#1 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

These are what I think are the top ten rogues galleries of all time. Tell me what you think. I also point out villains that stand out.

1. Spider-Man rogues

Green Goblin

Kingpin

Hobgoblin

Venom

Carnage

Morbius

Black Cat

Vulture

Rhino

Scorpion

Shocker

Lizard

Dr. Octopus

Electro

2. Batman rogues

Joker

Riddler

Bane

Ra's Al Ghul

Talia Al Ghul

Killer Croc

Two-Face

Poison Ivy

Mr. Freeze

Man-Bat

Harley Quinn

Catwoman

3. Superman rogues

Lex Luthor

Parasite

Darkseid

Doomsday

Metallo

Bizarro

4. Iron Man rogues

Obadiah Stane

Crimson Dynamo

Fin Fang Foom

Mandarin

Blizzard

Justin Hammer

Living Laser

5. Daredevil rogues

Kingpin

Mysterio

Bullseye

Elektra

Typhoid Mary

Lady Bullseye

Owl

6. Captain America rogues

Baron Zemo

Red Skull

Crossbones

Taskmaster

Arnim Zola

Winter Soldier

7. Flash rogues

Zoom

Professor Zoom

Gorilla Grodd

Weather Wizard

Captain Cold

8. Hulk rogues

Abomination

Thunderbolt Ross

Leader

Absorbing Man

9. Wolverine rogues

Sabretooth

Daken

Silver Samurai

Magneto

10. Thor rogues

Loki

Kurse

Enchantress

Surtur

Ymir

Hela

Agree? Disagree? Whadd'ya you think?

#2 Edited by mightyrearranger (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the top 2 are kinda tough to argue with, haha. Totally agreed on them and in that order. I think you may give Iron Man/Daredevil's rogues a bit more credit than they deserve though. Maybe swap them and put Cap above them both, just because Cap has fought bigger threats to the entirety of the Marvel U, imo (ie: Zemo and Red Skull). Flash's Rogues are always so underrated, so I would list them maybe 1 place higher (again, over Iron Man in my list).

#3 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know man, I think Iron Man's rogues are vastly underrated. They're quite interesting IMO: Obadiah Stane, Fin Fang Foom, The Mandarin, Living Laser are all great villains. Crimson Dynamo himself isn't all that interesting, but the people and cause behind him are.

#4 Posted by Night Thrasher (3699 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably take of Superman, Thor and Green Lantern and replace them with the Fantastic Four, Justice League and Dr. Strange or Teen Titans.

#5 Edited by mightyrearranger (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62:Yeah, I do like Crimson Dynamo and Mandarin, don't get me wrong. Stane isn't my cup of tea, but I can see why Iron Man fans like him. Ever since I read NextWave when it first hit shelves, Foom is solidified in association with them for me, not his OG opponent. :P

One of my apartment-mates is a big Iron Man fan, so we get on his case quite a bit about the villains (eg: "Hey, which 'Guy in Metal Suit' is he fighting this time?). Maybe I'm a bit biased from all of that, haha. I also don't find that many of them beyond Mandarin and Stane have great name-recognition amongst casual comic fans as well.

#6 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang it! I went brain dead and forgot Hulk!!!

Okay, I'd actually take Lantern off the list and move Hulk above Thor and Wolverine.

Hulk has Abomination, Thunderbolt Ross, Absorbing Man and Leader.

#7 Posted by mightyrearranger (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

For me the two best are Batman and Flash

#9 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

There just added Hulk.

#10 Posted by mightyrearranger (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

For me the two best are Batman and Flash

<-- Cold-Bro approves! (the joyous wonders of random Google searching)

#11 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Spidey Rogues then XMen Rogues

#12 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62:

1. Batman Rogues - Joker, Two-face, Ra's Al Ghul

2. Spider-man Rogues - Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom

3. Avengers Rogues - Thanos, Kang, Ultron

4. Fantastic Four Rogues - Doctor Doom, Galactus, Skrulls

5. Superman Rogues - Lex Luthor, Doomsday, Darkseid

#13 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah I forgot FF and Avengers.

#14 Edited by Havenless (1379 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to compare team rogue galleries to individuals, as there would be a lot of crossover. But if you did, the X-Men would blow everyone else out of the water:

Sentinels, Bastion, Magneto, Exodus, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Mystique, Vulcan, Stryfe, Bishop, Shadow King, Juggernaut, Onslaught, Deadpool, Lady Deathstrike, Avalanche, Pyro, Toad, Daken, Sebastian Shaw, Selene, Mastermind, Dark Phoenix, The Four Horseman, The Brood, The Phalanx, Cassandra Nova, Danger, Henry Gyrich, Bolvar Trask, Cameron Hodge, Sauron, Destiny, Krakoa, The Living Monolith, Mimic, Blob, Trevor Fitzroy, Legion, Nemesis, Black Tom Cassidy, Madelyn Pryor....

#15 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62: I would put Ezekiel Stane, justine hammer, sasha hammer, madame masque and ghost with the iron man enemies.