Ultron's voice is fixed

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For all of you complaining that it sounded too human.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The jokes weren't fixed.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

The jokes weren't fixed.

Still, they're subjective.

And that's not the point of the thread. It's just for those complaining about his voice.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Incorrect. That's not where he used his lame human voice. That's later on in the movie

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Incorrect. That's not where he used his lame human voice. That's later on in the movie

So? You can still tell that the voice is different.

You're just mad coz Avengers AOU>BvS

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incorrect again. That scene lacked editing for several things, Ultron's voice included. IM's voice was unedited, there was no clanking sound when Ultron walked, etc...

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

That changes my point how? I knew he would use a robot voice, never in my wildest drug induced dreams did I think he'd be cracking jokes in that lame human voice though.

And yes, I'm as salty as those omelets Ultron makes

Loading Video...

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@saint_wildcard said:

That changes my point how? I knew he would use a robot voice, never in my wildest drug induced dreams did I think he'd be cracking jokes in that lame human voice though.

And yes, I'm as salty as those omelets Ultron makes

Loading Video...

You win the Lamest Joke Daily award.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard said:

Incorrect again. That scene lacked editing for several things, Ultron's voice included. IM's voice was unedited, there was no clanking sound when Ultron walked, etc...

Unedited? Proof? Movies are done filming and editing months before it's release. THey had footage of Ultron talking for months, why is the newer footage exempt from that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Ultron's mind was mimicked after Hank Pym originally, makes sense that this ultron is an evil reflection of tony. Plus, Whedon made it clear that Ultron was as insane as a bag of nuts, so I'm not really discouraged.

He's a crazy robot hell-bent on human destruction. I know that most people want him to be this stick-up-his-ass villain but we already got that with Malekith and Ronin, and it sucked. I don't find it particularly bad if Ultron has a personality. But whatever, to each his own I guess.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Unedited? Proof? Movies are done filming and editing months before it's release. THey had footage of Ultron talking for months, why is the newer footage exempt from that?

*sighs* Watch the clip again and take a deep look into it too see how lacking of SFX it is.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

@i_am_lightning said:

@saint_wildcard said:

*sighs* Watch the clip again and take a deep look into it too see how lacking of SFX it is.

Again

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Ultron's mind was mimicked after Hank Pym originally, makes sense that this ultron is an evil reflection of tony. Plus, Whedon made it clear that Ultron was as insane as a bag of nuts, so I'm not really discouraged.

He's a crazy robot hell-bent on human destruction. I know that most people want him to be this stick-up-his-ass villain but we already got that with Malekith and Ronin, and it sucked. I don't find it particularly bad if Ultron has a personality. But whatever, to each his own I guess.

That to me just sound like an excuse to make Ultron a fun character to sell toys with.

Ronan would have been fine if not for that dance off. There were more things wrong with Thor 2 than Malekith from what I hear anyway.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna see this on 23rd lets see if the voice has changed.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: check out my thread on why that was done. Whedon CAN NOT write anyone without his cheap snark crutch, so he used that lazy excuse as the reason for he changed Ultron into the wise cracking master.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

That to me just sound like an excuse to make Ultron a fun character to sell toys with.

Ronan would have been fine if not for that dance off. There were more things wrong with Thor 2 than Malekith from what I hear anyway.

Excuses or not, and whatever reason Whedon is doing this, I'm glad he is. I'm tired of boring mustache twirling villains. Loki may have got his ass handed to him by Hulk, but he was still far more interesting than any other marvel villain, aside from Wilson Fisk.

There were more things wrong with Thor TDW, but Malekith was one of the biggest issues.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: moustache twirlers? THAT would be more depth than what we've gotten from Marvel

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 SC  Moderator

What about the people who weren't complaining and said they were interested in the idea that Ultron's voice starts coarse and robotic and progressively evolves to sound more human and natural, because that demonstrates refined evolution and that in itself is creepy?

Oh wait, no never mind, I only care about villains that sound like blue whales remixed into Witchhouse dubstep voice filters. I don't even want to be able to hear or understand what they see, needs to be so deep that I can only feel vibrations. Age of Ultron? More like Age of Puberty? AmIright?

