Trying to cut down on my pull list, recommendations/Advice?

saiyanzzrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By saiyanzzrage

Hey Everyone,

Once Batman Inc and Captain Marvel come out, my pull list will consist of 24 books plus a few minis. I have been dropping/adding as I have gone along (mostly DC, but I am 100 percent a marvel/X-men fanboy)

In a perfect world, I would like to get that list down to as close to 20 as possible for a few reasons...what would you cut and why?

Marvel

• Uncanny X-Men
  • X-Men
  • Wolverine and the X-Men
  • X-Men Legacy - DROPPED 5/1/12
  • Uncanny X-Force
  • Avengers
  • Secret Avengers
  • New Avengers
  • Mighty Thor
  • Journey Into Mystery
  • Amazing Spider-Man
  • Avenging Spider-Man
  • Incredible Hulk
  • Hulk
  • Fantastic Four
  • Wolverine
  • Captain Marvel

DC

• Wonder Woman
  • Batman
  • Batman and Robin
  • Batman Incorporated
  • Green Lantern
  • Green Lantern Corps - DROPPED 5/1/12

• Saga

What do you guys think? And thanks in advance for the replies!

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

I personally would remove: legacy, glc, avenging spider, secret a, new a, and would decide between one of the two hulk titles.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By damswedon

I just dropped X-Men Legacy and I'm thinking of dropping Wolverine and the X-Men for the simple fact that I think the writing in them is wildly inconsistent. Legacy varies from good to bad but really needs to stop focusing on Rogue for five seconds. I feel like Wolverine and the X-Men needs to cut its main cast down to like four students, and then be a forty page book, just so it can focus on the characters more. You know, something more than the fact that Quentin Quire is a douchebag. Oh and Chris Bachalo is bad at page layouts and someone needs to show how to fill a god damned page.

saiyanzzrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By saiyanzzrage

Thanks for the replies, all 

The titles I am on the fence over, and are considering dropping are: 
Incredible Hulk (only thing keeping me from not dropping it is I love hulk smash, even though there hasnt been any) 
GLC 
Avenging Spider Man 
X-Men 
X-Men Legacy 
Batman Inc (I dropped Action because I didnt like it at all, and was shocked because Morrison was writing it)  
Journey Into Mystery 
Saga - was originally planning on waiting for trade but have picked up the first 2 issues because of all the buzz surrounding it and its brian k vaughn and i loved y the last man 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By John Valentine

These would be the titles I'd pick up from your pull list:

Marvel

• Uncanny X-Men
  • Wolverine and the X-Men
  • Uncanny X-Force
  • Avengers
  • Secret Avengers
  • Mighty Thor
  • Amazing Spider-Man
  • Hulk
  • Fantastic Four
  • Wolverine
  • Captain Marvel (New Carol Danvers Book?)

DC

• Wonder Woman
  • Batman
  • Batman and Robin
  • Batman Incorporated
  • Green Lantern

• Saga
saiyanzzrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By saiyanzzrage

@damswedon said:

I just dropped X-Men Legacy and I'm thinking of dropping Wolverine and the X-Men for the simple fact that I think the writing in them is wildly inconsistent. Legacy varies from good to bad but really needs to stop focusing on Rogue for five seconds. I feel like Wolverine and the X-Men needs to cut its main cast down to like four students, and then be a forty page book, just so it can focus on the characters more. You know, something more than the fact that Quentin Quire is a douchebag. Oh and Chris Bachalo is bad at page layouts and someone needs to show how to fill a god damned page.

I dropped Legacy and GLC so far, ive been on the fence about them, and they arent really doing anything for me. Wolverine and the X-men I like alot, so thats staying

saiyanzzrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By saiyanzzrage

@Kallarkz said:

I personally would remove: legacy, glc, avenging spider, secret a, new a, and would decide between one of the two hulk titles.

I am on the fence about avenging...i like the book, but do i really need 2 spidey books?

Also, question about Batman Inc, since its a continuation of the first volume, which i didnt read, will i be lost?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#8  Edited By time1

I would drop Uncanny X-Men. I mean read the Avengers Vs X-Men story arc and see if the series gets better and if it hasn't, drop it. Uncanny X-Men has suck for about 5 years now. I don't see it improving.

saiyanzzrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By saiyanzzrage

Is batman inc an ongoing series? or is it going to be 10 issues like volume 1 was?

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By TheOptimist

@saiyanzzrage: It is, at this point, listed as an ongoing series, but the (unsubstantiated) consensus is that it will basically be a mini-series, whose ending number has not been announced.

Personally, of your potential drops, I'd drop Journey Into Mystery and X-Men.

I'm in a similar boat to you, with regards to Saga.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

@time said:

I would drop Uncanny X-Men. I mean read the Avengers Vs X-Men story arc and see if the series gets better and if it hasn't, drop it. Uncanny X-Men has suck for about 5 years now. I don't see it improving.

Ignore this poster, they're a liar.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By John Valentine

@time said:

Ignore this poster, they're a liar.