Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All new motives.

All new persona.

Great Speeches.

Great demeanor.

From what I've seen from the trailer, Ultron really has the potential to be the most interesting and menacing villain to grace a CBM.

Here's hoping they don't turn him into a joke.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

All new motives.

All new persona.

Great Speeches.

Great demeanor.

Here's hoping they don't turn him into a joke.

look at mandarin in iron man 2.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Very true. That's my fear. (Iron Man 3, not 2 btw)

Ultron has SO much potential... Please Marvel, for once, take your villain seriously. Loki was even a joke multiple times.

Ultron should be menacing and unforgiving... He's a robot!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I think every new villain has the opportunity to become the greatest, but based on Marvel's track record with villains, I wouldn't bet too much on that theory.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TysonCage

I want to think so too. I think with the first Avengers movie, Whedon had no choice but to set things up for the future, which is fine for the first movie of a trilogy to be just that, and not go into any depth. Loki never really impressed me that much, but he didn't start out in the MCU as a Whedon-written villain, so you can't compare. However, notice how Loki feels more menacing and thought-provoking in Avengers than when he was in Thor movies ("You were made to kneel/serve," "Can you wipe out that much red? Dreykov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?"). A solid plus for Whedon's writing there.

With Whedon's track record, I think making Ultron an interesting and relatable character is no difficult task. Really looking forward to the movie.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

I have high hopes for Ultron, unlike all of Marvel's other mediocre villains, he seems to be motivated by something other than ruling/destroying the planet/universe.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I have high hopes for Ultron, unlike all of Marvel's other mediocre villains, he seems to be motivated by something other than ruling/destroying the planet/universe.

Yeah I think they can do good stuff with him. I mean I think they did great with Loki and his basic motivation to be bad is because it's in his nature to do so.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah, I love that Ultron thinks he's doing good, trying to save the world, he's more...complex. As for Loki, I loved him in Thor, the "different " son who couldn't fight his nature, but not so much in Avengers, where he gets owned by EVERYONE.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@_mongul said:

@kyrees: Very true. That's my fear. (Iron Man 3, not 2 btw)

Ultron has SO much potential... Please Marvel, for once, take your villain seriously. Loki was even a joke multiple times.

Ultron should be menacing and unforgiving... He's a robot!

um... I prefer the term mechanical american

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Magneto (both Ian and Michael) are still #1 to me.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By righteous300

Bane and Zod hold that position for me but ultron could change that

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They f*cking screwed the Mandarin.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jmarshmallow
No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FearTheLiving

They f*cking screwed the Mandarin.

Well they sort of fixed it with the REAL Mandarin still being out there.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

@feartheliving: What do you mean?

The Hail To The King One-Shot points out that there is a very real Mandarin and he's very pissed Trevor was mascaraing as him.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@eyedcyou said:

I think every new villain has the opportunity to become the greatest, but based on Marvel's track record with villains, I wouldn't bet too much on that theory.

I want to think so too. I think with the first Avengers movie, Whedon had no choice but to set things up for the future, which is fine for the first movie of a trilogy to be just that, and not go into any depth. Loki never really impressed me that much, but he didn't start out in the MCU as a Whedon-written villain, so you can't compare. However, notice how Loki feels more menacing and thought-provoking in Avengers than when he was in Thor movies ("You were made to kneel/serve," "Can you wipe out that much red? Dreykov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?"). A solid plus for Whedon's writing there.

With Whedon's track record, I think making Ultron an interesting and relatable character is no difficult task. Really looking forward to the movie.

These

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never liked Ultron in comics and was disappointed +++ when I heard that it would be the main Villain in Avengers 2.

So my expectations are quite low.

(...still remembering IM3 failure...)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Every villain has the potential to be the best.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Heck, I think if Ultron is handled right, this will be a MCU show that'll leave comments on this board such as "Best CBM ever." "Best action scenes..." Like the hyperbole I hear from Marvel Zombies after almost every Marvel movie. This time, however, there might actually be some truth to it.

Editorial note: I like the MCU, they even did a great movie once (Iron man) and have some very, very good ones. But some of the over-the-top comments they get after opening day are ridiculous.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK Joker still has the title.. and will most likely still have it for awile.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chillxpill said:

Yeah, unless Spader pulls a Heath Ledger - which he won't - there's no way The Joker can ever be topped. At least not for another 10-20 years.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By legacy6364

Better than Michael Fassbender's "Magneto", and Heath Ledger's "Joker"?

I don't think so.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tysoncage: what kills himself? Because lets face it, TDK would not have got the amount of hype if he hadn't died.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno said:

what kills himself? Because lets face it, TDK would not have got the amount of hype if he hadn't died.

Exactly, which is something Spader won't be doing anytime soon, now would he?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Lvenger

I don't think so.

Perhaps Spader's Ultron might not match Ledger's Joker but I see no reason why Fassbender's Magneto is immune to Spader's take on Ultron.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@legacy6364 said:

I don't think so.

