Tell me what you guys think:

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Look at the guy named bruce wayne in the comments, with the batman picture, THATS ME!!!!!!!

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

What? That's the top 10 writers? It's like a list of mediocre current mainstream writers. What about Hernandez Bros.? Kurt Busiek? Alan Freaking Moore? Neil Gaiman? Frank Miller? Will Eisner? Grant Morrison? Dave Sim? Chris Claremont? Peter David? There's 10 right there that I would rank above nearly everyone on this list.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etragedy: My opinion, these are the writers I enjoy.

Although I will say Peter David was close to being on my list for his Supergirl run.

I am not a fan of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, just not my type of book. I think Grant Morrison's writing is too out there. Chris Claremont had a good X-men run but not one of my favorites. Alan Moore is a great writer also, but I really only enjoyed Watchmen.

me46375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charles soul for me.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@etragedy: My opinion, these are the writers I enjoy.

Although I will say Peter David was close to being on my list for his Supergirl run.

I am not a fan of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, just not my type of book. I think Grant Morrison's writing is too out there. Chris Claremont had a good X-men run but not one of my favorites. Alan Moore is a great writer also, but I really only enjoyed Watchmen.

What else have you read by Alan Moore? He has loads of great work, I find it hard to believe someone can only enjoy Watchemen...

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By DonFelipe

It's weird trying to make everyone watch a 10-minute video blog for 10 names one could easily read in only 10 seconds otherwise... and then decide if it was actually worth watching the full clip and getting to know why you picked those 10.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird trying to make everyone watch a 10-minute video blog for 10 names one could easily read in only 10 seconds otherwise... and then decide if it was actually worth watching the full clip and getting to know why you picked those 10.

The point of it is for her to explain her picks.....

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: Tell me something I don't already know!

Then why would you say it is weird for them to watch it when there could just be a list? The reason it is not weird is because the reasons behind the choices. You cannot say you do not know why people would watch it and then say you know why......

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then why would you say it is weird for them to watch it when there could just be a list? The reason it is not weird is because the reasons behind the choices. You cannot say you do not know why people would watch it and then say you know why......

I did not say (nor mean to say) such thing! If you think so then you didn't get my point.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

I did not say (nor mean to say) such thing! If you think so then you didn't get my point.

Yes you basically did "It's weird trying to make everyone watch a 10-minute video blog for 10 names one could easily read in only 10 seconds otherwise"

You are saying you do not know why people would watch it....

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: Stop putting words in my mouth just because of your inability to understand a complete sentence and read between the lines. It's not my comment that's misleading but this thread's title. It's incomplete and therefore confusing. Most readers would expect this to be a "Top 10 Comic Book Writers of All Time" but then it turns out to be "My 10 Favorite Writers at the Moment (simply based on the comic books I enjoy reading most recently)."

There's no further information at the beginning of this post and video either. Ultimately it's a huge waste of time for everyone who's expecting something else. This could have been avoided by providing more details and a more specific title, and then let everyone make their own decision whether to watch the video or not. A text-based post would have been the more appropriate format for such contemporary Top 10 list anyway. Well, unless you're a really entertaining video host... but she doesn't even seem to remember her own picks and mostly has to read them from paper. Do you see the irony here?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Look at the guy named bruce wayne in the comments, with the batman picture, THATS ME!!!!!!!

Let me be your herald Master LOL!

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: Stop putting words in my mouth just because of your inability to understand a complete sentence and read between the lines. It's not my comment that's misleading but this thread's title. It's incomplete and therefore confusing. Most readers would expect this to be a "Top 10 Comic Book Writers of All Time" but then it turns out to be "My 10 Favorite Writers at the Moment (simply based on the comic books I enjoy reading most recently)."

There's no further information at the beginning of this post and video either. Ultimately it's a huge waste of time for everyone who's expecting something else. This could have been avoided by providing more details and a more specific title, and then let everyone make their own decision whether to watch the video or not. A text-based post would have been the more appropriate format for such contemporary Top 10 list anyway. Well, unless you're a really entertaining video host... but she doesn't even seem to remember her own picks and mostly has to read them from paper. Do you see the irony here?

The title can only have a certain amount of words, what did you want OP to do?

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donfelipe: I am sorry you don't like my style of videos, but just because I read my choices from a piece of paper doesn't make my words any less valid. I do a lot of videos a week and for my topic videos especially top 10's I put everything on a list. I do one shot videos so I don't edit my vids. I want to make my reviews and videos feel more natural. Most of the time when you see Top 10's and people aren't looking at a paper they use jump cuts to pause their videos.

I know you wanted the whole list in the blog, but then that spoils the video. I work hard on my videos. So why would I want people to just check out the list and not the reason why I like these writers in the video.

The title was not misleading. These are my favorite writers of all time. A lot of these writers may be huge now but have been working within the comic book industry for a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is Alan Moore?