• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Thoughts on the Superman/Batman movie? (Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING) (328 votes)

I'm very excited. 40%
It's way too early to tell. 23%
I'm not looking forward to it. 6%
I'll probably like it... but only if Batman humiliates Superman. 5%
I'll probably like it... but only if Superman isn't downplayed to make Batman look better. 16%
So... where's Wonder Woman? 10%

It's finally happening, Viners. Superman and Batman will be in the same movie. The project will be directed by Zack Snyder and Snyder will also co-write the script with David S. Goyer. It's scheduled to come out in Summer 2015. With just these basic details, how do you feel about the upcoming project?

#1 Edited by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how these 2 characters coming together in one film has made me at least 10x more excited then when it was announced all the Avengers were coming together.

#2 Posted by The Stegman (24391 posts) - - Show Bio

I am....very, very excited.

#3 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

All I got to say is Batman better win.... None of this "Superman Wins" crap because Batman has won (hmm lets see here) 99% of the time against Superman.

#4 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: Yes I know... I have to beware all the Superman lovers out there who are wrong and make excuses for every time that Superman has LOST.

#6 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6336 posts) - - Show Bio

EXCITED (of course)!!!!

#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna put The "as long as they dont downplay Superman to make Batman look better" vote but either way im really excited for it. I will be HIGHLY disappointed if that happens though.

I expect to see Batman get some moves in that Superman isnt expecting and maybe catch Superman by surprise with how intelligent Batman is and how thorough but in the end Superman should break through anything thrown at him (besides Kryptonite, which i could see Batman being the one that figures the whole Kryptonite thing out)

#8 Edited by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1 said:

All I got to say is Batman better win.... None of this "Superman Wins" crap because Batman has won (hmm lets see here) 99% of the time against Superman.

lol what comics have you been reading? What about the times Batman has lost?

#9 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

I was gonna put The "as long as they dont downplay Superman to make Batman look better" vote but either way im really excited for it. I will be HIGHLY disappointed if that happens though.

I expect to see Batman get some moves in that Superman isnt expecting and maybe catch Superman by surprise with how intelligent Batman is and how thorough but in the end Superman should break through anything thrown at him (besides Kryptonite, which i could see Batman being the one that figures the whole Kryptonite thing out)

Of course.... hes Batman.... why wouldnt he have already figured it out lol

#10 Posted by CaseyJustice (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very excited... about everything but the writer/director. Man o' Steel was not my cuppa tea, so the idea of the same folks heading up this Movie Of All Movies has me more than a little concerned...

But at the end of the day, it's waaaaay too soon to tell. I shall remain cautiously optimistic.

Also, just so we're clear:

Batman wins with 1 hour or more of prep.

Superman wins otherwise.

#11 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1: I kno, I'm one of them, that's y I'm telling u dude, stop talking crazy, u won't like what's going to happen if you go on like that.

#12 Posted by Bonzi161 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, 2 franchises that have done nothing but disappoint in the last few years... lets mash them together and see if that doesnt make it suck less...

#13 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very excited about the film, mostly because I have faith in the creators behind it. They have a very difficult task. Otherwise, I'd be skeptical.

#14 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have done this after MoS 2.

#15 Edited by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

@nigravirum1 said:

Hush.... Dark Knight Returns..... Tower of Babel.... All of the Superman/Batman series....Superman Red Son... Dark Knight Strikes Again... plus multiple Batman issues (only one I can think of off the top of my head is Batman #428

#16 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1: I kno, I'm one of them, that's y I'm telling u dude, stop talking crazy, u won't like what's going to happen if you go on like that.

Eh, I can handle it.... thanks for the warning though.... just like someone should warn Superman everytime Batman comes around OOOOOOHHHHHHH

#17 Edited by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

Honestly i hope he is the one that figures it out (then Lex steals that knowledge from Wayne Enterprises). Bruce is actually not the smartest man on earth in the DC Comics and even less smart in the DCCU. I wont deny in the comics he is probably one of the top 3 or 5 (couple years ago i would say top 2) Im not a Batman hater. I think he is a good character but i think he get away with way to much for being only human.

