#1 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi this October I will be attending NYCC on Friday I was wondering if any one that has gone to NYCC in the past has any tips or good tables to go to for comics statues and signings, so that I don't waste time walking around aimlessly. Thanks to anyone who replies.

#2 Posted by JediXMan (29672 posts) - - Show Bio

Walking around aimlessly is half the fun...

#3 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

This. No matter what convention it is, regardless of how big or small, walking around and checking out all of the neat stuff and being social is the fun. I wouldn't recommend restricting yourself at all.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (29672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zomboid said:

@JediXMan said:

This. No matter what convention it is, regardless of how big or small, walking around and checking out all of the neat stuff and being social is the fun. I wouldn't recommend restricting yourself at all.

Checking out all the booths, talking to people, looking at the awesome costumes, etc. Sometimes you'll schedule stuff to do at a specific time, but otherwise I just look around.

#5 Edited by DavisClarke (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The NYCC team's clones are heading to Orlando to run Star Wars Celebration! Speaking of home away from homes, make sure you score a good place to rest when you attend NYCC!

#6 Posted by sagejonathan (1825 posts) - - Show Bio

NYCC is going to be my first comic con. SUPER excited.

#7 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks everyone for the tips good to know its actually fun walking around heard from a few people that it was a pain walking from on side to the other and what not but I'm definitely going to check out everything.

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan said:

Mine too, if I am not too busy.

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan said:

Mine too but I'm only going on Sunday :(

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

If you can even call it walking. The thing has become so packed that they honestly need traffic lights.

Staff
#11 Posted by JediXMan (29672 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@JediXMan said:

If you can even call it walking. The thing has become so packed that they honestly need traffic lights.

It was kinda cool when I was in costume, though. Some people actually step aside for you.

#12 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Also does anyone know what you can bring into the convention? Like say some comics to be signed, and would I be able to bring a backpack ?

#13 Posted by JediXMan (29672 posts) - - Show Bio

@mzultan17 said:

Also does anyone know what you can bring into the convention? Like say some comics to be signed, and would I be able to bring a backpack ?

Yeah. You can check in your bag when you get there and leave it with them. I don't remember whether you can carry it around with you, but I think so. I just don't.

Also, bring cash.

#14 Posted by mzultan17 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh ok thanks and comics are fine to bring in too or do they hold on to them?