• 167 results
jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jasonhawke: *trailers

so, by your logic, its ok if they make thanos a hipster alien who is gang leader rather than a tyrant?

Ultron makes jokes, but he couldnt back them up. Unless you think a jobber is menacing, then Ultron didnt live up to the trailer. Heck whiplash was scarier

Yes, because it's an adaptation. If it fits with the theme of the movie then, by all means, they can make Thanos a hipster alien gang leader.

Ultron doesnt need to -backup- jokes lol

Ultron made threats which he followed through, nearly destroying humanity and nearly having an invincible body but the Avengers foiled him both times. Why are you having such a problem with this?

Sure he was portrayed as an Evil Tony Stark, sure the trailer was slightly misleading, but Ultron's ideal in both comics and movies remained relatively the same.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spider-manwins said:

@jasonhawke: *trailers

so, by your logic, its ok if they make thanos a hipster alien who is gang leader rather than a tyrant?

Ultron makes jokes, but he couldnt back them up. Unless you think a jobber is menacing, then Ultron didnt live up to the trailer. Heck whiplash was scarier

Yes, because it's an adaptation. If it fits with the theme of the movie then, by all means, they can make Thanos a hipster alien gang leader.

Ultron doesnt need to -backup- jokes lol

Ultron made threats which he followed through, nearly destroying humanity and nearly having an invincible body but the Avengers foiled him both times. Why are you having such a problem with this?

Sure he was portrayed as an Evil Tony Stark, sure the trailer was slightly misleading, but Ultron's ideal in both comics and movies remained relatively the same.

Why does he bring up Ultron vs Cap so much but yet ignore that near the ending he was tanking hits from Thor, Vision and Iron Man at the same time? It's not like Cap was wiping the floor with him either, he was struggling against the not-as-upgraded Ultron (the film suggests he was constantly upgrading).

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Spider-ManWins

@maccyd: so being fodderized and being punched away like the jobber he was = tanking a hit?

hey, someone shot me and blood spurted out and i almost died from it, but i tanked it!!

ultron never upgraded at all...

from lasting against ironman to stalemating cap? thats a downgrade

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: it is an adaptation, but a terrible one

the trailer was 100% misleading

please single out at least 2 scenes in the trailer where it showed that

1) ultron would do nothing but job

2) that EVERYONE would make a joke every 3 seconds

3) That Ultron would be a stand up comedian

whats the them of the movie? no one stands a chance against the avengers? that ultron doesnt stand a chance?

his "invincible" body was destroyed in seconds..

unless you mean vision, who was stolen from him by the street levelers

Ultron wouldnt have survived round 1 if it werent for sw and qs

its like me having 2 bodygaurds, protecting me from 5 bullies. then one day, they turn on me. How would i stnd a chance? thats what happened in aou

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By MakkyD

@maccyd: so being fodderized and being punched away like the jobber he was = tanking a hit?

hey, someone shot me and blood spurted out and i almost died from it, but i tanked it!!

ultron never upgraded at all...

from lasting against ironman to stalemating cap? thats a downgrade

His main body was left standing after Iron Man, Thor and Vision combined an attack against him, I think that's taking a severe hit yeah.

We didn't see most of the fight, but Ultron didn't have as much of an advantage against Iron Man as he did against Cap. You're underestimating Cap's shield at times.

I'm not sure if there is any point arguing with you, since you've mind made up that Ultron is the worst CBM villain since B&R Bane already.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. The FF...don't care if Marvel doesn't own the rights (btw..that's Marvel's fault, folks seem to forget that) given the FF's source material, there's no reason for any FF movie to be bad.

2. IM2..loved original IM..so was hoping for a decent sequel..it was't horrible, but I really thought it'd be better.

3. Superman Returns...Folks complain about MOS not being "Superman" (I think it was, but I digress) to me..the guy in the red cape in this film was definitely NOT Superman.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: worst? No

most dissapointing? yes

whiplash, malekith, etc were poop characters. forgettable, lame, and weak

The thing is that I couldnt give two poopies about those guys.

Ultron? When I saw that trailer? I was blown away. I said to myself, "wow this guy is going to really destroy the avengers. I wonder how they will stop someone so powerful"

Then the movie came out. Not only wasnt he a match for them physically, they had him outnumbered, out gunned, and out smarted, Where was his advantage? His only advantage was that some of his jokes were more annoying than theirs. Not a single joke was made in the trailer, yet in the movie, it was a stand up comedy session rather than an action movie.

He was left standing after that, yes. What did he do after except get his arse kicked 3 more times? Hulk smakced him around, SW ripped out his heart, and then vision killed his last body. He wasnt this evil, supreme robot lord who would have the avengers and us at the edge of our seat. I have no idea why they didnt end him quicker. At no point did I think, wow this is a tough fight for the Avengers. They were literally LOL'ing the whole time as they effortlessly dispatched Ultron;s army..

Loading Video...

Real menacing

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: So because his army was a bit easy, even though he was always one step ahead of the Avengers, killed an Avenger and decimated a city, he wasn't menacing? They barely evacuated the city in time and even then many people died off-screen.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Green Lantern, IM 3, Spider-Man 3

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: The trailer was not 100% misleading and you know it. Im not gonna repeat what I posted earlier about this.