#18 Posted by clone56 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I want The Flash first!

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6174 posts) - - Show Bio

Id rather friends not fight cause when they do Superman gets beat down but ehh I hope its good

#20 Posted by Mr. Messy Face (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1 said:

This isn't a versus movie. They both win and the villains lose.

#21 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

@nigravirum1 said:

@degraaf said:

Honestly i hope he is the one that figures it out (then Lex steals that knowledge from Wayne Enterprises). Bruce is actually not the smartest man on earth in the DC Comics and even less smart in the DCCU. I wont deny in the comics he is probably one of the top 3 or 5 (couple years ago i would say top 2) Im not a Batman hater. I think he is a good character but i think he get away with way to much for being only human.

In all seriousness yes you are right definitely.... and I like the lex thing.... would be interesting if they would use that

#22 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

I see the two having a scuffle that doesn't go anywhere before the real threat reveals itself, either Faora and co get out of the Phantom Zone or Luthor shows up in power armor, or perhaps both?

#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

@nigravirum1 said:

Hush.... Dark Knight Returns..... Tower of Babel.... All of the Superman/Batman series....Superman Red Son... Dark Knight Strikes Again... plus multiple Batman issues (only one I can think of off the top of my head is Batman #428

Hush - You mean when Superman was mind controlled by Poison Ivy and the only way for Batman to win was with the help of Cat Woman and throwing Lois off a building?

Tower of Babel - You mean the one where Batman wasnt the one attacking everyone else? I give points that it was his plan so he most likely could have done it as well.

Superman/Batman Series - Looking Deeper into now

Superman Red Son - non-canon

Dark Knight Strikes Again - non-canon

So what about the Superman issues where Batman loses? Of course Batman is going to win in his own Comic

#24 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, is this Batman going to be Robin from the Nolan flicks?

#25 Edited by Samuel_Simmons (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1 you sir, understand this batman superman perfectly.

#26 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

@nigravirum1 said:

@degraaf said:

In all seriousness yes you are right definitely.... and I like the lex thing.... would be interesting if they would use that

lol oh good i thought you were completely serious and it was starting to drive me nuts lol. I was thinking to myself "This person has to jsut be starting trouble because only people trying to argue are this unreasonable and dense lol"

#27 Posted by ColaNicole (586 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1: You're the problem with Batman fans. I like both characters but lets get real. Batman only holds off or distracts Supes, he can't physically match him. The only time Batman actually beat Supes was in the Dark Knight Returns which involved PIS and he had help.

#28 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

@nigravirum1 said:

@degraaf said:

@nigravirum1 said:

Hush - You mean when Superman was mind controlled by Poison Ivy and the only way for Batman to win was with the help of Cat Woman and throwing Lois off a building?

Tower of Babel - You mean the one where Batman wasnt the one attacking everyone else? I give points that it was his plan so he most likely could have done it as well.

Superman/Batman Series - Looking Deeper into now

Superman Red Son - non-canon

Dark Knight Strikes Again - non-canon

So what about the Superman issues where Batman loses? Of course Batman is going to win in his own Comic

Hush - No I meant when Batman beat Superman senseless with his KRYPTONITE ring that he carries with him at all times

Tower of Babel - It was proof that Batman could of beaten them all by himself at any time

Superman Red Son/Dark Knight Strikes Again - its an alternate future, not non-canon.... non-canon means it never happened.... alternate future means that it DID happen and is possible in any reality.

And I'm not saying that Batman has always won.... thats why I said 99% .... Batman has been beaten before I will admit. I aint completely unreasonable lol

#29 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21867 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1:

TDKR he doesn't win. He prays a weakened superman goes easy on him. And needs green arrows help to fight dirty.

Hush. That's not a fight, that's batman running for his life.

Smallville. Batman had lots of prep. He had the checkmate files on superman. He built a special suit that had a red sun batman logo on his chest. Red son gloves and kryptonite batarangs. He gets 2 or 3 punches in on supes. Superman gets serious and flicks him away. Batman later says his whole body has hairline factures on every bone.

