Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spider-ManWins

Tell me your top three dissapointing CBM, and one reason why for each

For me its

No Caption Provided

This was 100% false advertising... Setting up an amazing villain who was instantly compared to Health Ledger's Joker, and by some was regarded above Joker due to just the menace that the Mandarin presented in the trailer. In the end, this movie was terrible, but it's number 3 due to it still being some fun.

No Caption Provided

spider-man, (obviously) is BY FAR my favorite character, so what happens when his next movie is set up with everything that made Spider-Man 3 fail? You get a bit nervous, but the amazing trailer made me 100% sure that Marc Webb knew how to handle three villains. I vowed against so many people, saying that this movie will handle the villains just nicely. I was wrong, and I left the theater feeling completely underwhelmed.. This movie, despite being terrible isn't number one due to the villain at least providing SOME challenge to spider-man. The movie also saves itself due to its amazing visuals, and because spidey is in it.

No Caption Provided

Yes. Age of Ultron left me leaving the theater 100% underwhelmed... After proccessing the movie, and re-watching the trailer, I literally was crying tears of rage (lol) You haven't a clue to how hyped I was. I , along with everyone else, was expecting a phenomena. It seemed that it would drive the MCU into darker, uncharted territory. The villain, Ultron was the biggest letdown, primarily due to it being the biggest hype factor to me. The whole, "no strings on me", which was the selling point of the trailer, was BARELY acknowledged in the film. In the film, it was just an out of place song that he hummed to himself, while in the trailer it was the terrifying philosophy that would make Ultron such a worthy adversary. All in all, this movie, while not particularly terrible, it was a HUGE letdown. I get a better experience watching Ultron's menace in the trailer, than actually seeing the weak, and corny film Ultron. Ultron in film presented NO threat, and his army and he himself were dispatched easily. He never had the avengers, "screaming for mercy"

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By EyeDCyou

For me...

3. Age of Ultron - Biggest villain bust.

2. Spider-Man 3 - "Hey let's make Topher Grace Venom." - No one

1. Green Lantern - The idea of a solo movie from DC that didn't feature Batman or Superman properties was so exciting. Then the movie started.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Forgot Green Lantern, but it didn't have me hyped whatsoever, so maybe that's why I dismissed it

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: I love GL, and getting a solo movie for a DC character that isn't Batman or Superman was so exciting :(

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aou

Amazing spiderman series

green lantern

aou

Galactus

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lateralus

Spider-Man 3 - Topher Venom is horrible....Dancing Emo Pete is just as bad
X-Men 3 - Horrible movie, was so excited at the end of X2 to see the Phoenix on the big screen.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill - Sin City is my favorite CBM...and this is the follow up?

Honorable mention, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - I mean it was going to have Surfer and Galactus....how could I not have been excited for this movie? Well, I should have known after the first one but I was hopeful the franchise would learn from its mistakes.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: true, I would like to see a non-Batman movie not fail for once. Probably Aquaman or Cyborg

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: I'm so excited for Aquaman... Really hope it doesn't let me down.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

Green Lantern

Spider-Man 3

Catwoman.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: keep expectations down, don't raise them to super extensive levels like I did for AOU. That way if it sucks, you still won't get suicidial from watching it. Gotta say, Aquaman doesn;t look half bad from the leaked pics

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Robin

Green Lantern

Spider-Man 3

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: Haha I don't tend to let my expectations get too wild for these movies anymore.

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3. Fantastic Four - both of them really. I remember my cousin hyping them up to me so much over and over again that I think its just made me want to dislike it for some reason, then I fell for the same thing on the second one. Looking back, I'm still not a fan, new one looks good though. Just a personal thing cause of him.

2. Constantine - being a Hellblazer fan, I should have seen it being sub par from the start but still held out hope it would be good. I think it was ok for its own thing, but never should have had the name Constantine attached to it.

1. This one is hard as I think spider man 3 and amazing spider man 2 were both underwhelming. Spiderman 3 just felt off, I guess because it had to follow the second movie. Amazing 2 felt underwhelming because I think it was a case of just knowing what was already gonna happen, plus the ending with Rhino just made me mad for some reason, just ending so quick like that. They're not horrible compared to some other stuff, but underwhelming for sure.

