TV Flash Nerfed?

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Malonius

Do people think they'll let Barry tap into the Speed Force at comic book levels as he gains experience or do you think they'll keep him at bullet-time level speeds?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Black_Arrow

He will get faster not at Comic book speeds.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Obviously, as there's only been two episodes, than yes he does time to improve.

Plus they nerf al lot of the powerhouses on t.v. Look at Wonder Woman and Superman in the animated media. In JL/JLU Wonder Woman was slow as heck, and Superman failed to impress me honestly.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Every hero on TV or in Movies is nerfed... Except Quicksilver... He was stronger in DoFP than in the comics.

RadioStar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RadioStar_

To be fair he Barry just started being Flash and he also had that one feat of moving around Iris West so fast it looked like time was frozen.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Every hero on TV or in Movies is nerfed... Except Quicksilver... He was stronger in DoFP than in the comics.

still not that much of a feat being faster then his comic counter part.......comic quicksilver is not very fast

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they could unleash Barry at some point. Maybe introduce Max Mercury to teach him that the Speed Force isn't about running with his muscles, Barry just has to open his mind to the possibility.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Claymore1998

I don’t think power level is really going to even be a consideration for the writers. The show is pretty good, at least me to, I don’t think making Barry a whole lot faster and more powerful would really change much, plus, they might need extra expenses just to accommodate the special effects.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've only just introduced him. He'll get faster, probably not to insane comic speeds though

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

I'd say he's at a good level now, he had an entire conversation while making Iris seem frozen by comparison.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he got to Comic speeds, we literally wouldn't be able to see him and the entire season would end under 15 seconds, and that's assuming that he stops to get a doughnut or something.

And also these:

Obviously, as there's only been two episodes, than yes he does time to improve.

Plus they nerf al lot of the powerhouses on t.v. Look at Wonder Woman and Superman in the animated media. In JL/JLU Wonder Woman was slow as heck, and Superman failed to impress me honestly.

@eyedcyou said:

Jmarshmallow

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the TV show, I want him to be able to run through solid objects and run up walls.

In the upcoming movies, I want him to be so fast that Superman can't hit him even with heat vision.

Is that too much to ask?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malonius:

Is that too much to ask?

I'll take a guess.

I want him to be able to run through solid objects

He'll do it, but like in one of the later episodes. And he'll never utilize it like he should.

and run up walls.

Yeah he'll probably do that a lot.

In the upcoming movies, I want him to be so fast that Superman can't hit him even with heat vision.

That's probably too much to ask lol. Or even if that's not, I doubt that they'll make Flash his obvious superior speed-wise. They'll probably make them like really close equals, which is ridiculous.

Jmarshmallow

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

I think there's been some solid hints that they're going to do some kind of time travel on the show so hopefully they'll be willing to cut loose in other ways. It's always the challenge of giving him challenging villains once he can go faster than the speed of thought!

For the movie, he's got to be faster (and with trippy Speed Force powers) than Superman or he's pointless, right?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DarthAznable

Every tv hero is weaker than their comic counterpart.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malonius: There's really no winning with Flash lol.

If you just make him "kinda" fast, then he's basically pointless because there's Superman.

If you put him at full-power, then he makes basically every other superhero useless lol.

I'm not sure if they'll be able to find that medium...

Jmarshmallow

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malonius: there's a fine point on selling movie versions of comic characters to the average movie goer and making him pointless or overpowered isn't really going to fly to those people.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: @jmarshmallow:

For the movies they've nerfed Superman down to rocket (?) speeds, so they can make Flash faster without making him able to run faster than time...which would make everyone else useless. Now that I think about it, they might be doing the JLU power levels for the movies.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malonius: rocket speeds is supersonic and the latest superman movie showed zod and kal leave the earth's atmosphere in a few seconds. if flash is any faster than that, movie goers would be viewing him as overpowered because it becomes closer to light speed.

if there were more observant movie fans, then they would be expecting flash to be faster than light considering in superman returns, superman achieved light speed.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

They've only just introduced him. He'll get faster, probably not to insane comic speeds though

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hell get much faster.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@eyedcyou said:

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been two episodes. Chiiiiiiill.

He's already casually avoiding gunfire, can move fast enough to carry a conversation with himself before anyone else in the room notices, and move them long distances before they know.

Of anything he should work on his fighting technique.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Mrnoital

he's already got a lot better

first episode he was almost killed by a gun, in the second he speeds up and dodges them no problem

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well like they said it was him doubting himself the reason he isn't powerful yet, for example against multiple man he was fighting with peak human speed at points but when he saved the cop and the sugar incident it showed he can use his speed effectively, Im glad they have him kinda bad at the beginning beacuse how well would you do if one day you woke up from coma and had a power, it would take months even years to master. It will come good, btw I'm loving the series so far it's early days but I think they've learned from arrow beacuse arrow season 1 was very hit and miss but season 2 and 3 of arrow so far been perfect, I just wished they were gonna be used for movie version beacuse I feel arrow actor can't rembee his name lol has really got into the role and you can see he cares about the chracter,

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@blackwind: yeah he needs to know how to fight and not get his a** whoop.