Too Much Change of Iron Man's Armors?

SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By SnowyMountain

This idea has recently just occurred to me after looking at several pictures of what they say is going to be Tony Stark's newest Iron Man suit. I have to say that it is a dramatic change with the black and gold coloration, but has Marvel taken to changing the Iron Man Armors too much?

I mean, Tony has always been changing armors on a fairly regular basis; but it seems to me that Marvel has really started pumping out more and more alterations to his armors in the past few years. Before, it used to be a major event when Tony adopted a new armor--and they lasted for quite a while--now it's starting to be like he changes it in for a new year's model after only a few issues. Or is it just me?

No Caption Provided

Don't get me wrong, I have liked a lot of the armors--particularly the Extremis design looked so realistic and mechanically neat, but I'm starting to get a bit jaded at how Marvel keeps changing Iron Man's look on me.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SoA

as soon as a piece of technology is perfected it becomes obsolete compared to a new breakthrough or innovation

but yes stark is like steve jobs every 6 months a new armor is debuted

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

It's not just you. I feel the same way, too.

Marvel definitely changes Iron Man's armor to frequently. Way to frequently.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JonSmith

Like SoA said, by the time something is perfected, it's obsolete. Tony's constantly looking at the future, analyzing his armor for weaknesses. Every time he fights someone that can overcome his armor, his next set compensates for it. Tony's only power is his armor, without it, he's just some billionaire playboy. It's like why Batman and Hawkeye both constantly train to be the best at their respective arts: If they fail, even once, if Batman can't plan for something, if Hawkeye misses his target, they're just a couple of people in spandex. If Tony's armor fails, he's just a dude in a tin can. So it HAS to be the best, even if that means changing it constantly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@PowerHerc said:

And many of the changes are for the most part cosmetic, if you take all 40 armors of history only about 1/4 of them actually had a significant change to them.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By karrob

@PowerHerc said:

agreed!

SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By SnowyMountain

@Brazen_Intellect:That's the thing, for some reason, the old Red 'n Gold Armor that he spent something like 200 or so issues in often got upgrades or things of that nature. Yet somehow his armor seem to be now incapable of that unless he builds a new one.

I also question Marvel's numbering system for his Armors. From what I've seen, they simply number each armor by it's appearance chronologically in the comics. It doesn't matter if this is a specialized suit like his Space Armor, Stealth Armor, or Deep Submergence Armor--it goes in the list.