Uhm Why has Green Lantern been so awesome lately?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I think Green Lantern is one of the underrated books of the new 52. Its been great since launch.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By batmannflash

Lately?

I think Green Lantern has been awesome since Geoff Johns started his run even before the New 52. But yeah, I agree. The New 52 book is great. Geoff Johns did a great job concluding and Lights Out was a cool story

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lately?

I think Green Lantern has been awesome since Geoff Johns started his run even before the New 52. But yeah, I agree. The New 52 book is great. Geoff Johns did a great job concluding and Lights Out was a cool story

even after geoff its been awesome though. Robert venditti is killing it so far. and Lightsout was an awesome event imo

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

In my not so humble opinion, the GL universe has been the best stuff DC has been putting out for at least a decade. Geoff has done great things, and even after his departure, it's still great, Lights Out has been shining bright.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: yup isn't that what I just said? :P I loved Lights Out. I wonder what Venditti is going to do next!

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Because Venditti is proving himself to be one of the best writers of our generation. I love the guy and all his books (Green Lantern & X-O Manowar). I actually got 2 books signed by him during NYCC after the Lights Out panel; he was really nice & excited that I was reading X-O Manowar too. Getting back on track, I'm really excited to see what will happen in GL, since he basically changed everything with the last issue.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: yup isn't that what I just said? :P I loved Lights Out. I wonder what Venditti is going to do next!

i only wish Sean Chen was still on art but now that you guys mention it youre right. GL has been consistently good for years before and after the new 52. i wonder why it doesnt get more press.....and im sick of everyone calling Hal a douche. he's awesome

Avatar image for cyclonus_the_warrior
Cyclonus_The_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 463

I agree that it has been awesome, in fact, it had been one of my favorite comics for awhile. But underrated? I kind of doubt that since so many people have been following it so hard. If I would say anything in the New 52 is underrated then it would be I, Vampire and Aquaman. And for the record, I hate vampires.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@sog7dc said:

@batmannflash said:

i only wish Sean Chen was still on art but now that you guys mention it youre right. GL has been consistently good for years before and after the new 52. i wonder why it doesnt get more press.....and im sick of everyone calling Hal a douche. he's awesome

Hal kinda is a douche though lol. Doesn't make him any less cool though

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@batmannflash said:

Hal kinda is a douche though lol. Doesn't make him any less cool though

lol maybe my love blinds me. i think he's aweseome. Carols a bitch btw lol i hate her these past few issues

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I love Hal Jordan but he's a douche sometimes. But he's an awesome douche. I have no idea where these scans are from but they are really funny haha.

And if you include Hal in Justice League: Origins (New 52), then yeah, he's a douche. He's really arrogant and thinks he can handle everything. But that also means that he's confident and has a great willpower.

He's still awesome lol.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I love Hal Jordan but he's a douche sometimes. But he's an awesome douche. I have no idea where these scans are from but they are really funny haha.

And if you include Hal in Justice League: Origins (New 52), then yeah, he's a douche. He's really arrogant and thinks he can handle everything. But that also means that he's confident and has a great willpower.

He's still awesome lol.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

that second one is hilarious lmao

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I know haha it cracks me up every time

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#14  Edited By Extremis

@sog7dc: epic conclusion to johns' run and V-Ditti. Not to mention great art seems to be a staple for this book.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SOG7dc

@extremis: issue 20 was probably the best single issue i have ever had the pleasure of reading. i have not read anything pre-52 except for rebirth though....and passing the torch.....

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batmannflash

@sog7dc: Yeah issue 20 was simply amazing. It was so epic and my love for Sinestro grew exponentially.

Read the Pre-52 stuff! Blackest Night, Sinestro Corps War, Rage of the Red Lanterns, Agent Orange, GL: Origin, and so on! Seriously Geoff Johns did revolutionary things during his GL run.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: you should definitely read the rest of Johns' run. You haven't even read his best story yet - Sinestro Corps War! And Secret Origin is a personal favorite. Ivan Reis and Geoff Johns work magic in that story arc.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Yeah issue 20 was simply amazing. It was so epic and my love for Sinestro grew exponentially.

Read the Pre-52 stuff! Blackest Night, Sinestro Corps War, Rage of the Red Lanterns, Agent Orange, GL: Origin, and so on! Seriously Geoff Johns did revolutionary things during his GL run.

@extremis said:

@sog7dc: you should definitely read the rest of Johns' run. You haven't even read his best story yet - Sinestro Corps War! And Secret Origin is a personal favorite. Ivan Reis and Geoff Johns work magic in that story arc.

i want to but...money lol

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: For me, it goes like this:

1. Wrath of the First Lantern

2. Rage of the Red Lanterns

3. Secret Origin

4. Blackest Night

5. Rise of the Third Army

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: yeah man I feel your pain. Always my biggest villain too. But... Keep it on your to buy list I guess ;)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@sog7dc: yeah man I feel your pain. Always my biggest villain too. But... Keep it on your to buy list I guess ;)

thats a big list lol

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Extremis

@sog7dc: well Sinestro Corps War should be it if you have To pick just one.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have yet to read enough Green Lantern to make a conclusion, but I don't think Hal is really a douche like everyone says. He can be kinda mean and brash when it comes to making decisions, but I never seen him being a real jerk so far.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kidchipotle

I personally have liked GL since the inclusion of Kyle Rayner. But Johns definitely both reignited and sparked many peoples love in the GL mythos.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By dondave

Lights Out did not impress me at all. Larfleeze has been a better book than the entire event.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Very devoted creators I guess