• 129 results
#1 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

So far from what I've heard Trinity War is going to be a huge ripoff of the Justice League Unlimited Tv show and Marvels Civil War.

JL unlimited already addressed what the government would do if the JL was real and in the end you figure out Lex Luthor and the Legion of Doom were behind everything.

Marvel's Civil War already had the government fund a group of Superheroes to fight Captain America's rebel Superheroes.

This video explains everything

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Cooool

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio

And here we go. This is a rip off , that's a ripoff. Jazz if its good then who cares

#4 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Edited by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker said:

You mean the thing with Civil War and Kingdom Come?

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

And here we go. This is a rip off , that's a ripoff. Jazz if its good then who cares

#7 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: But it's not good. Especially not a certain event that takes place.

#8 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

People are just willing to accept unoriginal ideas. I don't see how its fun to read the same story redone multiple times. This lack of creativity is whats killing the industry

#9 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

People are just willing to accept unoriginal ideas. I don't see how its fun to read the same story redone multiple times. This lack of creativity is whats killing the industry

No, it's the exclusion of younger readers that is killing the industry. Video games, TV, Movies...they're all full of unoriginal ideas that are beat to death, and yet they're doing fine.

#10 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

Its not good if its just repeating the exact same story that's been done already. Why cant they think of something fun, new, and Exciting. Heroes fighting heroes thing has been done to death. Creativity is what made this industry popular in the first place, Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Mark Waid, Grant Morrison etc. are considered great because they did new and refreshing concepts. Trinity war is not a new and refreshing concept

#11 Edited by snarkybits (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Boo frickin' hoo...

#12 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

And you got that from one issue? Even I, who am pretty jaded with the current state of the industry, wouldn't judge an entire story based on one issue.

#13 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

No, it's the exclusion of younger readers that is killing the industry. Video games, TV, Movies...they're all full of unoriginal ideas that are beat to death, and yet they're doing fine.

I'm talking about creativity and good comics. Not how much money it makes. A lot of stories today are repeats of other stories. This is why people are moving to the indie comics, because they do interesting concepts, not the same crap over and over again.

#14 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

being a ripoff of another ripoff doesn't excuse it. That makes it even worse

#15 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm talking about creativity and good comics. Not how much money it makes. A lot of stories today are repeats of other stories. This is why people are moving to the indie comics, because they do interesting concepts, not the same crap over and over again.

Then the best thing you can do for Marvel and DC is not follow their events and buy an indie comic. When other people get bored, they'll do the same. Many have already, and that's not a bad thing.

#16 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

How can it be a rip-off if it's the same company?

#17 Posted by batmannflash (6223 posts) - - Show Bio

well...Civil War sort of "ripped off" Kingdom Come with the whole heroes vs heroes thing. So Civil War is invalid in the OP. And Justice League Unlimited is DC so it's okay for a company to rip off themselves lol.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

And you got that from one issue? Even I, who am pretty jaded with the current state of the industry, wouldn't judge an entire story based on one issue.

The first issue wasn't good. That's all I'm saying. A bad start doesn't help the momentum of the overall story. Look at Age of Ultron for example.

#19 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I wouldn't say it's OK. I mean, if we're honest with ourselves, it's kind of lazy. But let's be honest here, we don't only read superhero comics for the deep, thought-provoking writing. We read them because we want to see Superman punch the shit out of Captain Marvel. Or vice versa. Whether it's been done before or not, some things never get old.

#20 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: @themanintheshoe: Just because its the same company doesn't excuse the fact that they took another creators idea slightly tweaked it a bit and then called it there own. it being from the same company makes it even worse because they are doing the exact same thing that we've already seen before again. trinity war being a rippoff of another rippoff just makes it even worse.

#21 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: That's kind of a bad example since Age of Ultron was all bad, but whatever from what I've heard of this issue it's not that bad.

#22 Posted by batmannflash (6223 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker: true true. everything you said is true. I don't care if Trinity War has kinda the same storyline, I can't wait to see it! Also, it's the little differences that makes these things special

#23 Edited by lilben42 (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Exactly. I'm pretty sure Trinity War isn't the exact same storyline as either one of those stories.

#24 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics, superheros, bad guys, all the like have been around for how long now? How much more original can we get at this point? Even the grittiness in comics have been around for more than 20 years (I trace this back to Watchmen and Frank Miller's TDKR in the 80s). What makes it refreshing isn't necessarily the idea, but the readership.

