and 2 or Jack and The Beanstalk)
  • For the sake of continuity and consistence, comics should avoid alternating between writers as much as possible.
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can beat spiderman in a random encounter. Tim drake is the best robin. Daredevil is better than Deadpool. Thor can beat superman majority.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depressed_insomniac: I completely agree with your thoughts on spiderman 2 and comics not changing writers that often

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Complete agreement about: Romita, Superior Spider-man TDKReturns... Iron Man should beat out Spider-man 2 RDJ > yawn fest tobey. reboots i like... retcons i do not. multiverse and time travel in DC and Marvel annoy me to no end. scott lobdell is so consistenly bashed i avoid him without ever reading a word of his work.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@jayc1324 said:

Batman can beat spiderman in a random encounter. Tim drake is the best robin. Daredevil is better than Deadpool. Thor can beat superman majority.

I actually agree with all of your statements.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I stopped reading at "Scott Lobdell is underrated." I'm gonna leave this thread before I rage.

Oh...and I'm pretty sure this has been done before.

Toastergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Toastergeist

TDKR, Spider-Man 2, and Watchmen are all pretty bad IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: finally. A guy who knows what he's talking about. :)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitrageist: Glad I wasn't crazy. Knew it had been done before.

Depressed_Insomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By longbowhunter

I liked seeing Ollie put an arrow in Prometheus's head at the end of Cry for Justice.

I enjoyed Punisher: War Zone

I like the idea of Spider-Man as a Fantastic Four member, but have never been comfortable with him as an Avenger.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@depressed_insomniacsaid:

"Quicksilver looks better in DOFP than in Avengers 2"

Thats a true statement.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

1. I don't like the X-Men, furthermore, I think they should be in their own universe that isn't in 616 Marvel, cause whenever they encounter other heroes, it ends badly.

2. The Dark Knight Rises was a great film and better than Batman Begins

3. The New 52 Batgirl title is better than Batwoman

4. The Blight arc going on in the Dark titles at DC is long and boring

5. Spider-Man is the most interesting and greatest hero in Marvel

6. Having said that, I like Ultimate Peter Parker more than 616.

7. The Ultimate universe should just end.

8. In a related note, DC should do an "Earth 2" series of books then have them crossover with the regular universe in a "Crisis"

9. Dick Grayson wasn't that great as Robin.

10. People take the "sexualization of women" too seriously in comics. Who cares if Starfire is scantily clad??

11. Hulk should never, EVER beat Thor

12. Lex Luthor needs to be bigger than he currently is in the New 52.

13. Every Marvel Studios movie, with the exception of Avengers and Iron Man has been completely mediocre. Hopefully Winter Soldier changes that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I agree with 2-5, 7-9, and 12 (although he's getting there with his inclusion in the Justice League).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JakeN7
I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

Dick grayson would make a much better batman than bruce

The avengers is an incredibly overrated movie

Tim drake is the most boring member of the bat-family by far

Iron man is marvel's most awesome character, screw you spider-man

Scott snyder is the greatest batman writer of all time

Nightwing looks better in red than blue

Agents of shield is a downright awful show

Cyclops is a painfully stupid and boring character, wolverine is the most interesting x-men

New 52 is pretty awesome

yes, tell me more about how you disagree with my opinion and how i am stupid, this isn't the unpopular comic opinions thread after all
yes, tell me more about how you disagree with my opinion and how i am stupid, this isn't the unpopular comic opinions thread after all

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is better than Black Panther

Tim Drake is the best Robin (Think someone already said that)

Damian Wayne shouldn't come back

The Dark Knight Trilogy sucked

Avengers sucked

Captain Atom is far too underrated and overshadowed by Superman

John Stewart is the best Green Lantern

Big Barda is better than Wonder Woman

Demon Knights should have never been cancelled

New 52 ruined a lot of characters

Taskmaster is a great character

Deadpool is annoying and a joke

I believe in Ben Affleck

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By LyraFay
  • Knightfall is one of the most wasted Batman storyline in history.
  • Arrow and the CW is ruining Green Arrow and Black Canary's good names in comics. They should have kept them animated until a good movie script came along.
  • Batman is plain better than Iron man period.
  • I want to see Marvel studios have at least a few flops to hurt their egos because they need one.
  • I think Warner Brothers have done some good things with DC characters in their long history of owning them.
  • No superhero should ever be on CW.
DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:
  • Knightfall is one of the most wasted Batman storyline in history.
  • Arrow and the CW is ruining Green Arrow and Black Canary's good names in comics. They should have kept them animated until a good movie script came along.
  • Batman is plain better than Iron man period.
  • I want to see Marvel studios have at least a few flops to hurt their egos because they need one.
  • I think Warner Brothers have done some good things with DC characters in their long history of owning them.
  • No superhero should ever be on CW.

