Underused/ underrated doctor who villians.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who else agrees that modern doctor who has lacked in either returning great villians or using them poorly.

For instance the cybermen what was the thing that Davies decided to do when tasked to take the doctors arguably greatest foe into a new age. Well he decided upon making them human bland lumbering robotesq idiots. I mean they now lack that human aspect that was the entire point. Also making them humans from a parallel earth takes the inventive earths twin planet story another thing is that they lack a big lesson of the villian which is the idea that when put in the situation we would be like them, as we are the same biologically and in the way that we become crueler and heartless ( literally in this case) to survive if we have to. Which is understandable. But that is all gone in new who.

Another thing with the cybermen is that now they seem to be okay with no flesh and are like robots rather that that human like connection that is haunting from before. Plus they are not smart enough and their episodes all have felt flat.

The other thing is that they are even the poorly done ones underused as they have become a joke. I mean 4 daleks can't beat that many cybermen it's pathetic. And in a good man goes to war they are made to look like a easily beaten joke. They need to be taken to their roots.

Another villian like this is the ice warriors I mean it takes so many years to get them into modern who yet they instead change stuff that makes no improvement. I mean why do they have 3 fingers it is just a dumb change to a very beloved part of them. Also the slurring on the s's are not as big which takes the most iconic part from them away. Hell since the ice warrior (the original story with them) has missing episodes we have only audio so the slurring is all that remains at times. Also why take it out of the suit to make a crappy alien rip off. Also the cgi was terrible and it looked like a classic Silurian which makes no sence as they are on a cold planet which means they can't be lizards.

Season 7 part 2 failed with another 2nd doctor classic villian. So after 44 years the longest wait for a villian return we get a weak underused insult to a great villian the great intelligence. So yea as the 2nd doctors major foe in many ways the intelligence is important to early classic era who. I hate how 11 can't remember the intelligence other Than that the name rings a bell. Another thing is that the robotic yeti that the intelligence used in its only 2 episodes (the abdominal snowmen and web of fear) by the way they should have been the villian for the 50th as zygones are a single story okay alien while the yeti are infact the reason unit is around. You see in the web of fear we meet a suppose to be one shot soldier by the name if alistar Gordon lethbridge Stewart who by the end asks the UN about making unit.

A big thing I hate about modern intelligence is that he despite having recently fought 2, he never really talks about it which feeds into my big complaint. It never feels like it is there as a homage to troughton or to tell a good story for a classic villian return but just as a generic easily beaten villian. Oh and making it so 11 came up with the attack the underground idea is insulting to the intelligences well intelligence.

The Silurians who have been brought back in a great 2 parter were good but have not been used as a villian since season 5 and are not getting enough time as a enemy. Another thing is that in classic who they look very different. And yes I know they explained that this group is different but it was a lame way to not have to use a less real looking mask. Plus the idea before was that they had a third eye and looked more interesting and lizard like. The third eye is the thing I want back as it can control minds plus they have sea devils as cousins which has this debate on if they should breath and it is a good social commentary.

The Sontarans were actually going to be in season 5 for a 2 parter which introduced a now reacurring character, strax. I mean come on they apperence four times in classic who starting with the third doctor. So they need some love and only being solo/ important in their modern return 2 parter they have been deserving a return with a better plot. Hopefully including more about their time travel connections. Also they seem to be a joke in modern who even in their return.

Many people forget about the macra who are the second longest waiting villain to return at 40 years. They started in the 2nd doctors era and only got one episode. The thing is that they were very intelligent in their first episode yet ate just lumbering around in their return briefly in gridlock. So they should get a short single episode.

That is all I can think of. So who do you guys want more of.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By redleader1

Give a reason not just a name.