Trinity War is an incredibly unoriginal idea!

• 130 results
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This is supposed to be "The Year of Superman" at DC, and they celebrate by having him kill people at every impulse?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#103  Edited By Saren

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Sure, it's not terribly original, but at least it's not a steaming pile like certain other events I could mention.....

Superman Killed and it's terrible.

When there are no less than 3 different people stating explicitly that Superman did not kill Light and was framed for his death to the point that literally no one who reads the issue should have any doubt over Clark's guilt or lack thereof, I do not see how this is a legitimate complaint.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is supposed to be "The Year of Superman" at DC, and they celebrate by having him kill people at every impulse?

Query: have you actually read this issue?

Open query to everyone complaining about this: have you actually read this issue?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Sure, it's not terribly original, but at least it's not a steaming pile like certain other events I could mention.....

When there are no less than 3 different people stating explicitly that Superman did not kill Light and was framed for his death to the point that literally no one who reads the issue should have any doubt over Clark's guilt or lack thereof, I do not see how this is a legitimate complaint.

I agree with TheAcidSkull that it's poorly executed and not well done at all but Bane is right in that Superman isn't responsible for Light's death. But of course that's not the problem with this issue.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

i haven't read the issue, i saw the scans. So please tell so i don't complain out of thin air, did superman do it? as i saw from the scans, i think he did. i could be wrong, because as i said, i have not read the issue.

Right after Superman "kills" Light, both Madame Xanadu and the Question state that he didn't do it and someone is trying to frame him, and at the end of the issue the Outsider openly admits to having framed Clark for the murder.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@citizenbane:

Yes, I have read the issue, and Superman killing was very poorly executed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#110  Edited By Lvenger

@citizenbane: If it helps your case, the August solicitations to Justice League of America and Justice League Dark explicitly state that Batman will find the key to the crime of Superman's supposed murder of Light and that the hero's murder will be solved. So it will become apparent that Superman didn't kill Light. But that's not my problem with it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane:

Even though the actual manner in which Superman was framed for Light's killing hasn't been revealed yet?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Right after Superman "kills" Light, both Madame Xanadu and the Question state that he didn't do it and someone is trying to frame him, and at the end of the issue the Outsider openly admits to having framed Clark for the murder.

No Caption Provided

People who I talked to didn't mention this, so now I think Superman didn't kill anybody. He was framed plan and simple.

Kraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Goes to show that people who did not read the complete issue themselves should not complain at all because everything they know about it is out of context.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kraya said:

Goes to show that people who did not read the complete issue themselves should not complain at all because everything they know about it is out of context.

!

NeonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It looked like Kingdom Come but dude? Really?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ssejllenrad

Do we really have to spoiler block the word kill? I mean...C'mon... It's not like one can understand the discussion of that word is hidden. Eventually, that person will have to see what the word is and boom! Kill! Kill! Kill!!!!!

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity War is very important to DC at the moment because it will set up future crossover events such as 'Martian Invasion', 'Darkseid Rising', and 'Age of Brainiac.'

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless said:

Trinity War is very important to DC at the moment because it will set up future crossover events such as 'Martian Invasion', 'Darkseid Rising', and 'Age of Brainiac.'

Ah yes, what a great disservice to the fantastic masterpiece of writing that is Civil War, the first time heroes ever fought other heroes (because we never saw that before!)

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless said:

Ah yes, what a great disservice to the fantastic masterpiece of writing that is Civil War, the first time heroes ever fought other heroes (because we never saw that before!)

Don't worry, DC will do it again once they reboot in 3 years.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic said:

@havenless said:

It's always nice when someone replies to you and their response has nothing to do with what you originally said.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Havenless

@havenless said:

@lolzstastic said:

@havenless said:

It's always nice when someone replies to you and their response has nothing to do with what you originally said.

Referring to heroes fighting heroes, you facetiously professed you've never seen it before, and I replied that you'll see it again in 3 years, so fear not.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: 2nd time in almost 20 years I ever see this in this company so I doubt it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@citizenbane:

well you don't even know how Outsider got Superman to kill yet...it could be through mind control. And Superman is the perfect person to frame

DCWarFan73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@malonius: Well said that sums it perfectly.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By novi_homines

Definitely a ripoff, but as long as it executes it well, it could be thought of as being just as good or even BETTER than the original(s). Just look at other ripoffs. Deadpool is more popular than Deathstroke for some and come into his own, same goes for Thanos. As long as the story is GREAT, i'll be fine with it.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Seriously, I just came from another thread started by @eternal19...do you need a hug or something?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems that almost everyone complaining about Superman "killing" Light, seems to haven't even read the issue.

rufug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#131  Edited By rufug

@trebean said:

It seems that almost everyone complaining about Superman "killing" Light, seems to haven't even read the issue.

this.