I would have also put Green Lantern on there, but I think as you alluded to, it never had me hyped and I figured it would just be bad from what I saw in previews.

Honorable mentions include - Xmen last stand, iron man 3, and maybe Hulk, although I think get what they were trying go for with it, it was still underwhelming.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By never give up

AOU left you underwhelmed...

I'll see how I feel on the next viewing :)

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Really those three? Haterade is real.

Batman and Robin

Green Lantern

Constantine

All three are infinitely worse than the ones in the OP. I get its an opinion, but either you haven't seen the three I've mentioned or you just want to rustle people.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern

Fantastic 4

Batman and Robin

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 Spiderman 3

2 Thor 1 and 2

3 Superman returns

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. Jonah Hex
  2. Jonah Hex
  3. Jonah Hex
vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By vinomonster

1. Thor: The Dark World

2. Elektra

3. X-Men: The Last Stand

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People picking AoU should get real. Unless they've only started watching CBMs recently I can't see how that should be on anyone's list.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. Should Ultron have been much more powerful? Probably, but knowing that A3 is going to be a 2 part blowout with Thanos you knew they couldn't make him that powerful so that when Thanos comes down and smacks them around it doesn't feel like something we already saw Ultron do. Thanos has to feel like a villain and threat on a whole nother level than we've seen before. Iron Man 3 wasn't that bad either imo though definitely not great. I agree with some of the other posters that both X-Men 3 and GL were bigger disappointments than AoU or IM3. I stopped watching Spiderman's after the first trilogy so can't comment on that entry.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot:They couldve had Ultron owning the Avengers. This would still allow for thanos to look even more menacing as the roster HED be owning would be much larger

@timelordscience:i said dissapointing movies.... I can't be dissapointed by movies I have no hype for

@never_give_up:it completely left me underwhelmed... It lacked a good villain

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spider-ManWins
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really those three? Haterade is real.

Batman and Robin

Green Lantern

Constantine

All three are infinitely worse than the ones in the OP. I get its an opinion, but either you haven't seen the three I've mentioned or you just want to rustle people.

Yeah the OP states disappointing. Movies like Batman and Robin weren't disappointing because we knew they'd be bad.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: It wouldn't have the same impact to see Thanos doing it after Ultron already had. A larger roster means little also if there are no heavy hitters on it.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

3) Ninja Turtles 2014 - turned out to just be "The April movie"

2) Superman Returns - a poorly-made ripoff of the Donner movies

1) Iron Man 3 - where the hell do i begin?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lettsplay10

MCU

Iron-Man 2 and 3

Thor The Dark World

Captain America 1

Sony

Spider-Man 3

Amazing Spider-Man both movies

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spider-ManWins

@spambot: im sure the roster that will go against thanos will have many heavy hitters.... Hulk, Thor, ironman, doctor strange... vision

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't supposed to be a rip-off, it was supposed to be a sequel to the Donner movies.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead said:

It wasn't supposed to be a rip-off, it was supposed to be a sequel to the Donner movies.

i know, it just ended up being more lik a ripoff. same villain, same evil plot, same opening...

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kfabz-23

Thor The Dark World: The trailer was amazing and I was hoping it was a movie where Thor it's awesome, instead Loki stole the show, Jane was lame and the villain was just ugh.

Ironman 3: -_- I'm not even gonna...

Age Of Ultron: My favourite Avengers villain come to the big screen and he was just a evil robot tony stark.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine, Green Lantern, Catwoman, Elektra, X3 an Jonah Hex are the epitome of bad. I'm not sure people understand what bad is in this thread. AoU is nowhere near being horrible or disappointing.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By IrishX

On a personal level, as a big fan of Wolverine, I enjoyed both his films but there were obvious flaws with each that just make no sense. I was especially excited and had high hopes for a movie that would take place in Japan. There's definitely much worse films but either I didn't care about them or my expectations were low to begin with.

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) X2 had raised the bar so high and expectations were up for this one. So many disappoinments.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) Liev killed it as Sabretooth and Wade Wilson was fine but then... Barakapool... why?

The Wolverine (2013) Giant Silver Samurai Suit.... why?

