#1 Posted by Liko (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Are there too many Earth Green Lanterns? We now have five of them. Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, and Simon Baz. I believe they're just too many of them. Earth doesn't need five of them. If DC had to kill one of them, whom would you want it to be?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7201 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of agree, but then again, I really like most of them. If there's one that were to be killed off, I would vote for John. I find him to be the most boring, and he rarely does anything of importance.

Online
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal's dead. soon to be resurrected as a Black Lantern. Kyle is white lantern right now so technically we only have 3

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

At least Guy and John do their jobs, ya know, protecting a ridiculously vast section of space and not just Earth

#5 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

At least Guy and John do their jobs, ya know, protecting a ridiculously vast section of space and not just Earth

Baz is new, but the rest have always been overworked not just Guy and John.

#6 Posted by Dernman (14720 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

I kind of agree, but then again, I really like most of them. If there's one that were to be killed off, I would vote for John. I find him to be the most boring, and he rarely does anything of importance.

#7 Posted by Liko (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Hal's dead. soon to be resurrected as a Black Lantern. Kyle is white lantern right now so technically we only have 3

I wish that was true, but Hal and Sinestro, but get revives and they are advertising Kyle as not the true White Lantern, but someone else.

#8 Posted by Liko (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@KnightRise said:

At least Guy and John do their jobs, ya know, protecting a ridiculously vast section of space and not just Earth

Baz is new, but the rest have always been overworked not just Guy and John.

I disagree. Baz needs to go. He ruined the Third Army Arc. Green Lantern was just boring once he was introduced. Plus, he can just magically heal someone out of a coma. Also, the fact that they focused on his race and religion way too much.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Hal's dead. soon to be resurrected as a Black Lantern. Kyle is white lantern right now so technically we only have 3

I wish that was true, but Hal and Sinestro, but get revives and they are advertising Kyle as not the true White Lantern, but someone else.

I'm aware of the solicits Sinestro was the only one shown to be revived as a GL. but Hal is going to either be a black lantern or the new white lantern. he's obviously going to become a gl again one day but it wont be for a while. and for the present Kyle is a white lantern. he wont be replaced till april.

#10 Posted by Liko (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Hal's dead. soon to be resurrected as a Black Lantern. Kyle is white lantern right now so technically we only have 3

I wish that was true, but Hal and Sinestro, but get revives and they are advertising Kyle as not the true White Lantern, but someone else.

I'm aware of the solicits Sinestro was the only one shown to be revived as a GL. but Hal is going to either be a black lantern or the new white lantern. he's obviously going to become a gl again one day but it wont be for a while. and for the present Kyle is a white lantern. he wont be replaced till april.

I'm actually praying that Hal shows up as the White Lantern. He is the only other lantern that has experienced all the other emotions.

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Liko said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@KnightRise said:

At least Guy and John do their jobs, ya know, protecting a ridiculously vast section of space and not just Earth

Baz is new, but the rest have always been overworked not just Guy and John.

I disagree. Baz needs to go. He ruined the Third Army Arc. Green Lantern was just boring once he was introduced. Plus, he can just magically heal someone out of a coma. Also, the fact that they focused on his race and religion way too much.

The media/comic fans focused on his race and religion, I didn't. And it sounds like you have a problem with it and not so much the character, maybe I'm wrong?

#12 Posted by Liko (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Liko said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@KnightRise said:

At least Guy and John do their jobs, ya know, protecting a ridiculously vast section of space and not just Earth

Baz is new, but the rest have always been overworked not just Guy and John.

I disagree. Baz needs to go. He ruined the Third Army Arc. Green Lantern was just boring once he was introduced. Plus, he can just magically heal someone out of a coma. Also, the fact that they focused on his race and religion way too much.

The media/comic fans focused on his race and religion, I didn't. And it sounds like you have a problem with it and not so much the character, maybe I'm wrong?

Negative. I just didn't like how from issue 13-15 it was mentioned every single time, but why I vote Baz off is because he just serves no point. Hal will feature Green Lantern, John and Gardner will feature Corps, and New Guardians is Kyle. Only reason I can think of bringing in Baz is for Justice League of America, but technically the only GL apart of the GL is Hal.

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Hal's dead. soon to be resurrected as a Black Lantern. Kyle is white lantern right now so technically we only have 3

I wish that was true, but Hal and Sinestro, but get revives and they are advertising Kyle as not the true White Lantern, but someone else.

