#1 Posted by TheBadass (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to start a thread where toy collectors of all kinds can talk and share their collections with the ComicVine community. Pictures are a plus!

First off, I wanna ask, boxed or unboxed?

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Unboxed for most things. they are mine and I don't plan on selling them to anybody lol. I have shelves dedicated to my top four characters Storm, Captain America, Hawkeye, and She-Hulk. My Storm collection is the biggest, but not really a big collection my others are still tiny, but I'm working on it.

#3 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

unboxed is the only way i can play. you have to put them in different poses!!!

#4 Posted by TheBadass (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The smaller figures are a pain to keep on their feet. lol. I'm a collector of Cap toys. I'm really looking forward to buying the Hot Toys figure of Cap from the Avengers movie. It looks amazing. I'm always at a constant debate with myself; open, and have fun with them, or keep boxed, and preserve them? Tough choice for me.

#5 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the DC universe toys...I have a large number of them...I also collect a lot of other random things like life size captain america shield and thor hammer, etc. Love my mancave.

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to buy Knock off toys to see how dangerous and hilarious they are.I bought a power rangers set that said "Super Heroes" on it.And another one where it was the same exact box But it had Spider-man,Batman and Superman in it,but superman was wearing armor and that's you know unnecessary.

#7 Posted by TheBadass (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: I know exactly what you're talking about. I see those at flea markets all the time. *facepalm*

@They Killed Cap!: Are your shield and hammer made by a company, or self-made?

#8 Edited by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

My collection mainly consists of figures sold at Wal-Mart, like movie-line action figures, Marvel Universe, and DC Universe.

My favorite toys I own right now are my Marvel Select Captain America: First Avenger action figures. I have Cap and Red Skull, and they recreate a scene from the movie when put together, but I'm not too sure I want to open them.

#9 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know some good online resources for buying toys at good prices? Such as, Marvel Legends, DC Direct, DC Universe Classics, and all the various versions/waves/sets? I am really into Build A Figure sets.

#10 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Help me out comicvine:(!

#11 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

I just recently opened all of my figures! The little ones keep falling over. It's really frustrating. lol

Does anyone collect Diamond Select or Hot Toys figures?

#12 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17816 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponx said:

Does anyone know some good online resources for buying toys at good prices? Such as, Marvel Legends, DC Direct, DC Universe Classics, and all the various versions/waves/sets? I am really into Build A Figure sets.

ebay is always a good place to start.

#13 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

@WeaponX: Have you ever tried Big Bad Toy Store?

#14 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

For the most part all of mine are boxed.

#15 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a collectors Item that i've wanted since I was a kid and finally found.

#16 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

I have a collectors Item that i've wanted since I was a kid and finally found.

I totally want this! Nice find.

I stopped collecting toys because my fiancee kept yelling at me about them :( , but I do have my SW Unleashed Emperor figure in the bedroom. I also have a SideShow Emperor and his throne statue which is amazing! The chair even lights up. Oh yeah, I'll post some pics from my room two years ago.

All of my Star Wars Unleashed figures plus a few others
#17 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to have tons of LOTR figures, lost lots of them (or all of them), I have Link and Mario as small poseable action figures, lots of Gumby stuff (Gumby's awesome, stfu haters), a nameless SPARTAN-II from Halo: Reach (no, really, the figure is just a generic SPARTAN MP), and one of Cortana from... I think Halo 3? I also have an opened but near-mint (except for finger prints and the fact the box was opened (I do not believe it was even taped, so you wouldn't know the difference even if it was never opened)) Wally West Flash ornament for Christmas season, and I do believe that is it.

Wait, no, I have a Master Chief action figure somewhere, with white mark IV armor with little bullet dents and shtuff on it to make it look badass. I don't know exactly where that one is either.

That means I've lost most/all of my LOTR figures and possibly a Master Chief figure :'(

#18 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queso6p4: You know what, you reminded me that my Bro gave me lots of his old figures as well.

I have a sh!t ton of G.I. Joe stuff, including myriad weapons and add-ons, and plenty of Star Wars figures too, including some small vehicles that have the little pilots that are about half an inch to an inch tall (if they're even that tall). I think that's the last of my toy list.

#19 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: Given this and your above post, it sounds like you have a nice assortment of toys. :) The only thing is-we're gonna need more pics.

The only other ones I can think of are a few from Vampire Hunter D (unboxed) , Hellraiser, some 3 3/4" SW ones(mostly unboxed) , Detroit Metal City figures (3 or 4 boxed), an Alucard mini bust(unboxed), an Alucard bust (boxed now but was on display before), an Atrocitus figure (boxed now but was on display before) and that's about it. Oh yeah, and a Darth Malgus statue for the SWTOR mmorpg game that came out. I may drag some of these out and take some pics of them, eventually.

#20 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queso6p4: The only camera I have of any use is my iPhone that has no simcard, and I don't feel like finagling with it to make it work. Some day, some day....

Also. GUMBYFTWLOL

#21 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: Understood. I just have my crappy cell phone camera but it is convenient. I wasn't every really a fan of Gumby. That show's pacing was sooooo slow. More power to you for liking it, though.

#22 Posted by Danvader64 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant X said:

My collection mainly consists of figures sold at Wal-Mart, like movie-line action figures, Marvel Universe, and DC Universe.

My favorite toys I own right now are my Marvel Select Captain America: First Avenger action figures. I have Cap and Red Skull, and they recreate a scene from the movie when put together, but I'm not too sure I want to open them.

i buy a few of my toys from wal mart. the only real great quality marvel figures i find are either the marvel universe figures, or marvel select figures. my collection consists of marvel universe figures, alot of marvel select figures, alot of dc universe figures, star wars toys, transformers toys, some star trek stuff, some tmnt stuff, some bootleg toys, todd macfarlane toys, some gi joe figures, a few dbz figures, sculptures, bursts, and video game memoriablillia. to answer the badasse's question i only unbox newer figures, if it's a really old figure i will not unbox it. oh and just a quick tip i would not suggest buying toys from ebay. because usually when i buy stuff off of ebay it's usually damaged, or discololered some way.

#23 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to find the image I did a while back of a few of my star wars figures...