#30 Posted by havoc1201 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, is this Batman going to be Robin from the Nolan flicks?

nope that franchise is over and done with they are starting over with a new take on the character

#31 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Well looks like the boys are too caught up in "My dad can beat up your dad."

#32 Edited by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1: You're the problem with Batman fans. I like both characters but lets get real. Batman only holds off or distracts Supes, he can't physically match him. The only time Batman actually beat Supes was in the Dark Knight Returns which involved PIS and he had help.

Dude honestly I'm just messing with some of the Superman fans lol.... I secretly love Superman sometimes more than Batman.... I just like to talk about "the joke" how Batman has the ability to never lose.... I have said multiple times before "Superman is the greatest hero that ever lived". Its just fun sometimes to mess with Superman fans.

#33 Edited by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Well looks like the boys are too caught up in "My dad can beat up your dad."

Sir I just burst out laughing!

#34 Posted by Vulshock (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman from Man of Steel is insanely powerful compared to the Batman, we have seen in other movies. They will hopefully make it more even, by showing a Batman that is smarter than the ones we have seen before.

#35 Edited by TommytheHitman (3197 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very excited for this. However I don't want them to make Batman look better then Superman. During their fight scene (If they have one) it should show that both of them are equal in their own ways.

#36 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

When I found out it was happening, I was so excited I lost control of my bodily functions for 2 days.

#37 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@nigravirum1:

TDKR he doesn't win. He prays a weakened superman goes easy on him. And needs green arrows help to fight dirty.

Hush. That's not a fight, that's batman running for his life.

Smallville. Batman had lots of prep. He had the checkmate files on superman. He built a special suit that had a red sun batman logo on his chest. Red son gloves and kryptonite batarangs. He gets 2 or 3 punches in on supes. Superman gets serious and flicks him away. Batman later says his whole body has hairline factures on every bone.

TDKR = lets not also forget that Batman was also incredibly old and weak as well

Hush = A win is a win.... I dont care if Batman was running away in the middle.... he still won

And it probaly took him like 1 week to recover from that hairline fracture thing seems how it took him just a few months to recover from a broken back that was suppose to paralyze him for the rest of his life lol

#39 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by MuyJingo (1763 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted too early too tell.

It all depends on the type of Batman they bring to the screen this time.

Nolan's Batman wasn't Batman to me, and if they try to do a similar Batman I won't really care about the film.

If they get it right though.....my oh my how incredible it could be.

#41 Posted by Outside_85 (9013 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH, I'd rather have a Wonder Woman movie than this.

#42 Posted by Gint (9 posts) - - Show Bio

My inner 10 year old fanboy has gone mad with excitement but I also have to ask, what about Wonder Woman ?

#43 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite Superman and Batman being my two all time favourite characters, I'm not looking forward to this film that much. There should have been a sequel to Man of Steel first and then an expansion into the rest of the DC Universe. The fact Warner Bros are playing their two trick pony line again is becoming wearing. By jumping into a World's Finest movie, Warner Bros are rushing to catch up with Marvel's Cinematic Universe and it's going to backfire on them badly. Not to mention that Nolan, Snyder and Goyer all brought their share of problems to Man of Steel and might not get the chance to correct their mistakes in this film.

#44 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by CaptainHoopla (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr__messy_face: I agree completely. It's not a versus movie, I don't think we'll see even a single punch thrown between them.

I actually think this is just a stop gap movie to introduce a new Batman before doing a Justice League movie.

#46 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather just have Superman be in movies alone until after Justice League (after that would be a much better time to have a Batman-Superman team up), but I understand that they want to introduce the new Batman before the Justice League movie, so I really hope they don't make Batman overshadow Superman in Superman's sequel. I'll see the movie for sure, but I'll probably be iffy about it until I actually see the movie.

#47 Edited by clayscarface (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm cautiously optimistic. Until we know more of what they're planning, I can't cast judgment. I do wish they were branching out more with WW or someone.

#48 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: You're gonna get hate for this man :P

#49 Posted by Wolverine08 (42245 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited like all true fans should be.

#50 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited but I also know they can just as well change their mind.