Anyway we will find out in a few days whether those clips lacked effects or not, don't see the need to argue. Also people have already seen the movie, haven't heard any reaction about Ultron's voice being upsetting or movie ruining, going to assume its not as distracting/awful as some claim it will be. Hell its Marvel, maybe Ultron isn't even Ultron, maybe he is just a human actor pretending to be Ultron…

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excuses or not, and whatever reason Whedon is doing this, I'm glad he is. I'm tired of boring mustache twirling villains. Loki may have got his ass handed to him by Hulk, but he was still far more interesting than any other marvel villain, aside from Wilson Fisk.

There were more things wrong with Thor TDW, but Malekith was one of the biggest issues.

C'est la vie. The voice honestly doesn't bug me that much, and the reasoning sounds solid (but I still think Whedon sold out). I just can't stand the one liners, good lord the one liners. They're both bad and overbearing. Black Widow has become my least favorite Avenger, throw in the fact that she doesn't do it for me, she doesn't even have being eye candy going for her.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#21 god_spawn  Moderator

@sc:

Anyway we will find out in a few days whether those clips lacked effects or not, don't see the need to argue. Also people have already seen the movie, haven't heard any reaction about Ultron's voice being upsetting or movie ruining, going to assume its not as distracting/awful as some claim it will be. Hell its Marvel, maybe Ultron isn't even Ultron, maybe he is just a human actor pretending to be Ultron…

Ultron is secretly Trevor controlling him behind a curtain ala Wizard of Oz style.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

C'est la vie. The voice honestly doesn't bug me that much, and the reasoning sounds solid (but I still think Whedon sold out). I just can't stand the one liners, good lord the one liners. They're both bad and overbearing. Black Widow has become my least favorite Avenger, throw in the fact that she doesn't do it for me, she doesn't even have being eye candy going for her.

It's just a Marvel trope man, but I get it, it's not for everyone. I personally don't mind one-liners, since it doesn't exactly interfere with the emotional scenes, if done right that is.(that's another problem with Thor 2)

I still like widow after TWS, hopefully she's the same here.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

What about the people who weren't complaining and said they were interested in the idea that Ultron's voice starts coarse and robotic and progressively evolves to sound more human and natural, because that demonstrates refined evolution and that in itself is creepy?

If that's the voice they wanted to sound creepy with, they missed the mark by about a mile.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SC  Moderator

@sc:

Ultron is secretly Trevor controlling him behind a curtain ala Wizard of Oz style.

Even more confusingly he did it for The Rock.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just a Marvel trope man, but I get it, it's not for everyone. I personally don't mind one-liners, since it doesn't exactly interfere with the emotional scenes, if done right that is.(that's another problem with Thor 2)

I still like widow after TWS, hopefully she's the same here.

One liners are fine, but it seems like every joke in Avengers was a one liner. TWS had good humor, GotG was probably the funniest Marvel movies (that dance off was horrible though), and Iron Man (one) was also really good. But one liners can get boring after using them too much. Whedon needs to learn that there is more types of jokes besides one liners.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#26  Edited By amazing_webhead

"Soundwave acknowledges"

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SC  Moderator

@saint_wildcard said:

@sc said:

If that's the voice they wanted to sound creepy with, they missed the mark by about a mile.

Peoples idea of what is creepy will always vary. Some people find dolls creepy, others don't, some people find skeletons creepy, others don't. Some people find mothers who breastfeed kids who are old enough to go to school creepy… well that one is just objectively creepy, no one can deny that.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Some people find omelettes creepy

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better. I expected them to fix the voice due to backlash.

Of course, the dialouge is still piss-poor.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

This is what happens when people have nigh perfect expectations for a movie :/

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@noone301994: Yes. @god_spawn: @sc: Excuse me dear mods. Can we lock this thread? Do we really need 12 different threads on Ultrons voice?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

@theacidskull: even false gods are better than omelets.

You can eat an omelet, you can't eat a false God.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

That had nothing to do with the clip released where the voice was being complained about. Still haven't seen anything to show that was fixed.

And I was more concerned with Ultron's horrible dialogue than the voice anyway. Did they fix that?

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once you said "It's Nightmare time!", there is no going back...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@saint_wildcard said:

Well said AcidSkull

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Australians be like: lol you mean today?