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: well none of those movies had me hyped, at all. Age of Ultron did, to a grand paramount. Then Ultron surfaced, as a weak dumb corny robot who presented 0 menace.

No Caption Provided

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Ok, what about Spider-Man 3 or Dark Knight Rises? Superman Returns?

There's plenty worse. Yes it's a bait thread, I'm aware. But a poorly constructed one as everyone can rattle of the top of their heads bigger disappointments.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Maybe he wasn't very disappointed by them? You can't tell him that he should've been more disappointed by other movies, it's his opinion. Everyone has different tastes. Plus DKR doesn't belong in that group.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: 'everyone has their own opinion'

'DKR doesn't belong in the group'

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: Ha, troll? You must be the pot.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: 'everyone has their own opinion'

'DKR doesn't belong in the group'

I said that because you were trying to make an argument for the most universally accepted disappointments in CBM history. Superman Returns and Spider-Man 3 would be up there because they had huge hype and then were huge let downs to almost all of the viewers. DKR was only a let down to a very small group of people. But the point of this thread isn't to name the 3 most generally accepted disappointments, but rather each person to name their three personal ones.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Robin

Iron Man 2

Green Lantern

FF ( both)

Superman Returns

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@eyedcyou: You obviously run in different circles than I if you don't think DKR was disappointing to a lot f people. If it wasn't for Bane being portrayed so well it would've been a total bust.

Which is fine, I don't particularly care since my entire purpose was calling out the OP who's a pretty known troll.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: ultron left me disappointed also

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: You obviously run in different circles than I if you don't think DKR was disappointing to a lot f people. If it wasn't for Bane being portrayed so well it would've been a total bust.

Which is fine, I don't particularly care since my entire purpose was calling out the OP who's a pretty known troll.

I know he is, but this is actually a serious thread that doesn't merit any complaints.

And it wasn't. The people of comicvine just voted it the #9 best CBM of all time. It's the fourth highest grossing CBM ever, and it received very high critical and fan praise. Yes a few people didn't like it, but it's seriously small compared to the other films you named.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: how can I have been dissapointed by movies that I had no hype for? Iron Man 3 trailer made the movie look dark. Iron Man would be put to his absolute limit by a terrorist like adversary in the form of the Mandarin. The Mandarin's philosophy would break Iron Man, making him flee and leave him destroyed... None of that happened in the movie, it was literally a stand up comedy with no tension..

Same for Amzing Spider-Man 2, and DEFINITELY FOR AGE OF ULTRON

Can you honestly tell me that Ultron was a cold heartless monster in the movie as he was shown in the trailer? Besides job, crack out of place jokes, and provide the Avengers with a punching bag,what else did he do? He never had the people of earth, "scream for mercy", he never implemented his terrifying philosophy of,"there are no strings on me", he also never took away the hope that the avengers represented.

IDK why you insist that this is bait. If this was bait, I wouldnt have taken the time to make paragraphs for every movie I selected. Some people have named numberable movies, but all were movies I had NO hype for

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Your argument for DKR can easily be applied to AoU.

So it's either personal opinion like you said before, or its not. You seem to be going back and forth on that.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1) ultraMan of Steel ... Love Superman unfortunately this isn't Superman.

2-3) Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2..... Just so horrible.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: 4 of those 5 were in AoU. Dr. Strange isn't a powerhouse either. Powerful yes but not a physical presence who can trade blows.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By TheSpoiler

Iron Man 3 & Thor the Dark World are definitely the two biggest.

After that, not sure. Maybe X-Men First Class (I've grown to kinda like it overtime, but it's still not as good as I was originally hoping)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Your argument for DKR can easily be applied to AoU.

So it's either personal opinion like you said before, or its not. You seem to be going back and forth on that.

I know it can, but not a lot of people were disappointed by AoU either. I personally was, but I would never say it was one of the most universally accepted disappointments.

And I'm not going back and forth on my argument, just my points. Every person is entitled to their own opinion on which CBMs they thought were the most disappointing, but there are also a few that have been considered disappointments by a general consensus (Spider-Man 3, Superman Returns, Green Lantern). I don't think anyone could put AoU or DKR in the second group, but anyone is welcome to say that they were personally disappointed by it.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Spider-Man 3

Thor the Dark World.

Green Lantern.