#1 Posted by lilben42 (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

Underrated TV shows or movies that were not recognized for its potential. I have a few...

- Falling Skies (Current TV)

- Revenge (Current TV)

- Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Movie)

#2 Edited by Daredevilnut (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally agree with Mission Impossible and I think Megamind is super underrated as well

#3 Edited by lilben42 (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevilnut: Yeah Megamind was great! I loved Men in Black 3 also.

I should've probably put this in Off Topic but oh well

#4 Posted by Akindoodle (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10315 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by NovaRichRider (344 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by lilben42 (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

@novarichrider: I don't know Despicable Me was pretty good. I'll just say they are even.

#8 Posted by GlassTrotter (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Tv show, probably Supernatural, Underrated as in more people should view it though.

Movie, Hellboy 2.

#9 Posted by judasnixon (8942 posts) - - Show Bio

Orphan Black

Ripper Street

Gravity Falls

#10 Posted by DigbyKong (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Copper

Maron

Defiance

#11 Edited by The Stegman (29589 posts) - - Show Bio

The Faculty is an underrated movie. Also "Super"

#12 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Community

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

Party Down.

Young Ones

Histories Mysteries

Louie

#14 Posted by judasnixon (8942 posts) - - Show Bio

Legit

#15 Posted by Night Thrasher (3807 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (41080 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd

#17 Edited by DigbyKong (306 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: You talking about the one with Karl Urban, not the Sylvester Stallone one, right?

#18 Posted by Farkam (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Millenium is terribly underrated. I have enjoyed it more than I did the X-Files.

#19 Edited by War Killer (20938 posts) - - Show Bio

Eureka (Syfy TV show)

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (48766 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT 1990 is grotesquely underrated. I honestly think it is one of the top ten best CBMs.

#21 Edited by Extremis (3581 posts) - - Show Bio

Underrated tv show: The Killing

Underrated movie: The Jacket

#22 Posted by jumpstart55 (2728 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Wolverine08 (48766 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (41080 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: You talking about the one with Karl Urban, not the Sylvester Stallone one, right?

Yea, Dredd not Judge Dredd

#25 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6488 posts) - - Show Bio

Underrated movie: Labyrinth staring David Bowie

Underrated TV Series:Pirates of Dark Water (premiered way back in the 1990s)

#26 Edited by Skyfire (823 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom Jane's Punisher was very underrated.

#27 Posted by GraniteSoldier (11540 posts) - - Show Bio

TV shows? I'd say Burn Notice is pretty underrated. At least among people I know.

#28 Posted by dondave (40129 posts) - - Show Bio

TV Show-Psyche

#29 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

movie: Dredd, looper, smokin aces, hot rod, MOON (one of best movies EVER!), observe & report,

tv shows: supernatural, batman beyond, nip/tuck, pinky and the brain, archer, spawn, american dad, harvey birdman attorney at law, rockos modern life

#30 Posted by judasnixon (8942 posts) - - Show Bio

Vice on HBO...... That show is sooooooo good!

#31 Posted by Veshark (9326 posts) - - Show Bio

Generation Kill - fantastic HBO miniseries about First Recon in OIF, made by the guys who did The Wire. It's seriously underrated, I actually enjoyed it more than Band of Brothers.

#32 Edited by RDClip (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

TV: Space: Above and Beyond - It was basically a prototype of Battlestar Galactica remake with mature themes, political intrigue in the midst of a terrible surprise war and flawed messed up characters all in a sci-fi backdrop.

Movie: Streets of Fire - A rock and roll fable. Motocyles, gunfights and Willem Dafoe all set to a rockin soundtrack. If that didn't convice you I have two words for you...SLEDGE-HAMMER DUEL.

#33 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

Orphan Black

Ripper Street

Gravity Falls

Yes. I love that show. I also believe Falling Skies, and the film We own the Night.

