Top 10 Greatest Utimate Magneto Quotes

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Veshark

For those of you who know me (where ma peeps at?), you'll be aware that I'm a huge fan of the Ultimate Marvel universe. And no supervillain from this universe surpasses the sheer villainy and power of my favorite Ultimate baddie...Ultimate Magneto!

But aside from his magnetic mutation and awesome storylines, what makes me love Ultimate Mags is the fact that he's just an unforgivable, power-hungry bastard. Ultimate Mags is like 616 Magneto with the dials turned up to eleven - everything sympathetic about Max Eisenhardt has been torn away and replaced by a far more malicious take on the character.

Even the worse of villains like Doom or Luthor have some humanity, but Ultimate Magneto is just evil in every sense of the word. Every person, be they man or mutant, is just a pawn for him to manipulate - and his ego and self-worth eclipses even Kanye West levels.

Now Ultimate Magneto was created by Mark Millar, and Magneto was just tailor-made for Millar's darker, cynical writing style. Under Millar's pen, Ultimate Mags was at his best, just an unstoppable monster with a superiority complex...and he had some of the best supervillain lines in comic-book history EVER.

Compiled below are the Top 10 Greatest Ultimate Magneto Quotes for your reading pleasure....enjoy.

p.s. If any of you are itching for a high-tier CaV debate, I'd love to do one using Ultimate Magneto. /end shameless plug

10. “Chromium machines to kill a master of magnetism? No wonder we call ourselves homo superior.”

No Caption Provided

9. “It feels ridiculous, like conversing with a toad or common earthworm.”

No Caption Provided

8. “Disobey and you will be categorized as mutant food-stuffs.”

No Caption Provided

7. "As the more intelligent species, one might even say that it's our moral responsibility."

No Caption Provided

6. “I don’t kill humans out of hate. I kill them out of love."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

5. “We agreed just last night that we wanted elaborate toilets for the new mutant order.”

No Caption Provided

4. “The creature you regarded as the most powerful man alive has just licked my boots clean.”

No Caption Provided

3. “Oh but your punishment is quite straightforward, my little Wanda…you get to watch.”

No Caption Provided

2. “Like I said. Inconsequential.”

No Caption Provided

1. “If Quicksilver is around tonight…would you do me a favor and address me as 'Father' when we’re standing in his presence?”

No Caption Provided

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

These are all great, but alternate universe stuff always nags at me, because none of it really happened. I've read a few Ultimates comics, but I can't bring myself to read a whole event, mostly because when I go back to the 616 none of it was relevant.

"Remember when the Hulk ripped Wolverine in ha... oh yeah, nevermind. That never happened."

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are all great, but alternate universe stuff always nags at me, because none of it really happened. I've read a few Ultimates comics, but I can't bring myself to read a whole event, mostly because when I go back to the 616 none of it was relevant.

"Remember when the Hulk ripped Wolverine in ha... oh yeah, nevermind. That never happened."

Well then again, aren't all stories imaginary ;)

Me personally, I'm more concerned with good stories and characters as opposed to continuity. I mean, there are any number of great comics out there that technically aren't 'relevant' to mainstream continuity. Dark Knight Returns, Days of Future Past, Kingdom Come etc.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is awesome! And who is the one with magneto in quote 4?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Good list. Out of these my favorite has to be #3. Magneto is a ruthless mofo.

@14nc3: That was implied to be President Bush.

@havenless: The Universe is only as fake as the publisher says. DC said that the old DC was the fake one when it updated to DCnU. Does that mean you can't enjoy old DC? No.

Marvel did not create the Ultimate U as a limited time alternate take/ fake universe. It is a longstanding (nearing 15 years) universe that just doesn't happen to be bogged down like 616. I generally consider 616 to be the alt these days seeing as how most of it is not worth my time.

It's all a matter of where you build your house. If you consider 616 to be the unalienable truth, I guess nothing else matters. I suppose this means you don't enjoy the movies, either. After all they are alternate fake universes that don't impact the 616 with any finality.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto is one of my favorite comic book villains in general but Ultimate Magneto was just AWESOME until his dying breath.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: You're welcome. I'll expect my no prize in the mail.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark awesome quotes...what about..."When God didn't like what he created, he washed it all away in 40 days and 40 nights. I will do it in three"

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean Fine, but you're paying for shipping.

@blazinasian112 It's a cool quote...but I feel I would be doing the character a disservice by quoting Loeb's writing ;)

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RisingBean

@veshark: Just don't gouge me.

@14nc3: Not a problem at all. Btw, If you have a little extra cash and want a good read, those early Ultimate Universe trades are pretty boss.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frogdog

#6) That was beautiful, in a evil twisted way.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 14NC3

@risingbean:

After seeing that magneto quote i'll definitely think about it.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@14nc3: Good man. Let Veshark and I know what you think of them if you do.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Veshark

@14nc3: Good man. Let Veshark and I know what you think of them if you do.

Mm, co-sign the Ultimate Universe. Check em out, you won't be disappointed ;)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't want to sound rude here but I really don't know any other way to word this....so please no offense is intended here but..

that is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard

the Ultimate Universe has been going on for 13 years now and has been visited by three 616 characters...the Marvel Zombies first appeared in a Ultimate Fantastic Four story arc and have since gone on to appear in several of their own mini's and have even made it to the 616 multiple times

to say that none of is relevant is ridiculous

in fact right now the 616 Galactus is attacking the Ultimate Universe Earth

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wasn't this Magneto killed by Cyclops?

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone always seemed to be a giant a$$hole in the Ultimate Universe. Edgy writing I suppose. They are cool quotes though

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikex20 said:

No, he was killed by Jeph Loeb ;)

But yeah, you're right.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@veshark said:

@mikex20 said:

No, he was killed by Jeph Loeb ;)

But yeah, you're right.

That's my biggest problem with the Ultimate Universe, they kill all their best characters.