• 100 results
#1 Edited by Squalleon (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's try to make a list of the most overrated stories,series,runs etc of all time!

Write the stories,series etc that you think are overrated and in the end i will count to make the list( the list will be updated when new comments come).

For me it would be The Dark knight returns and Watchmen.

P.S. Overrated doesn't necessarily mean bad

EDIT Link to actual list : http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/squalleon/top-overrated-stories-of-all-time/75-40871/

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

The Longbow Hunters

#3 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Death of Superman. Not just overrated, but outright bad.

#4 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

The Killing Joke Was Amazing But It Is Not As Good As People Says It Is.

#5 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll need to think about this...

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Crisis.

#7 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc (so sue me if i think it was just pretty good...a little too hyped for my tastes)

#8 Posted by ImmortalOne (3368 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Returns... honestly, I liked it, but not as much as other people are saying.

#9 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Prior to reading the Killing Joke for the first time, i thought it was going to change my life because of all of the hype it received. It was a good read, but not quite as good as i was expecting. Joker by Brian Azzarello is better in my opinion.

#10 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshuagamer said:

Prior to reading the Killing Joke for the first time, i thought it was going to change my life because of all of the hype it received. It was a good read, but not quite as good as i was expecting. Joker by Brian Azzarello is better in my opinion.

YEAH I THOUGHT THAT A WELL

#11 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Final Crisis.

@The Poet said:

Batman Inc (so sue me if i think it was just pretty good...a little too hyped for my tastes)

You're lower lifeforms.

#12 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

Death of Superman. Not just overrated, but outright bad.

#13 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshuagamer said:

Brian Azzarello's "Joker" is sadly underrated in my opinion. While I don't know if I'd say its better than The Killing Joke, its definitely an equal... but you never hear people rave endlessly about Joker, whereas Killing Joke is consistently hyped.

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy Quiet, peasant.
#15 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

You're no longer allowed to address me until you evolve and develop your brain further and understand things the way I do.

#16 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman.

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy

@Mercy_ said:

You're no longer allowed to address me until you evolve and develop your brain further and understand things the way I do.

Hush, trollop.
#18 Edited by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99 said:

Sandman.

Thats Blasphemy

Old Man Logan or DMZ

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

OVER.RATED.

AvX.

#20 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6571 posts) - - Show Bio

AvX.

#21 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

AvX.

People have to like AvX for it to be overrated.

#22 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Also known as "Top stories that you personally didn't like as much as everyone else/(says you should have?)"

#23 Posted by Squalleon (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: Well there are many ways to perceive overrated.Overrated are either stories that are over-hyped ex. TDR or stories that are considered good but no one seems to like them ex. Longbow hunters seriously everyone i know doesn't like this book how it even considered to be the greatest green arrow story

#24 Posted by Immortal777 (7238 posts) - - Show Bio

The Godfather

#25 Posted by Squalleon (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: the movie trilogy?

#26 Posted by Immortal777 (7238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: Yea I just wanted to say the Godfather.

#27 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6571 posts) - - Show Bio
@icysloth: have you  the sales for the issues? they are either #1 or #2 every month
#28 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh: That because it is important to continuity. Any major Dc or Marvel crossover continuity event has good sales. Even crappy ones like AVX or Armageddon have good sales.

#29 Posted by The Stegman (23773 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sandman series.

#30 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Death In The Family, Ultimates 3.

#31 Posted by SmashBrawler (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

@krilling said:

Ultimates 3.

Really? I'm always seeing Ultimates 3 at "Worst comics ever" lists

#32 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Returns was overrated crap. Utter defecation. Pure, concentrated fecal matter.

Okay, I lie. But as overhyped as it was, it wasn't that good of a story. And it came from the same writer that did Year One and Born Again?

#33 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen

Batman: Hush

Ultimates

#34 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

AVX

Identity Crisis.

#35 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Man Logan

I think its DOPE by the way, but it was a little over rated not that much I did enjoy it, but it was just slighty a bit like an mile away from reaching my expectations

Im no good at this XP

( + )

#36 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

anything with thor coming out on top or showing him to be anywhere as strong as fanboys say he his.

#37 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Phoenix Saga

AND

Crisis on Infinite Earths

#38 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh AND A MILLION TIMES: John Byrne's Man of Steel

#39 Posted by tensor (4090 posts) - - Show Bio

AVX

#40 Posted by Zoch81 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Returns

#41 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Returns, Dark Knight Strikes Again, Infinite Crisis, Brightest Day, Secret War

I'll think of others

#42 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Wars and Crisis on the Infinite Earths. Still among my faves but the two get too much credit.

#43 Posted by Billy Batson (57913 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Final Crisis.

Doesn't that get more hate than love? :s

BB

#44 Posted by Billy Batson (57913 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@joshuagamer said:

Brian Azzarello's "Joker" is sadly underrated in my opinion. While I don't know if I'd say its better than The Killing Joke, its definitely an equal... but you never hear people rave endlessly about Joker, whereas Killing Joke is consistently hyped.

Well the Killing Joke is over 20 years old while "Joker" is just a few years. So there's that.

BB

#45 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come

runs away

#46 Posted by longbowhunter (7009 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Wars is the only one that comes to mind off hand.

#47 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

Final Crisis.

This is the most underrated comic of all time. Most people hate it because well... they suck. 

And I do find it amusing how people say things like Sandman are overrated. Just shows how freaking retarded the readership of today is. They'll complain about classics being overrated while Marvel and the New 52 spoon-feed them utter crap, and they swallow it and ask for more.
#48 Posted by Bionder (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher vs Marvel Universe. I'm a Punisher fan, but that story i never get tired to read. But yeah it's overrated.

#49 Edited by Squalleon (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: look watchmen,sandman,TDKR were great because they were a game changer in the 80s but the modern audience has lived with those changes so they don't find the same appeal to those books.

Its the same with music,someone can say that the best rock music is from the 80s partly because of nostalgia and someone will say that he likes the current rock wave.You don't know if its crap unless decades pass away and you have nothing worth mentioning.

what i want to say is that even if someone likes the watchmen it didn't have the same effect on him and someone who read it 20 years ago.

#50 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon: Then that's a problem with the reader, not the series. Something isn't overrated just because you were born later. If you can't separate historical merit from your own enjoyment, then you shouldn't vocalise your opinions anyway, because chances are they lack merit.