Gasp! People joking and having banter in a Marvel Cinematic movie? What year is it?! A trailer setting an atmosphere but the movie hardly has it? Say-eth Whaaaat~?

His admantium body was indeed stolen (what other invincible body could there be?) by the AVENGERS (whine more about Street-levelers actually doing stuff pl0x) and indeed Vision's body.

Seriously, you're grasping at straws.

Also after Winter soldier, Cap vs iron Man isnt as one-sided as you like to believe.

The "theme" of the movie is: Superhero Action Movie

Bottom line: Ultron/AoU is FAAAAR from the most disappointing cbm

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: people died off screen? Who? No one died in the hulkbuster vs hulk battle

all the rubble fell in the ocean, so no one died

He was never a step ahead of the avengers... SW and QS were

after he had vision stolen from by the street levelers, what else did he do? For some reason, The avengers didnt come and bust him while in his lair. They knew where he was thanks to Black widow whom he didnt kill...for some reason.. Not to mention Nick said he was easy to track..

so basically the plot had to save the the bad guy, when it should be the other way around.

Hannibal lecter doesnt rek cities, yet hes scary asf.

Ultron, thanks to plot survived long enough to make a terrible plan, and from there he was destroyed with ease. The fact that they even evacuated was bad enough

Just when I thought Ultron put into play the whole, "No strings on me line" from the trailers by making cap have to choose between the people up here, or the people down there, Nick Convenience came outta nowhere to save them. SHIELD was dead? HAH, nope , SHIELD is back b*tches!!

Even my dad asked me if the ultron was destroyed by vision, thor and ironman was the real one. I had to tell him that yes, he had just lost in less than 10 seconds.

These were his words," pero si se lo chingaron vien rapido"

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: and nope, its number one for me

point out a single part of the trailer where

1) their would one liners every 3 seconds

2) the joking would get annoying, and would be present in even the most dire situations

3) ultron would be a joke

4) that the movie wouldnt be dark

the trailer was 100% misleading

There has only been one other movie like this, and thats iron man 3. I havent a clue as to why you are making things up.

the theme of the trailer was" morality and responsibilties may hold you back, but theyre what keep you human"

The movie? avengers smash any lame villain in their way

his body was stolen by 3 guys without superpowers, deal with it.

GOTG has a lot of jokes, and it was marketed as such. This movie wasnt.

Ant man seems like a goofy movie with a decent villain and humor. I will not be dissapointed if the villain is forgettable and their is alot of humor, becaue *GASP* thats what theyre marketing.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: You're the one who got all touchy about the tone of the movie just of your interpretation of a trailer when it was further explains on Whedon's twitter and other news outlets how Ultron's gonna be afterwards.

I totally understand that the body was stolen by 3 people with no powers, YOU'RE the one who is mad about this not me.

All Im reading now is how stubborn you are about how ultron wasnt portrayed as you wanted him to be. Even though your reasoning is flawed.

Youse a hipster jumping on the "hate anything that is popular" bandwagon.

No Caption Provided

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Spider-ManWins

@jasonhawke: hipster?

Whoops, i guess i hate spider-man, NOT!! I F*CKING LOVE SPIDER-MAN!!

SPIDER-MAN I LOVE YOU MAN, I F8CKING LOVE YOU WOHOOOOO I LOVE YOU YEAH!! YOU ROCK SPIDER-MAN, YOU ARE THE MOTHAF8KING BEST, NO ONE CAN EVER BE BTETR THAN YOU!!

okay so that establishes im not a hipster

if i was i wouldnt like POKEMON, YEAH I LOVE POKEMON!! HERACROSS, MEGA EVOLVE AND USE PIN MISSILE, YEAH. LOL. PIN MISSILE HITS 5 TIMES IN A ROWN THANKS TO MY ABILITY LOL. TYRANITARS SP DEFENSE IS OUTTA THIS WORLD THANKS TO SANDSTORM, ASSAULT VEST AND HIS ALREADY HIGH BASE SP DEF IS AMAING!!

if i was one, i wouldnt like MINECRAFT, F*CK YEAH. SKYWARS WITH HACKS, LOL. KIDS TRYING TO THROW ME OFF BUT THEY CANT BECAUSE I HAVE ANTI KONCKBACK LOL. KIDS BE RAGING SAYING BAD WORDS CUZ I REKT THEM WITH EASE!!

ok that gets that out of the way

and ultron was weak, lame, pathetic etc

He wasnt protrayed as he was in the trailer. They lied to us, but of course as the marvel fanboy you are, youll accept whatever they put on a plate for you.

deal with it

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By jasonhawke

@spider-manwins: Ha! Jokes on you!

Spiderman, Pokemon, and Minecraft arent on that current mainstream popularity no more!

gg2ez

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Spider-ManWins

@jasonhawke: minecraft not popular LOL

is that why every damn kid tlks about it? is that why there are minecraft channels with over 10 million subscribers?

pokemon, alpha and omega reached over 10 million sales

spider-man made 1.3 billion dollars in merchandise sells last year

thats more than every other superhero cmbined

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=111109

rekt nub

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Spider-ManWins