What do you mean with that? I agree with everything though. ESPECIALLY Arrow. I like it but it's basically Batman with a bow and a dumb family to add pointless melodrama with really off acting at some points. Marvel will probably never flop because people will always go see their movies even if it's mediocre like Avengers *cough*

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22 JediXMan  Moderator
  • The Dark Knight Returns is only interesting as a piece of comic book history. Other than that, it isn't a very good story, and the art was horrendous.
  • Final Crisis was not bad. I would even say that it was very, very good, after numerous re-readings.
  • Y: The Last Man is overrated, but still a decent series.
  • Annihilation is the last good event Marvel has had (excluding some X-Men events)
  • James was more interesting as Cap than Steve.
  • The Dark Knight and Watchmen (Ultimate Cut) are better than any movie Marvel has put out.
  • Edward Norton > Mark Ruffalo.
  • V for Vendetta (the movie) sucks.
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

5. Spider-Man is the most interesting and greatest hero in Marvel

I don't think this is unpopular whatsoever. Along with Wolverine, Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular hero.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolverine008

In terms of the Superman vs Batman rivalry, Superman fans can be just as bad as Batman fanboys at times. It seems like any type of success that Batman has seems to bother them down to their bones, and they can come off as just bitter in general at times.

People whom complain about popular superheroes like Batman, Spider-Man, Superman Wolverine, etc. having 5+ solo books and being overexposed while lesser characters get shunned, but don't take the opportunities to support these good books while they are on shelves should just shut the hell up. Same goes with comic book movies and certain characters being used more than others.

Wolverine changing his stances in recent years is not a horrible idea in the context of things. Yes, he has been a loner throughout his entire life and superhero career, but it should be remembered that he's developed more as a person over the years and been okay with opening himself up with others. The Headmaster Logan character period has been poorly executed in general, but it's not the complete insult to the Wolverine character that some make it out to be.

Captain America: The First Avenger and TMNT 1990 are two of the best comic book movies and severely underrated.

The Dark Knight is overrated. I know it's a common complaint, but Heath Ledger essentially put that film on his back, and carried it all the way to the finish line. I'm cool with standout performances, but that was a bit much for despite how much I loved Heath as Joker. Batman Begins is the more well rounded and better movie in general. It also has the most character development for the characters of Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Nobody really seems to truly understand Batman. What I mean by this is that on comic book forums, people just seem to spit out generalizations and misconceptions when discussing Batman. Few people whom I witness talking about Batman seem to have actually read anything about him.

The X-Men are being poorly handled right now, but with some improvements by Marvel editorial, they can get back to being an incredible comic franchise again.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are an underrated comic property. Correctly handled, they can provide for deep and moving stories. IDW's current TMNT series is a testament to this.

Arrow should be incorporated into DC's movie universe.

The people whom go by the idea that indie comics are the only things that should be read instead of mainstream comics are just as bad as the people whom limit themselves only to Marvel and DC comics. You shouldn't llimit yourself on the basis of a logo or movement, just read good comics.

DC is not really handling their movie universe well.

The Question is DC's best hero.

Major comic book events themselves are not bad. It's the way Marvel and DC often handle them that makes them go sour. If handled correctly, yearly events can be an awesome part of the comic reading experience.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

• Frank Miller's Batman sucks, and had very little to do with making Batman Not an Adam West caricature,(though it did inspire some new writers
  • New52 is a brilliant idea, if you are unwilling to kill of characters with backstories thAT makes them 90~ and still a young billionaire playboys, you must reboot the whole universe.
  • even with New52 and Marvel relaunches a lot of characters still make no sense. they didn't go far enough, and STILL should have been killed off years ago... (Magneto is at least 89, Bruce Wayne's parents died at the opening of Mark of Zorro 1940s (or 1920s version) which would make him between 102 and 86 which is corroborated by the dated clothing, even in the movies Iron Man's father is from way too many decades ago, or iron man is too old to do what he does there sooo many more.
  • The Thing is the most annoying piece of drool ever in comics
  • I hated Batman Begins when it came out, TDK made it better, and TDKR made it even better... without these sequels Batman Begins still almost sucks
  • Nightwing in blue made me laugh (not in a good way),, nightwing in red made me read his comicbook
  • Iron Man is boring (not the movie the character....the movie was so good it made me want to buy some Iron Man comics, I regret that now)
  • Young Justice is grossly overrated (but I don't like watching teams of kids play dressup, never have)

