Uh oh! Marvels counter attack on FOX is... Inhumans!

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

Well we can't say we didn't see this coming. The Inhumans are gonna phase out the X-Men. Marvels already told us this was gonna be the case but we acted like we couldn't hear them. After AoS last nights reveal...well...lets just say, "the age of miracles are upon us!"

The Inhumans will beat out the X-Men. Go back to when MS first got started. Every one said they would fail without Spidey,FF, Wolverine and the X-Men. Now IM and the Avengers destroy everything in the B.O. including them. My point, the Inhumans will more than likely become another huge success story for Marvel and stomp the X-Men in the process.

Its just about certain that QS, the former mutant will be Inhuman now. I figure Skyes just the first. Inhumans are bout to start popping up all over the MCU leading right in to Marvels new X-Men the Inhumans movie in 2018. I'm expecting Vin Diesels Black Bolt to make a suprise cameo in 2016 since he himself said he would play another Marvel hero in addition to Groot in 2016.

Steps to Inhumans being the new X-Men.

#1. TWS. "Age of miracles are upon us" comment.

#2. Marvel saying it.

#3. Inhumans movie announcement.

#4 Skyes reveal.

The real question is.. how is this gonna effect FOXs X-Men. I'm thinking the Inhumans being apart of the MCU alone will cause the GA to look down on FOXs X-Men.

So what do u think? Will be the thing to shut down FOX and lead to Marvel getting the X rights back?

Lets hear it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't say how the general audience can look down on the X-Men. When the general audience probably doesn't know what the hell an Inhuman is.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_: the general audience didnt know who the GotG were neither and they beat the X-Mens highest grossing movie. the difference here will be the Inhumans are direct competion even having two of its members QS and SW.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4 god_spawn  Moderator

By the time the actual Inhumans movie comes out, X-Men films will have been out for nearly 20 years with plenty of followers as far as the movies go. The Inhumans will in no way shut out Fox and X-Men by being the Inhumans. The only way the Inhumans are any threat is because of the Marvel Studios label.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Unless there is an inhuman counter to Wolverine, specifically Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Inhumans will never touch the X-Men.

The main Inhuman character is someone who can't even speak for crying out loud. Lets wait and see if that is anything but a disaster before we start anointing crowns. (not that I'm surprised by the notion given the op who is only capable making one type of thread)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think Marvel just needed a reason for more heroes to start emerging since Fox won't even allow them to use the word mutant. Fox are the dicks in this scenario but if it gets Black Bolt and the rest in a movie I'm all for it cause Black Bolt >>>>>Wolverine.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@fallschirmjager: I agree with Wolverine being the only real loss to Marvel here. Wolverine is awesome. But him alone is simply not enough to counter the Inhumans. look at the gross from his last solo outing. 400mil ww. Every MSs film including Antman will top that at the B.O. Most of phase one and all of phase two and three will beat his movies at the B.O.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@69ball-z-deep said:

@fallschirmjager: I agree with Wolverine being the only real loss to Marvel here. Wolverine is awesome. But him alone is simply not enough to counter the Inhumans. look at the gross from his last solo outing. 400mil ww. Every MSs film including Antman will top that at the B.O. Most of phase one and all of phase two and three will beat his movies at the B.O.

None of that means anything. Wolverine made 400m on his own after his last film was pretty bad. When the MCU can make a solo Black Bolt film after one of their films failing then you can make that comparison.

Wolverine has stood the test of time. Huge Jackman has been loved by people for an entire generation. Inhumans haven't.

Fox isn't worried in the slightest.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Be less predictable

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Well Marvel still has Mutantes or something like that

4 Nuhumans are like Fantastic Four.

Inhumans are a bit like Space X-Men

But i dont want Marvel giving a special treatment Inhumans if movies are big sucess over X-Men Tittles.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: @god_spawn: I dont see Wolverine having what it takes to sustaine theX-Men. His new movie barely kept up with phase one. And got beat by most.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@fallschirmjager: to me FOX is in the same position as DC. their entire success depends on one character. Wolverine. For DC its Batman. None of Foxs other cbm properties even matter. FF, Silver Surfer, X-Men and the up coming Gambit all fail without Wolverine. FF has basically already failed. SS has never been profitable. Take away Wolverines presences in the X-Men movies and his solo outings and that whole franchise goes to pot. In DC its Batman. Pull him and their done. I dont think these two characters tho great can sustaine them against an entire successful cbm universe.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Although I doubt it'll effect X-Men's popularity, I must ask: who cares?

Popularity ebbs and grows for all things. Stick to what you like, who cares what others like?

It like saying I can't enjoy a character unless it's super popular.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does a films success hinge on how popular a franchise is??? Why do people think this narrowly? The Avengers out grossed every Batman and Superman movie ever but at the end of the day, Batman and Superman are still Batman and Superman......and the Avengers are still not as popular. The Inhumans will never "crush" the X-Men.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I do think Marvel will slow them down enough to eventually get the rights. The X-Men will always be around tho. The Inhumans will be perfect to steal the X-Mens thunder. Marvels gonna make the Inhumans the way X-Men should have been done a long time ago.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle

@69ball-z-deep: Unlikely. Marvel can't even do Thor correctly, I really wouldn't have much faith with them doing an X-Men film.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Malonius

The core concept of the X-Men is nearly perfect. A single, sci-fi based origin story for every single super power and a minority rights/outcast/underdog metaphor that will always be appealing. They don't need the other 4 corners of the Marvel Universe to have their own awesome universe to play in. Do we realize they haven't done anything with the Shi'ar yet at all?

This is not to say I like having the Marvel Cinematic Universe dismembered. It is a much more enriched universe when the 5 corners of the Marvel Universe are interwoven:

1. Government/Espionage (Avengers, SHIELD, etc.)
  2. Mutants (X-Men, etc.)
  3. Sci-fi (Fantastic Four, Inhumans, GOTG, etc.)
  4. Magic/Fantasy (Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Asgard, etc.)
  5. Vigilantes/Street (Spider-man, Punisher, Daredevil, Runaways, etc)
69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 69ball-z-deep
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

The Inhumans are not, and will never be, more popular than the X-Men. The general, non-comic reading audience has never heard of the Inhumans in any way. On the other hand, the average viewer has probably heard of Wolverine at the very least. Audience recognition is already established. The only reason it is a competitor is because Marvel is putting it out. Aside from that, it's not very good competition. If anything, the Avengers are Marvel's answer to the X-Men by being a comic book team.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! X-Men are nothing to the Avengers. They will never even get past Gaudians. Inhumans will reach heights the X-Girls wont ever see.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! X-Men are nothing to the Avengers. They will never even get past Gaudians. Inhumans will reach heights the X-Girls wont ever see.

'Kay.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I before Nerghboringnnolanhater gets here.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@69ball-z-deep: The Man of Steel was a good film, V for Vendetta (Vertigo imprint) and Watchman was DC also. Pull Batman and its lacking not dead.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Try harder.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@69ball-z-deep: Man of Steel was the newest. With the Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman & Justice League all slated for release. No one can say its dead. its only just started.

I know V for Vendetta & Watchmen were a few years ago but in regards of quality not many films are better than V for Vendetta (I mean in general not comic book movies)