Perhaps Spader's Ultron might not match Ledger's Joker but I see no reason why Fassbender's Magneto is immune to Spader's take on Ultron.

This. If anything, shouldn't Ian McKellen's performance be the unbreakable one?

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tysoncage: who knows buddy! I doubt anyone thought Ledger was going to do that at the time! If Spader has a life trauma and a bad day on set?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Bezza

Marvel's had some good villains.....Green Goblin from Spiderman 1 and Doc Ock from number 2 were great....Ian McKellen Is a superb Magneto....I thought the Winter Soldier was great....

Here's hoping Ultron is up to scratch....

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Marvel's had some good villains.....Green Goblin from Spiderman 1 and Doc Ock from number 2 were great....Ian McKellen Is a superb Magneto....I thought the Winter Soldier was great....

Here's hoping Ultron is up to scratch....

They are more Fox and Sony villains right now. But Marvel had Obadiah Stane who is one of the best CBM villains ever and very underrated too.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Some comments on this thread, stop making it seem like the MCU doesn´t have good villains, yeah, it´s a hit or miss but they aren´t all bad.

There´s Loki, Iron Monger, Winter Soldier, Red Skull and Abomination, they were great in their movies.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

He does, but so does every villain. I really thought they were on to something special with the Mandarin, they really should have ran with BK as the Mandarin proper, I honestly think it could have been Joker level. The performance Kingsley gave beforethey pulled the stunt was honestly quite chilling. My anger at that had nothing to do with its lack of faithfulness to the comics, but because they actually had a stick of gold and decided to throw it out of the window. The real Mandarin will have to be mindblowingly, obscenely, melt your face off awesome, to rectify it, because that initial concept was f*cking amazing.

But from what we've seen so far everything seems great, topping the Joker is no mean feat though.

Also:

@thor_parker82 said:

Some comments on this thread, stop making it seem like the MCU doesn´t have good villains, yeah, it´s a hit or miss but they aren´t all bad.

There´s Loki, Iron Monger, Winter Soldier, Red Skull and Abomination, they were great in their movies.

Reading through this thread I thought the same thing, it's really only Ronan, the Mandarin and Malekith that have been subpar. I thought Whiplash was neither here nor there and the issues of IM2 were not due to that character.

Oh, and don't forget Alexander Pierce, he was great too in my opinion.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He does, but so does every villain. I really thought they were on to something special with the Mandarin, they really should have ran with BK as the Mandarin proper, I honestly think it could have been Joker level. The performance Kingsley gave beforethey pulled the stunt was honestly quite chilling. My anger at that had nothing to do with its lack of faithfulness to the comics, but because they actually had a stick of gold and decided to throw it out of the window. The real Mandarin will have to be mindblowingly, obscenely, melt your face off awesome, to rectify it, because that initial concept was f*cking amazing.

But from what we've seen so far everything seems great, topping the Joker is no mean feat though.

Also:

@thor_parker82 said:

Reading through this thread I thought the same thing, it's really only Ronan, the Mandarin and Malekith that have been subpar. I thought Whiplash was neither here nor there and the issues of IM2 were not due to that character.

Yeah, only Ronan, Mandarin and Malekith have been bad, the rest are pretty good.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39 JediXMan  Moderator

It's the usual AI / Robotics story.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK and Batman 89 jokers will be extremely hard to top, heath had one of the great performances in modern cinema.

also both magentos

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fil123

@jedixman said:

It's the usual AI / Robotics story.

this, humanity is humanity's worst enemy, must kill all humanity blah blah

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Just had another thought. I can't imagine a CG character ever becoming the greatest villain. It might be my preferences, but the best CBM characters will always be love actors.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had to wait for future DC Films to judge it... DC is good on handling Villain except for Parallax of course.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cloakx14

it will be hard for Ultron to beat the Joker and Zod's performance.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron is going to be GREATER than Ledger's Joker, I'm calling it now. DC fans are so mad right now...

fishinsoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, you can't really compare a robot to a maniacal clown.

Well, I agree I was pissed off about Mandarin, but it seems that they understood that it was a huge mistake, so I give them that. At least they got that. That's a shame, because Mandarin has always been my favorite Marvel villain.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why thank you! I try my best.

I have absolutely no idea why I'm labelled a villain. You're all puppets anyway, you want to save the world but you don't want it to change. But I realise the only way to save the world is by change. I have brought nothing but good, now stop labelling me as a "villain" damn it!

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fil123

Ultron is going to be GREATER than Ledger's Joker, I'm calling it now. DC fans are so mad right now...

im f afan of both, and i dont get it? mad? we are getting batman/superman 2 justice leagues written by an academy award winner, wonderwoman, aquaman, etc.. if anything DC fans should be the happiest right now.

heath ledger had one of the greatest performances in modern cinema it will be hard to top, especially by a classic AI and cgi character