#1 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

For this thread a TRUE street level character is someone with NO POWERS and NO ENHANCEMENTS so you can only list a character that as standard uses only his/her skill and determination to get by.

So make two lists of what you consider are the top 5 street level characters from DC and Marvel.

Edit villains are aloud also

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody?

#3 Posted by Wolfrazer (7727 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Vic Sage(Question) 

2. Rorschach 

Eh pretty much the only two I can think of lol.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: No Batman or Lady Shiva?

#5 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is the best street level hero.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: he's enhanced

#7 Posted by Wolfrazer (7727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Aren't they enhanced by their gear/suits? Or at least Batman is, by enhanced I thought you were including those with gear and all that.
#8 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

In no particular order:

Marvel:

• Punisher
  • Moon Knight
  • Elektra
  • Shang Chi
  • Black Panther (not on herb ofc)

DC:

• Batman
  • Lady Shiva
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Richard Dragon
  • Cassandra Cain
#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Aren't they enhanced by their gear/suits? Or at least Batman is, by enhanced I thought you were including those with gear and all that.

Standard gear is aloud as long as it doesn't put them over street level. By enhanced what I meant is pepole like Captain America and Daredevil, who I wouldn't say are strictly super human but just enhanced

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: it would seem like there is a pretty big skill gap between DC and Marvel

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Strider92: it would seem like there is a pretty big skill gap between DC and Marvel

Not really just a big power level difference. What is considered street level in DC is higher than what is considered street level in Marvel (assuming like you said we are talking non-powered people here).

#12 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: You seriously don't think Batman's gear put's him above street level?

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: I don't think anything, I know it doesn't.

#14 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Ha, okay.

#15 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can't be a streetleveler because his utility belt is clearly magical.

#16 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5683 posts) - - Show Bio
@sunhawk

Batman can't be a streetleveler because his utility belt is clearly magical.

This
#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#18 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Daredevil is according to some writers especially Frank Miller and Bendis not enhanced just trained. Else Batman would also be enhanced because he is a master of several material arts. Heroes you could add would be heroes like Kick-ass and the ones found in Watchmen (besides Ozymandias and Doctor Manhattan). It however seems more like you are trying to make a topic where Batman will win. Especially since you haven’t given any reason why his material arts or his gear makes him enhanced.

#19 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

nightwing, red hood, robin, batman, karate kid.

#20 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't give a fig about Marvel and don't pay attention to their comics... So I'll just do DC.

In no particular order (necessarily):

• Batman (Bruce Wayne)
  • Lady Shiva
  • Karate Kid
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
  • Nightwing? The only others I could think of were enhanced (Deathstroke, William Cobb).
#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: WIn? There is no win. Daredevil has superhuman sense so he IS enhanced. Batman is just a straight up baseline human, he is not enhanced.

#22 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

In that case you are wrong, if you take Miller and to certain parts Bendis run. Daredevil has no superhuman power his senses are just train and got better because he is blind (this i pretty normal for blind people). Likewise radar sense does exist in real world but both writers didn’t use it that much played it low. A street level fighter has not real that much to do how many powers a hero has, but more what kind of crime she/he/it fights. Because street level problems is often lesser powered than cosmic problems the heroes is also this. If the street level heroes had the powers like the cosmic heroes they would be too overpowered for the problem the hero was fighting, and therefore it wouldn’t be an interesting story.

#23 Posted by _slim_ (14224 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel:

- Punisher

- Shang-Chi

- Bucky Barnes

- Bullseye

- Hawkeye

DC:

- Batman

- Green Arrow

- Nightwing

- Deadshot

- Catman

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: Daredevil didn't get his super senses because he was blind, he got them because of the chemicals. Anyway if your not going to follow the thread rules stop posting in it.

#25 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations you are wrong again. Frank Miller retro coned this some 30 years ago. It is not about not following rules it is not agreeing on your definition since you haven't given a real reason for why batman has no enhancements. But if it is that gadgets is ok and that powers is not, then Iron Man and Green Lantern is pretty good street level characters….seems a bit wrong doesn’t it?

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: dude you dont even know what you'r talking about and if you don't stop I'm just going to flag you

#27 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Flag me for what? Disagreeing with you? Daredevil only got his senses open to sense everybody can get. Radiation has nothing to do with it. If you don’t believe read Daredevil issue #188. Again you haven’t given an explanation why gadgets aren’t an enchantment. Your definition for a true street level fighter seems very fussy and unclear. No I don’t think Green Lantern or Iron Man are street level fighters, but they don’t have super powers or enchantments, they just have gadgets like Batman.