I'm aware of the solicits Sinestro was the only one shown to be revived as a GL. but Hal is going to either be a black lantern or the new white lantern. he's obviously going to become a gl again one day but it wont be for a while. and for the present Kyle is a white lantern. he wont be replaced till april.

I'm actually praying that Hal shows up as the White Lantern. He is the only other lantern that has experienced all the other emotions.

most. he never wore a star sapphire ring or an indigo ring. i personally prefer Hal as GL but thats just my opinion.

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Give th guy a chance. Jediah Caul may be human as well, that would make 6.

#15 Posted by Liko (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Hal's dead. soon to be resurrected as a Black Lantern. Kyle is white lantern right now so technically we only have 3

I wish that was true, but Hal and Sinestro, but get revives and they are advertising Kyle as not the true White Lantern, but someone else.

I'm aware of the solicits Sinestro was the only one shown to be revived as a GL. but Hal is going to either be a black lantern or the new white lantern. he's obviously going to become a gl again one day but it wont be for a while. and for the present Kyle is a white lantern. he wont be replaced till april.

I'm actually praying that Hal shows up as the White Lantern. He is the only other lantern that has experienced all the other emotions.

most. he never wore a star sapphire ring or an indigo ring. i personally prefer Hal as GL but thats just my opinion.

We can argue that he has mastered love from his love for Carol and Compassion for some of the enemies he didn't kill. Remember Kyle didn't have to wear the rings to master the emotions.

#16 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Liko said:

Plus, he can just magically heal someone out of a coma.

I disagree I think that makes him special. Hal is the greatest and has the strongest will, John makes the sturdiest, most intricate constructs, and Kyle is both the most imaginative and potentially capable of using all the spectrums. I took his healing power as a sign that his power comes from not just will, but emotion, desire, and righteousness. What could be a nobler cause?

@evilvegeta74 said:

@KnightRise said:

At least Guy and John do their jobs, ya know, protecting a ridiculously vast section of space and not just Earth

Baz is new, but the rest have always been overworked not just Guy and John.

I know its a story driven comicbook, but for practicality's sake, Hal and Kyle haven't really been shown doing the police work part of intergalactic peacekeepers, yet. Again, I know they're characters in a story arc, but Kyle and Hal only seem to leave Earth for their own purposes.

#17 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@Liko said:

Plus, he can just magically heal someone out of a coma.

I disagree I think that makes him special. Hal is the greatest and has the strongest will, John makes the sturdiest, most intricate constructs, and Kyle is both the most imaginative and potentially capable of using all the spectrums. I took his healing power as a sign that his power comes from not just will, but emotion, desire, and righteousness. What could be a nobler cause?

@evilvegeta74 said:

@KnightRise said:

At least Guy and John do their jobs, ya know, protecting a ridiculously vast section of space and not just Earth

Baz is new, but the rest have always been overworked not just Guy and John.

I know its a story driven comicbook, but for practicality's sake, Hal and Kyle haven't really been shown doing the police work part of intergalactic peacekeepers, yet. Again, I know they're characters in a story arc, but Kyle and Hal only seem to leave Earth for their own purposes.

Perhaps Kyle will contribute to the revival of Hal again, they are both dealing with other circumstances at the moment. I think they all carry their weight equally.

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Liko said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Hal's dead. soon to be resurrected as a Black Lantern. Kyle is white lantern right now so technically we only have 3

I wish that was true, but Hal and Sinestro, but get revives and they are advertising Kyle as not the true White Lantern, but someone else.

I'm aware of the solicits Sinestro was the only one shown to be revived as a GL. but Hal is going to either be a black lantern or the new white lantern. he's obviously going to become a gl again one day but it wont be for a while. and for the present Kyle is a white lantern. he wont be replaced till april.

I'm actually praying that Hal shows up as the White Lantern. He is the only other lantern that has experienced all the other emotions.

most. he never wore a star sapphire ring or an indigo ring. i personally prefer Hal as GL but thats just my opinion.

We can argue that he has mastered love from his love for Carol and Compassion for some of the enemies he didn't kill. Remember Kyle didn't have to wear the rings to master the emotions.

just because you love someone doesnt mean you've mastered it. same with compassion.