Ultimate comics Imprint canceled.

Bucco3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bucco3

So ultimate comics spider man , ultimates and x-men will be canceled in November . I read ultimate comics spider-man he will have issues up till November and cataclysm a 3 issue mini series. He goes to 616 universe. The solicitations for Mighty Avengers #3 mention a surprising new hero called “Spider Hero.”

Is this miles ? I'm angry at marvel. Please comment.

Update this headline was on bleeding cool.All Ultimate Titles Cancelled In November And Replaced With Cataclysm… And Miles Morales Is Headed To The Marvel Universe

Avatar image for winterfreakinsoldier
WinterFreakinSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Overreaction on Bendis's part IMO.
He coulda just said they're not and get it over with.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This is so sad...A Universe that in the past showed to be an excellent alternative to mainstream continuity is now dissapearing. But IMO Marvel killed Ultimate Universe after Ultimatum.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is so sad...A Uinverse that in the past showed to be an excellent alternative to mainstream continuity is now dissapearing. But IMO Marvel killed Ultimate Universe after Ultimatum.

Ultimates 3 was the start of the end though.

Bucco3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if I can get my money back or get another series.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bucco3 said:

Does anyone know if I can get my money back or get another series.

You can always start buying other books any time you want.

Bucco3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DecoyElite
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know....the way Bendis talks in that it seems like it's not ending...possibly restarting again? or maybe just a break for Cataclysm

Bucco3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite: well I want to get something else if it gets canceled through marvel since I have 6 issues left.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bucco3: I'd email them or something to find out if you can switch books then.

Bucco3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite: yeah I think I will after my last few issues

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@danhimself: a restart wouldn't be bad. The way I'm reading it all signs point to end of the UU in cataclysm. I'm hoping now becuz I have really grown on Miles and with the UU in general. Not as much after Ultimatium but still a universe I don't wan to see destroyed just rebooted in some levels.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By danhimself

@humanrocket: that screenshot above makes it sound like it isn't cancelled....my guess is that it's another one of those "massive shakeups" where they start the books over at issue 1 to drum up sales since it seems like Ultimate Spider-man is the only one making the charts...or they're just pausing the titles for Cataclysm and picking up with the same numbering once the mini's are done

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And this my friends, is why I read DC.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah because they would never just end a line of comics and characters that hundreds of thousands of people care about

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah DC totally doesn't end universes and mess with history. Oh wait...

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supernategames said:

yeah because they would never just end a line of comics and characters that hundreds of thousands of people care about

Loading Video...

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@supernategames said:

Loading Video...

Whenever one company does something stupid, fanboys of the other like to say stuff like that. I don't get it

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

I really don't care, the Ultimate universe hasn't been good since Ultimatum. Have Galactus eat it already and be done with it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't care, the Ultimate universe hasn't been good since Ultimatum. Have Galactus eat it already and be done with it.

Spider-man and X-men have been nothing but great since Ultimatum

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

I haven't been impressed with X-Men..at all, and I've been waiting to read Spider-Man once more trades come out.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@the_stegman said:

I haven't been impressed with X-Men..at all, and I've been waiting to read Spider-Man once more trades come out.

X-men probably isn't for everyone...I've really enjoyed Spider-man...but then again I've really enjoyed Ultimate Spider-man since the beginning

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@danhimself said:

@the_stegman said:

@danhimself said:

@the_stegman said:

X-men probably isn't for everyone...I've really enjoyed Spider-man...but then again I've really enjoyed Ultimate Spider-man since the beginning

Ultimate Spider-Man is still currently my favorite Marvel series ever (obviously I'm talking before Ultimatum) I own ever hardcover deluxe edition, and I've been WAITING for the new series to release hardcover editions similar, but it's been a while, and I don't think they are gonna, so I may have to just buy the puny little collected editions.

As for X-Men, my friend forces them on me every time they come out, and the ongoing story just hasn't interested me at all, I understand that it's focusing more on characterization, but jeez, them setting up shop in a desert for issues on end can be a bit...dull.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't read ultimate. but what I have seen of miles he is okay, wont by his book but not bad. maybe he will be on a team I like.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@the_stegman said:

@danhimself said:

@the_stegman said:

Ultimate Spider-Man is still currently my favorite Marvel series ever (obviously I'm talking before Ultimatum) I own ever hardcover deluxe edition, and I've been WAITING for the new series to release hardcover editions similar, but it's been a while, and I don't think they are gonna, so I may have to just buy the puny little collected editions.

As for X-Men, my friend forces them on me every time they come out, and the ongoing story just hasn't interested me at all, I understand that it's focusing more on characterization, but jeez, them setting up shop in a desert for issues on end can be a bit...dull.

yeah I can definitely see your point with X-men

they're on issue 25 of Spider-man....I don't know if they should have hardcovers yet or not

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno since I don't read the book but aren't Miles's powers pretty much just superior to Peter's? Dunno how I feel about him coming to 616 and there being two spideys

Avatar image for kovandeontaemiller
KovanDeontaeMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: Two? I thought there were like three already.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

grace randulf is gonna be pissed

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PeppeyHare

Don't think so. Unless you mean Venom and Kaine which are very different characters. I'm not just the biggest fan of another spidey with all the same powers (+ a few more) being in the same universe as Pete.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By danhimself

@kovandeontaemiller said:

Don't think so. Unless you mean Venom and Kaine which are very different characters. I'm not just the biggest fan of another spidey with all the same powers (+ a few more) being in the same universe as Pete.

I don't see why that's a problem....Kaine is pretty much a better powered Peter right now...Venom has everything minus the spider sense...plus the last MVP clone is still out there somewhere most likely still using the Iron Spider armor which pretty much mirrors Peter's powers....then there's Spider-girl who still has spider powers after Spider-Island....then if they're actually telling the truth this time they're bringing Ben Reilly back in the next issue of Scarlet Spider....THEN Jackal just said in the last issue of Scarlet Spider that he's making a Spidercide 2.0

what I'm saying is that it's not about the powers but it's more about the characters...if Miles is coming to the 616 then I can almost guarantee that if Bendis is still going to be writing the character then it's going to be about his interactions with other characters and dealing with the differences between the two universes...I kind of look forward to him moving over

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By w0nd

@perethorn said:

This is so sad...A Universe that in the past showed to be an excellent alternative to mainstream continuity is now dissapearing. But IMO Marvel killed Ultimate Universe after Ultimatum.

what? I thought that post said he doesn't agree with or deny, and rumor sites should not be trusted.......I remember when Marvel Now came out and people were going on how it's going to be their answer to the new 52 and how this and this and this will be rebooted and............ nothing happened to the 616 universe, the title just changed pretty much no origins stories rewritten and so on. people need to calm their tits and just wait and see. Some may say bendis reply is a little bit ridiculous and rude but I think it is suitable in situations like this.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@the_stegman said:

@danhimself said:

@the_stegman said:

just so happens that I was looking online for Ultimate Spider-man hardcovers and I remembered this....I don't know if there's a difference between regular hardcovers and the deluxe but they do have Ultimate Spider-man (with Miles) hardcovers on Amazon...4 volumes by the looks of it

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. I love the Ultimate Universe, but as of late, it's been starting to suck. Unless they can relaunch for a (fourth? fifth?) time with the proper talent, I'd say better to put her down.

@supernategames said:

BUUUURRRRNNNNNNN.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Damn.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I know is that they better not cancel UCSM. That will anger me to no end. That is one of their best titles, as well as one of their best characters in recent years.

To stick him in a comic with someone else, and not have a solo, lead book would piss me off. S'all I'm sayin'.