Top 5 Marvel books?

BishopSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I was wanting to get the opinions of the Viners on some Marvel books I should check out. Excluding Daredevil and Hawkeye what do you guys and gals think would be the top 5 monthly Marvel books these days? I've been looking to try some new Marvel books.

Dm225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well I only follow five other than Daredevil so in random order;

Avengers

Indestructible Hulk

New Avengers

Scarlet Spider

Superior Spider-Man

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

New Avengers, FF, All-New X-men, Uncanny Avengers & Superior Spider-Man.
The first issue of The Superior Foes of Spider-Man was also good.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Hawkeye

Scarlet Spider

Daredevil

All New X-Men

Indestructible Hulk

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. Thor: God of Thunder

2. Scarlet Spider

3. New Avengers

4. Indestructible Hulk

5. Uncanny Avengers

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Cap10nate

@bishopsummers: Both Hawkeye and Daredevil would probably be in or around my top 5. Excluding those it would be:

1. Secret Avengers - It is a very fun and exciting book. I think there is more action packed into this book than just about any other on the shelf today. It is also pretty funny with Spencer poking fun at a lot of the issues that some people had with the book. Also, it is full of twists and turns and the book I look forward to the most from Marvel.
  2. Thor: God of Thunder - The whole story has been fantastic. It is all leading up to the conclusion this Wednesday. The story has been complex as it follows Thor at three different points in time (young Thor in the days of the Vikings, Current Thor, and King Thor). Also, Ribic's artwork has been amazing the whole way through.
  3. New Avengers - It's a very good tale about how the Illuminati (Stark, Reed, Namor, T'Challa, Beast, Strange, and Blackbolt) deal with impossibly difficult decisions while trying to stay heroes. This whole book is a great character piece and is accentuated very nicely by Steve Epting's art.
  4. Indestructible Hulk - It is similar to Daredevil in the sense that Waid took a character that has been perpetually melancholy for a long time and finally made him happy. The premise of the story is that Banner wants to contribute to the world instead of just being known for destruction as the Hulk. He approaches Maria Hill at SHIELD to work with them. He gets a lab to make his contributions and he loans out the Hulk to SHIELD when they need him. It has been a great story so far.
  5. Scarlet Spider - This has been another fun book. I had never read anything with Kaine in it before and relatively few Spider-Man books in general. Yost has weaved together a good story that has a good mix of humor and serious moments. The most current arc involves Kaine and Wolverine together which has been pretty interesting.

I am also really enjoing Captain America but JRJR's art bumps it out of the top 5 for me. Uncanny Avengers has been good but has a little too much team angst for me. Avengers has been a good book which I think will end up being a very good story when it's all said and done. I'm just never really excited or looking forward to the next issue like I am with some of the others.

The books that I have been disappointed in are Fantastic Four and Guardians of the Galaxy. F4 wasn't really that exciting even though it was a decently heartfelt story. I couldn't take GOTG though. I gave it the first four issues, and can't stand what Bendis is doing to the team. I've never been a Bendis hater (or his biggest fan), but I hate how one dimensional he is making these characters and just turning them into catch phrases and only existing to make quips with the couple characters he deemed as the main characters.

Sorry, I don't read any X books or am a fan of Deadpool so I can't help with any of those titles.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Indestructible Hulk

2. Thor God of Thunder

3. Uncanny Avenger's

4. Avenger's

that's all I read from Marvel I highly reccomend these book's though

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger
  1. Indestructible Hulk
  2. Thor: God of Thunder
  3. Scarlet Spider
  4. Daredevil
  5. Journey Into Mystery
BishopSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate: Thanks for the great reply and break down. New Avengers sounds very intriguing.

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be putting Hawkeye at #1, but excluding it, my top 5 are:

Superior Spider-Man

New Avengers

Avengers

All New X-Men

Savage Wolverine