#1 Edited by MasterAction (641 posts) - - Show Bio

The first was X-Men/Spider-Man by Christos Gage and Mario Alberti. Alberti is a name seldom seen in American comics but his art style is truly incredible here. It's amazing how he can turn such subtle and muted colours into dynamic fight scenes, and Gage is tasked with writing Spidey and the X-Men at different points of Marvel continuity which could end up convoluted but he really does a really great job. Well worth a read!

Next is Fantastic 4 World's Greatest by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch of Ultimates fame. Here Millar makes an easily confusable time travelling story into something simple and entertaining to follow and Hitch's art is blockbuster as usual. A must for F4 fans.

The final one is something I picked up today but haven't read yet. It's Spider-Woman Agent of S.W.O.R.D. written by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev, a team I hear work brilliantly together. Bendis arguably knows the Spider family better than anyone and Maleev has a really unique art style so I can't wait to read it. I picked it up for £5- I'm thinking amazing bargain!

#2 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Never heard of any of them. Which Spider-Woman is it in the Spider-Woman Agent of S.W.O.R.D.?

#3 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio
@MasterAction: You should check out Scarlet by Bendis and Maleev. It just started back up.....
#4 Posted by MasterAction (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@JSH92 said:

Never heard of any of them. Which Spider-Woman is it in the Spider-Woman Agent of S.W.O.R.D.?

Jessica Drew :) I believe the main premise of the story is her coming back to Earth after being imprisoned only to discover she is public enemy number one because Veranke impersonated her in Secret Invasion. No one trusts her, apart from a woman from S.W.O.R.D. who offers her a chance at redemption

#5 Posted by MasterAction (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@MasterAction: You should check out Scarlet by Bendis and Maleev. It just started back up.....

Yeah I've heard of that! If I like Spider-Woman I'll either pick up that or Bendis and Maleev's Daredevil run :)

#6 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterAction said:

@judasnixon said:

Yeah I've heard of that! If I like Spider-Woman I'll either pick up that or Bendis and Maleev's Daredevil run :)

Bendis and Maleev's Daredevil run is fantastic.

#7 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterAction said:

@JSH92 said:

Jessica Drew :) I believe the main premise of the story is her coming back to Earth after being imprisoned only to discover she is public enemy number one because Veranke impersonated her in Secret Invasion. No one trusts her, apart from a woman from S.W.O.R.D. who offers her a chance at redemption

Hmm, OK. Sounds interesting. I've read the Secret Invasion stuff, so it would be nice to read the aftermath relating to her.

#9 Posted by Owie (3741 posts) - - Show Bio
@MasterAction: I liked both the Spider-Man/X-men (and the Spider-Man/FF) series, and the Spider-Woman series by Bendis and Maleev.  They always work well together, although I ended up not staying around for their full run on Moon Knight.  Their Daredevil from years ago was fantastic.  Alberti and Maleev are definite favorite artists of mine, I wish Alberti did more American comics.