#34 Posted by War Killer (20938 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Edited by The Stegman (29589 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrested Development is VERY underrated, it should easily be as popular as The Office or Big Bang Theory.

#36 Posted by judasnixon (8942 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been watching season 3 of Luther and it's just so dark and chilling and great....... Here's the first episode of season 1 if anyone wants to check it out. If you like BBC's Sherlock you should give this series a try.

Loading Video...

#37 Posted by JetiiMitra (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

TV Show - Jericho. Has such a dedicated fanbase that it got brought back twice and made into a comic series, and still it seems nobody's heard of it.

Move - Not sure. One I think should definitely be more popular (in the U.S.) is The Wind that Shakes the Barley, but I don't think it's really underrated - just underexposed due to being a foreign film.

#38 Posted by TomoFukuoka (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd, Labyrinth, Gattaca, Darkman, Event Horizion, Hellboy

Jericho, the 100, Babylon-5, 4400, Defiance, Continuum, Almost Human, SAAB, Rick & Morty, Falling Skies

#39 Posted by black_wreath (2284 posts) - - Show Bio
  • The Cable Guy
  • Grave Encounters
  • Wyrmwood
  • Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
  • Dark City
  • The Strangers
  • The Road to El Dorado
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Perfect Blue
  • The Woodsman
  • Alien: Resurrection
  • Super Troopers
#40 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how much I like the word underrated. I mean, if you like something that most others didn't like - why does that make others underrated it? Why does it not make that you are overrating it yourself? But I will give the question a go by saying that Iron Man Three is one of my favourite underrated movies.

#41 Posted by silent_bomber (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

10th Kingdom

#42 Edited by Xrated48 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

For Movies Captain America the first avenger. For TV wayward pines its a mini series but it's crazy

#43 Posted by QuinnoftheStoneAge (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

TV shows: Peaky Blinders, Nathan Barley

Films: Napoleon Dynamite, Hot Rod, Submarine, Intermission

#44 Edited by pinecone (952 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread was made for me.

Movies i got only one: Beasts of the Southern Wild. It was nominated for best picture in 2013 and to this day i believe it's my favorite film since i've seen it.

TV

Green Lantern The Animated Series. Not only is it the best adaptation you could ask for a green lantern show but it also is extremely dark and mature in it's plot and subject matter. Hell at the end of the day this series is truly about a love story between an ex mass murderer and a newly birthed sentient A.I. So if that doesn't sound like the best concept for a tv show then i don't know what is.

Sym-Biotic Titan. From Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack) comes this short lived epic action series. Where Samurai jack was monster of the week this series is mostly sequential. It's about these 2 aliens and their robot companion coming to earth to escape a catastrophic civil war on their home planet. They infiltrate a high school while also having to battle these gigantic building size beasts that are sent to kill them. Like Green lantern it is extremely emotionally potent as well as having some of the best action in animation.

Kid Nation. If you like competition reality shows like survivor or masterchef then you should love this series. It's free on youtube since the series aired years ago but quality is sub-par so i recommend torrents (this goes for the previous 2 as well). It's pretty much Lord of the flies, They throw a bunch of kids of different ages in the middle on the desert in an abandoned town and separate them into teams. Challenges and events are par for the course but mostly it's about the community they build and the changes these kids go through that will stick with you. It also has my single favorite moment in a television series of all time.

Naked and Afraid. Throw 2 people of the opposite sex who believe themselves to be survival enthusiast and have the balls to go through an immensely tough and grueling survival challenge. They both arrive at a chosen location it could be anything from an island, desert, swamp, jungle. They only have a chosen survival tool each like a machete or flint and that's it. They need to survive 21 days then make a trek to their finish. To do that they need to work out the basics like fire, water, protein, shelter and each other. If you want the human condition at it's most real and intense then this show is a must. You will see true suffering but also true victory as each episode can be drastically different given the variables. This is ongoing and it's in it's fourth season right now.