#2 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1939 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: not bad, I love the original, but this one looks good, just hope it isn't pg13

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

That was really cool. I'll definitely be seeing this.

It also makes me confident that if DC/WarnerBros ever did a Cyborg movie, it could work.

@ccraft: not bad, I love the original, but this one looks good, just hope it isn't pg13

What do you want it rated then?

#4 Posted by tparks (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. If Samuel Jackson is in it, it's got to be entertaining. That's pretty much a rule.

#5 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I never seen the old movie but I want to see this one.

#6 Posted by tparks (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya, the old one was a pretty hard R for it's time.

#7 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1939 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it will be pg 13, at least I hope not. Thats why Dredd was so good it was Rated R.

The movie looks great, I like the new look.

#9 Posted by HumanRocket (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

I got chills watching this. Robocop was a fav movie of mines when I was a kid I still have he robocop Nintendo game. All that was missing form that trailer was the original theme song one of the most epic and memeorable movie theme songs ever.

#10 Posted by RustyRoy (14010 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#11 Posted by Rossnrachel4ever (82 posts) - - Show Bio

It's PG-13. I'll still watch it but RoboCop is one of my favorite movies and this doesn't look like it has the heart and grittiness of the original. If you haven't seen the original, do so.

#12 Edited by RisingBean (4777 posts) - - Show Bio

Robocop was one of my favorites as a kid. The first still holds up. This one looks like it will be great as well.

I'm digging him still being alive and the whole man vs machine internal conflict.

#13 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Dredd a surprisingly good movie. I liked the whole, "Who is in control." It goes great with the whole government conspiracy of the Big Brother always watching you and wanting to control you. It is always a fun theme to use. Several people day dream about that subject. Plus, it is AWEsome that he "overrides" it.

I'm down to watch it. RedBox? Netflix? maybe?

( + )

#14 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks really good! But the who "Make him look tactical, give him black." Was stupid to me. You don't always have to update the looks that much. Silver was simple, and cool. Just give him a speed boost and a little less bulky would have worked just fine.

#15 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

A RoboCop movie with Batman and Nick Fury in it!?!

Awesome!!

#16 Posted by War Killer (20293 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool.

#17 Posted by silent_bomber (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like atrocious Hollywood production-line crap, may rent.

#18 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

It looks really good! But the who "Make him look tactical, give him black." Was stupid to me. You don't always have to update the looks that much. Silver was simple, and cool. Just give him a speed boost and a little less bulky would have worked just fine.

looks like the silver color is in the movie for a little bit so that's cool. My guess is he'll be silver when he's first put in the suit and during his training but when they decide he's ready to go out on patrol they change his color.

I do like the silver over the black look, it just looks better. At least they didn't disregard it completely.

But that's not the "real" issue, if this new Robocop doesn't strike this pose at all I'll be disappointed!!! :P

#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember how he got shot to literal pieces?

This movie doesn't.

#20 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks like a well done remake. I am definitely more interested in seeing this now after seeing the preview.

#21 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember how he got shot to literal pieces?

This movie doesn't.

haha I loved that part, but we don't need an exact same film.

#22 Posted by RisingBean (4777 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: I'm torn to be honest. Clarence Boddicker is my favorite cinematic villain and while I sort of want him in the story, I don't think any other actor is going to play him as evil minus hammy as good ol' Kurtwood Smith.

#23 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#24 Posted by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

looks nice

#25 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie looks a little meh to be honest.

Robocop is suppose to be a pretty dark film series. This doesn't look like that.

#27 Posted by Chibi_cute (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel sorry for the kids who will grow up watching this new robocrap. the original is 10 million times better.

#28 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel sorry for the kids who will grow up watching this new robocrap. the original is 10 million times better.

thats why it's our duty to get people to watch the original!

#29 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: with that attitude u won't

#30 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by BenTheBat (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not excited at all for this movie the best part
was the shot of the Detroit skyline. I'll wait for the
Blu-Ray but I don't expect much I think I just love the original to much.
The fact that it's PG-13 is a turn off.

#32 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

@benthebat: yeah, it would have been better if it was rated R like Dredd was.

#33 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that what was a hard R in the 80s would not be an R today. These days, language tends to get the R more than violence.

The first time I ever got to see Robocop was during a broadcast on ABC in 1990 or 91. Even cut, it was still a great film and may people who'd seen both felt that little was lost in trimming it for television.

Ratings have nothing to do with art, it's just another form of marketing.

#34 Posted by frogdog (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that what was a hard R in the 80s would not be an R today. These days, language tends to get the R more than violence.

The first time I ever got to see Robocop was during a broadcast on ABC in 1990 or 91. Even cut, it was still a great film and may people who'd seen both felt that little was lost in trimming it for television.

Not really, the fifth element was pg-13 movie during the late 90's, now it's rated 15 for teens.

#35 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate it.It's preachy as all hell and ruins the tone of the original.

#36 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this film will surprise most fans, it looks good considering that it's a reboot. The grey does look better, they shouldn't have went full black.

#37 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously the tone of the original made Detroit look like Gotham City's brother.The News scenes and everything in the movie set up an interesting world.This is generic holywood setting # 30000. It's Total Recall all over again. This new one just gives a pretty boy the role of an (originally) believable cop.Fuck Hollywood and I'ts new unoriginal remakes.

#38 Posted by Smallville2106 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Samuel L. Jackson?!?!

I'm excited!!

#39 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@mrmiracle77 said:

Not really, the fifth element was pg-13 movie during the late 90's, now it's rated 15 for teens.

Just as a point of fact/out of interest, an article on IMDB/the Wrap today has a recent study that shows PG-13 films have more gun violence in them than R rated films these days. I think the bigger difference is the amount of blood and gore that violence shows. I don't think a movie needs ot have high levels of blood and gore to be entertaining - although in some instances it does suit.

I think the bigger limitation is on language - and I do prefer my Robocop film to be uncensored admittedly.

BTW - I only just got pointed in the direction of this thread as I posted a thread after watching the 2nd trailer... Not trying to to bump it intentionally. Just thought it was interesting.