#1 Posted by Kingsford (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Who are some heroes that obviously have the potential to be great and become a household name but are shadowed by the Varsity characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hulk, Spiderman and Captain America? Who are some heroes that risk their lives like and deserve a place in everyone's heart?

#2 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle

Black Panther

The Atom

Beast

Nightcrawler (for sure)

Static

The list actually goes on and on. I'll be updating.

#3 Posted by Kingsford (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Booster Gold is HIGHLY underated. He's the leader of JLI and yet I didnt know he even existed until I randomly bought the comic. Blue Beetle is also a favorite of mine that I find very underated.

#4 Edited by The_Tree (8182 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Booster Gold
  • Black Panther
  • Hank Pym
  • Captain Marvel (Batson)
  • Vic Sage
  • Vision
  • Xombi
  • Nova
  • Starlord
  • Static
  • Moon Knight
  • Iron Fist
  • Red Tornado
  • Adam Strange
  • Hawkman
  • Green Arrow
#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman and Archangel

#6 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Well by the OP's A list status alot of heroes I love I think deserve that status, but I kinda like the fact that my favs "excluding Cap" are B listers. They may not have their own solo title or go in and out of one, but I love them for their showing in the books they are or were in.

As for the acctual statement I think Misty Knight should be upgraded from a high C to a B. She needs to be in a book as a major character consistantly and not fade in and out of the Marvel universe.

#7 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

(assuming this isn't just limited to MARVEL & DC) Aquaman, The Question, Wild Dog, Superpro, Moon Knight, Red Tornado, The Creeper, The Shield, The Fox, The Comet, Radar, The Phantom, The Shadow, Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, Springheel-Jack, The Owl, Zom the Zodiac, Mr. Justice, Ciclone, The Fly, Black Hood, Angel.

#8 Posted by crazey_spidey (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket racer... JK. But I actually thought Colussus and Rogue were kind of underrated. (As you can tell, in no way has just watching X-men the animated series recently affected my opinion.)

#9 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with a lot of these. I'll set the record straight -- The Atom, Hawkman, Doctor Strange, Nova, Black Panther and I can't think of any more.

#10 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingsford: buster gold may be new to you, but hes old news to us. hes not underrated, he is just right.

#11 Posted by crazey_spidey (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm 100% with you on Doctor Strange. But Nova... Nova....

#12 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter for sure.

#13 Posted by chino1330 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly paladin is pretty underrated

#14 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@chino1330: he is not a hero.

#15 Posted by RoboShark (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman

Resurrection Man

Haunt

Iron Fist

Moon Knight

Venom (Flash Thompson)

#16 Posted by mewmdude77 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast boy

moon Knight

Daredevil

static Shock

Night Crawler

Captain Marvel (Billy Batson, not the Marvel version.)

Dr. Strange

Martian Manhunter

Plastic man

Aquaman

#17 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

Martian Manhunter

Billy Batson

Moon Knight

Batwoman

Hellboy

Animal Man

All I got off the top of my head...

#18 Posted by chino1330 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: close enough he's the most heroic of the mercenaries

#19 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@chino1330: you have not read a lot of deadpool have you. plus paladin only does it for the money. 99.9% of the time. the other times he would lose his life he doesnt do the right thing. no heroism in trying to save your own skin.

#20 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

• Booster Gold
  • Black Panther
  • Hank Pym
  • Captain Marvel (Batson)
  • Vic Sage
  • Vision
  • Xombi
  • Nova
  • Starlord
  • Static
  • Moon Knight
  • Iron Fist
  • Red Tornado
  • Adam Strange
  • Hawkman
  • Green Arrow

Alot of what he said.

#21 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Metamorpho

Plastic Man

Captain Atom

Elongated Man

Black Lightning

Aquaman

Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)

Death-Defying Devil

The Thing

Savage Dragon

#22 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

black panther,wonder man, cloak & dagger, blue marvel, blade,vixen, (GL) john Stewart, (flash) wally west.

#23 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash Thompson and Firestorm.

But then again, even Wolverine was once a B lister. You never know when some good writer creates a good story that will change the destiny of the character for years and years.

#24 Posted by Charlemagne (6964 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mega_spidey01 said:

black panther,wonder man, cloak & dagger, blue marvel, blade,vixen, (GL) john Stewart, (flash) wally west.

You won this thread as far as I'm concerned.
#25 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

The Atom is definitely underrated

#26 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@crazey_spidey said:

I'm 100% with you on Doctor Strange. But Nova... Nova....

You say that because you've never read the cosmic universe stuff -- he is the essential "Superman" of the whole cosmic universe. That is why it is such a crime that they replaced him with a new character instead of bringing him back. -- Like all the other stuff, I blame Quesada. He ruined the Cosmic Universe in killing him. But he definitely could be at the top of the universe.

#27 Posted by Kingsford (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is pretty underated, though he used to do it for the money. and as popular as Aquaman is he does need to be on this list. Aquaman has his own title but isn't very sought after and he is left out in quite a few JL events.

#28 Posted by Replicant0658 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible

I didn't even know who the character was until recently and now I can honestly say this guy is AWESOME!!!

He is among the most powerful meta-humans on the planet, defied the agency that basically serves as the equivalent of SHIELD in his universe, has to deal with quelling his little brother's blood lust before it grows out of hand, AND has an insanely hot super hero girlfriend!

Not to mention he doesn't belong to either of the Big Two's (Marvel and DC), he's an Image guy, and you can't get more underrated than that!

#29 Posted by chino1330 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: not gonna lie i have not....i was going off of heroes for hire he seemed heroic but yea your right he does get paid

#30 Posted by Kingsford (45 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, who would you choose as the MOST underated hero you know?

#31 Posted by The_Tree (8182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Replicant0658 said:

Invincible

I didn't even know who the character was until recently and now I can honestly say this guy is AWESOME!!!

He is among the most powerful meta-humans on the planet, defied the agency that basically serves as the equivalent of SHIELD in his universe, has to deal with quelling his little brother's blood lust before it grows out of hand, AND has an insanely hot super hero girlfriend!

Not to mention he doesn't belong to either of the Big Two's (Marvel and DC), he's an Image guy, and you can't get more underrated than that!

I can't believe I even forgot about listing Invincible. As far as I'm concerned, you've won this thread.

#32 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

All C- and D- list characters and some b list characters.

#33 Posted by Kingsford (45 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds like DC or Marval needs to pick up Invicible, I think he could the attention he deserves with a bigger publisher.

#34 Posted by Replicant0658 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: hahaha well hey alright!!