I made sure to put only unpopular ideas up here, those who know me already know I have a few ideas that have wild and crazy opposition, but are actually VERY popular opinions, arguably more popular than the opposition but without the strong fanatic fanboy devotion yet because they are still new.....MOS is the best Movie ever, and Matt Fraction is an awful writer, especially for Hawkeye. both popular opinions and everytime I voice them they get more positive responses than negative, the negative however is usually repeated over and over again on each thread by solitary devotees. (yes I started counting)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#27  Edited By Outside_85

@darthaznable said:

That's not really unpopular opinions, it's just the truth :)

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

That's not really unpopular opinions, it's just the truth :)

Some praise it as being what DC needed or the best thing they've done. I say nay. Not many people paid much attention to demon knights

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@darthaznable: Thats just some people who I imagine jumped onto certain franchises with the reboot. Sadly DK just lacked the broad appeal to comic book readers.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight should NEVER be written off as merely a Batman clone. He's far too interesting of a character for that.

Spider-man 3 was awesome.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Hawkeye is better than Green Arrow :D

2. Agents of Shield isn't terrible, and actually quite entertaining.

3. Man of Steel was mediocre at best.

4. Nolan Batman were good movies, but terrible for Batman. (Grounded him too much unable to use more out there villains)

5. Avengers is the best comic book movie.

6. No matter what people say DC nor Marvel are really any better or worse than each other.

S_Knight360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My unpopular opinions are

1- Sinestro is the best villain in DC

2- Captain America is the best Avenger (in movies as well)

3- Iron man is an asshole (not in movies)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JakeN7

@feartheliving: I agree with 3-6. You're kidding yourself with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D though. :P

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MarcosVergara14
  • Barry Allen is better than Wally West
  • Agents of Shield is the worst part of the MCU alongside with Culson
  • Ultimate Nick Fury or Nick Fury Jr. doesn´t have a reason to exist in the 616 universe
  • Captain America is a boring character beacuse they allways treat him as "The man out of Time" even though in comic book time he has been roughly 20 years in the XXI century
  • Marvel screwed up over a lot of characters in the comics trying to mimic their characters in the movies
  • Scott Lobdell run in Red Hood and The Outlaws looks is gold compared to James Tynion IV
  • DC do evrything they can to benefit Batman an example of this is changing Manapul and Buccellato from the Flash to Detective Comics
  • The New 52 is a good concept
  • Marvel has too many Avengers Teams
  • People allways says that Fox and Sony should give the rights back to Marvel but their movies are better than any that Marvel Studios has done recently (except the Avengers)
  • The X Men are one of the greatest franchises in comic and they have been treated as s#it recently
  • One More Day and Slott where the real death of Spider-Man
  • Arrow is the best superheroe show followed by Smallville
  • A Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch without a conecction to Magneto or the mutants suck
  • Batman could never beat up Superman
  • Wally West in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited was just a mix of Barry and Bart
  • Fraction´s Hawkeye is mediocre at it´s best
  • Bendis should never write an X Men book ever again
  • X-Factor investigations is 10 times better than Marvel Now! X-Factor
  • Renumbering books every year to rise sales are one of the worst ideas in Marvel
  • Young Avengers vol.2 is one of the worst comic i ever read and Kieron Gillen sucked as it´s writer
  • Earth 2 and Green Arrow are the best books in DC right now
  • A Justice League Dark movie would be ASWOME
  • Keanu Reeves sucked as Constantine
  • I believe Ben Affleck will be good as Batman
  • Deadpool is realy overrated
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FearTheLiving

@jaken7: It is on the unpopular opinion list for a reason. :p

Jury still out on Hawkeye being better than Green Arrow?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: I don't know, that's just a plain tough one. I live in Seattle, and Green Arrow is my favorite ongoing from DC right now, so I'm going to have to give him the slight edge over Clint.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@feartheliving: I don't know, that's just a plain tough one. I live in Seattle, and Green Arrow is my favorite ongoing from DC right now, so I'm going to have to give him the slight edge over Clint.

I am disappointed.
I am disappointed.

aquaman98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Final Crisis is the best Comic-Book story ever.

- John Stewart is the Worst GL.

- The Green Lantern film isn't that bad.

- Justice League Origin is pretty darn awesome.

- The New 52 is pretty cool.