#25 Posted by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: the event has literally just started how can an event or crossover be over all bad when its just 1 issue in ?

#26 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

as if there is such a thing as originality in superhero comics -_-

#27 Edited by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by JulieDC (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of like it when cartoons, comics, movies, and games share ideas and concepts. Makes it much more cohesive.

#29 Edited by comicace3 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. Well done.

#30 Edited by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind some similarities between this and other works. Nothing is 100% "new" and "fresh". I doubt, however, that there will be no new elements over the course of the whole event. So far it's looking like a potentially amazing beginning. I'll enjoy the ride and make up my mind about its originality once the event is over.

I liked the whole thing with the cards, even though I'm sure that has been in some other story at some other point in time before. It gave a nice little introduction to key players of the Trinity War.

#31 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8713 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Part one of it a lot.

#32 Posted by HumanRocket (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm glad I voted for Infinity being better than this. Didn't know what trinity was about but it's DC's version of super hero civil war ill pass.

#33 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

The core idea doesn't matter, it's the story that people care about. It's not even a rip-off, this is entirely different than Civil War. Also, almost every possible idea for a story has been done at one point or another. So, according to you, every modern piece of literature is a rip-off and unoriginal.

#34 Posted by lilben42 (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: Not at all. Hero vs Hero has been going on way before Civil War. And the story is nothing like either of those titles.

@awesam: Exactly!

#35 Edited by Malonius (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Write a list of the top 10-20 characters in Marvel and DC. These characters, in mainstream continuity, can never really fundamentally change. They will be updated every few years, that's all. These facts put writers in a box. If you want to see your favorite characters in original adventures where they go through a really affecting life change then you've got to read one of the alternative continuity books.

#36 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic: Same here but not all feedback has been positive. Particularly with the polarising moment in the issue.

#37 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

JL Dark is going to win once Swamp Thing get's into the mix.

#38 Edited by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

If you dont like it, dont read it. I refuse to buy into the crossovers from both DC and Marvel and I skip them entirely. But if other people wanna read them, cool. Thats their choice.

Like someone else said, pick up an indie comic man.

#39 Edited by sinestro_GL (3160 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoop-di-shit

#40 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

If you dont like it, dont read it. I refuse to buy into the crossovers from both DC and Marvel and I skip them entirely. But if other people wanna read them, cool. Thats their choice.

Like someone else said, pick up an indie comic man.

I like this post, more posts should be like this one.

Especially the last bit.

#41 Posted by czechoslovakia (130 posts) - - Show Bio

The premise may sound familiar, but its different by design, buildup, and execution. Plus. I'm glad the trinity of sin is featured

#42 Posted by ccraft (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be hard to make original DC stories considering it's the same heroes and characters, and thats never going to change.

DC rather needs to make new characters to keep things fresh or they'll always have this problem.

#43 Posted by ccraft (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

The premise may sound familiar, but its different by design, buildup, and execution. Plus. I'm glad the trinity of sin is featured

I just watched the video, and I would have to agree with this guy.

#44 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

So if you dig deep enough no idea is completely original. It's in the execution. Secondly considering I find JLU to be one of the best interpretations of that team they can copy it all they want.

#45 Posted by cameron83 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I hate indie comics....

#47 Edited by ccraft (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

You obviously haven't given them an honest try then.

#48 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd wait until the whole story ends before making a judgment call.

When you say 'indie' do you mean independent titles like Dark Horse/Image books or books like Maus or Blankets etc.?

#49 Posted by cameron83 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@cameron83 said:

You obviously haven't given them an honest try then.

Actually, I have given some a try,didn't really like them (like,at all).But that's just me. This was during a time when I didn't really know much about DC and Marvel and I was getting into comics. Not that they're bad,I just prefer...other comics. :)

If someone likes Indie,good for them. But I just prefer DC over indie any day....

@veshark said:

I'd wait until the whole story ends before making a judgment call.

@cameron83 said:

When you say 'indie' do you mean independent titles like Dark Horse/Image books or books like Maus or Blankets etc.?

I mainly mean image....a simple question,would Valiant be considered Indie?Perhaps I should give there a chance...

#50 Posted by Wolverine08 (42473 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Valiant is indie and you should definitely try them out. Their X-O Manofwar title is one of the best comics out right now. I just started getting it this week, and I was blown away by the quality.