- Superior Spider-Man finally made Spider-Man interesting again.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#40  Edited By TheCannon
  • All-Star Superman sucked.
  • Superior Spider-Man is good.
  • The Dark Knight Rises & Batman Begins were better in The Dark Knight in every way.
  • The Amazing Spider-Man & Thor: The Dark World were both awful.
  • Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand, & X-Men Origins: Wolverine were all good films.
  • Marvel really needs to just end the Ultimate Universe and possibly reboot it.
  • Edward Norton is a better Bruce Banner than Mark Ruffalo.
  • Barry Allen is better than Wally West.
  • The Joker is an overrated villain and nowhere near the best villain in comics or even the best Batman villain.
  • Barbara Gordon is a horrible Batgirl
  • Squirrel Girl is one of the worst characters ever created.
  • Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch being in Avengers 2 is stupid.
  • They should have made a Ms. Marvel movie instead of a Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
  • The Guardians of the Galaxy trailer looks terrible.
  • The X-Men would be better in their own universe instead of the Marvel universe.
  • The Ant-Man move will fail (I'm not saying it won't be good, I'm saying it will fail at the box office)
  • X-23 > Wolverine
  • Thor would beat Superman in a fight.
  • The Killing Joke was a good story, but not as good as people say it is.
  • Arrow being connected to DC's movie universe is a stupid idea.
  • Damian Wayne is a horrible character.
  • Everyone should watch Batman & Robin (it's a terrible film, but it's still enjoyable because it's so bad)
  • Spider-Man being in an Avengers movie would be terrible.
  • Scott Snyder's Batman is not good.
  • Iron Man's current Black & Gold armor is the coolest looking armor he's ever had.
  • Making fun of Aquaman can be fun.
  • Karl Urban should have been cast as Batman (why does everyone I talk to not like this idea?)
JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon: Your opinions about All Star Superman and Damian Wayne make me more depressed than the first time I experienced ME3's ending...

...I'm actually half serious.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

@jaken7 said:

@thecannon: Your opinions about All Star Superman and Damian Wayne make me more depressed than the first time I experienced ME3's ending...

...I'm actually half serious.

Sorry about that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JakeN7

@thecannon: *shrugs* 'S okay.

All Star Superman is only my favorite comic of all time...and is what made me actually like Superman.

And I shed manly tears when Damian died, and he's up in my top 5 favorite characters.

Y'know...no big deal, it's whatever.

You definitely have very good unpopular opinions though! Lol.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

lets see how many jimmies can be rustled...

• The Walking Dead both comic and TV show gets too much praise. I've stopped reading/watching both on account of boring. Each arc feels like the same story just told differently and the character development isn't that great either. Invincible is far superior.
  • The Avengers (team) are completely boring. I prefer every character on his own more.
  • Superior Spider-Man is infinitely worse than OMD.
  • Continuity importance is completely overrated by fans and is mostly irrelevant to current stories. In fact it gets in the way a lot more than it helps.
  • Amazing Spider-Man (movies) are leaps and bounds better than the original trilogy, in large part thanks to much better lead actor/actress.
  • Iron Man 1 is the best MCU movie so far (**** YOU PEOPLE OVERSEAS WHO SAW WINTER SOLDIER ALL READY)
  • Comics in general are way to soap opera-ish with their relationships and frankly 99% of couples suck ass.
  • Vertigo historically is the best comic imprint by leaps and bounds. i've yet to read a single series that wasn't good and most are great.
Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man 1 is the best marvel movie

Agents of shield sucks balls

Batman's rogues are all just overrated crazies

Wonder Woman has a good rogues gallery

Pre crisis superman and Wonder Woman suck balls

Mad scientist lex sucks

John Stewart is a boring character

New 52 captain marv.........err, shazam! Sucks ass

The only mistake perez made was removing Steve as the Diana's live interest and making him an old ass man

Azzarello' run is the best since perez

The Diana Prince identity sucks balls

Guardians of the galaxy looks like pure scrotum fuzz

Luke cage is an awful character

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

"Independent " comics aren't any better than Marvel or DC. (Or any worse, they all have good and bad stuff.) But folks are slower to criticize an Indy comic for things they'd be all over Marvel and DC about. I've not heard one person call "Unity" a gimmick to get more sales. (My apologies if folks have said that, I've not seen it, but I can't read every single post.) but when Marvel or DC do AvX or Forever Evil..yeah, it's a gimmick.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By daredevil21134

Fraction's Hawkeye sucks

Waid's Daredevil sucks

Jessica Jones was better off with Scott Lang than Luke Cage. Luke and Jessica are boring

And comic reviewers on popular websites are biased and hardly ever tell the truth unless it's a mediocre comic that already had low expectations from the start.

That's all I have for now

Depressed_Insomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is at least top 5 superhero