Thoughts on Marvel's bright Idea?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alright I know you've all heard about this, but do you think their could be a way to make it interesting?

What are your personal thoughts on this?

What are your ideas that you think could make it better?

Should they even try to change this at all?

Anyway this is just my idea/ intake on this topic, that i was discussing with a few friends.

For example down bot ( keep in mind I do not own these pictures or would suggest marvel to use the, their just the an imagine to give up )

Well as i was saying to some others u know what would of been a better idea? Tell me if you like this should of had someone act as thor ( lady version ofc said thor was doing something idk having a drinking constant with herc for 20 years or something idk ) anyway have her in a few comics that maybe part with the avengers for the time being as thor ( the one we all know ) is gone. Then after a few comics ( that if are successful ) allow her to form her own group ( stated down below

( i mean customize her a little more, but u get the picture and then name her Freya: Warrior of Asgard )

The group of friends she could have along with her. Since she's a melee kind of character wouldn't hurt to have a bow person.

Artemis: Lady of the Bow ( customize her a little bit as well )

Then give her a female drinking buddy ( similar to that of Hercules and Thor's relationship) and also a person of wisdom. Yes ik shes other things, but granted allow the smart person to show wisdom and cleverness and ofc allow her to drink ^^

Athena: Justice and Wisdom of Olympus (again customize her looks )

then finally give her a bad a** looking, magic wielding, tough mother puffer named

Anubis: the undying ( then again give him a different look but stay just as bad ass )

As always though this is just ideas, i mean seriously then you could have Freyja and friends LOL go around beating people up taking lessons from both thor and herc ( which also brings them into their story and gives them some meaning and also adds to hercs personality and stuff ). Anyway like i said its just spit balling now, but still change some of the art work obviously fit it into the stories and then idk give them purpose

• Why are they here?
  • Why are they important?
  • Who's their enemies?
  • Why do they even have enemies?
  • Whats their purpose in the marvel universe?

An finally why are they heroes?? Anyway this is a little more in depth and stuff, yet you still get the big picture." Its not quite quoted word for word, but you get the idea.

Anyway this is just my idea, what is yours? Or are you happy with the change?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I don't think they should've change Thor to a woman they should've just used a whole new character or one of the other goddesses . Or the Goddesses Of Thunder should've gotten their own comics . I always thought Thor's comics should be more godly & show more gods . Like when he met up with Shango & the other gods of lightning & such . Vishnu should be shown more I mean he tell Thor that he made a powerful enemy .

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibilities for interesting stories, but the ideas are silly and female Thor makes no sense. I kind of just want this to be over and everything go back to normal as it eventually will.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: that's what I said , replacing Thor has never turned out good lol . They should've just used a different character , Thor's grand daughters should've gotten a comic or something . I kinda think this is a stunt to show what Thor can do without Mjolnir so we can kill that she old discussion of "Does t the god make the hammer or does the hammer make he god?"

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Why didn't they just re use Valkyrie? I haven't really been a fan of this whole thing.....

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uugieboogie

@clark_el: Valkyrie , Sif , Angela , Goddesses Of Thunder ... There's so many OTHER way they could've went with this .

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Night4345

Because we need more characters that will be unused/killed after their introduction. (sarcasm)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's probably going to be Jane Foster. She's been on the verge of dying for a while now. She's sacrificed much for others even though she's sick and dying herself. This will be a lesson for Thor going forward. Right now she's proving to be more worthy of the title "Thor". He'll be back eventually. It's no like they are killing him off. Hell, Aaron has pretty much shown that Thor will be back going by future Thor. People need to relax.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Ikr, they're was so many great female characters they could have used, but instead they make an iconic character's title into a women?, why?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: it's bad showing making it seem like they can't make a whole new popular female character that they need to piggy back off of a male character . I REALLY wanna see a comic for Thor's granddaughters they look badd ass lol especially the one with storm breaker .

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BeaconofStrength

I don't like the fact that Aaron is discrediting characters, so he can justify making Thor a woman. There is no reason for Thor to become a woman, besides diversity and shock value. Seriously, even her character design is bland. Aaron kind lost a bit of my respect after trying to discredit other characters.

Also, she's probably going to be Jane Foster.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this idea.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By New_World_Order

I wonder if the new Thor is Kelda

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

I don't think bringing the Greek pantheon to the forefront is necessary, and neither is Anubis.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bringing in Anubis as an enemy would be good tho , more god fighting would amazing & good to see done right . Didn't King Thor say something about flying into the sun & being a space god cop lol I wouldn't mind seeing that .

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if the new Thor is Kelda

No Caption Provided

That's a really good guess, actually.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Reactor I actually wouldn't mind if it was her, I love Kelda

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: exactly what I said when I first heard the news . Then I heard that they're finally gonna show what he can do without Mjolnir . I'm looking forward to that .

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: That's the only redeeming thing about this. The only reason I'm tolerating this, is because I want to see Thor with a destroyer arm & ax.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: exactly , I just wanna see Thor be a badass with that arm & jabnorn (spell check) lol . & see a little more skill since everyone believes he has no skill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Funny, as i said just an idea and to get people's input on how marvel could of done stuff differently.

@New_World_Order: I wouldn't either, the main idea though not let thor being a female till the end of days XD

@squares: It's not at first, but it will help build some stories. Idk about you, but i'd like to have some other gods in rather than just Asgard. Granted Herc is amazing and im glad they added him in, but they should really expand on the gods to a point imo. Anubis was just in there cause he can be a real good character to use, and that could expand even the Egyptian gods into marvel Universe, which for once it wont be just Greek, maybe roman, and Norse. Something marvel could do ( ik they might of done it before i've seen them in before but still ).

@jayc1324: Agreed, as i told uugie just an idea is all of how they could spin it, and thus allow thor to be a main, and stuff. If they really wanna see some change and stuff start making strong female characters, and stick with them ( aka sif )

@uugieboogie: O i totally agree, however i dont think marvel will stop until they realize they've made a huge mistake, but honestly they could spin it off and thus give more feats and stuff to both thor and herc and other things. Even adding to their stories and such. Anyway as i said just spit balling is all.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uugieboogie

@New_World_Order: @beaconofstrength: @killerwasp: @jayc1324: @clark_el Honestly I don't see how he can be "unworthy:. The things he's lately makes him anything but unworthy. I mean he gave up his palace for the ppl to live, he actually save EVERY god that has lived & will live. The only thing I can see happening is maybe he gets his arm cut off or whatever & somehow Ros (his unoffical gf) dies & he can't say her in time. & then on top of that plus not saving Broxton he begins to doubt himself & sees himself as unworthy. Then with jane dying & actually living in Asgardia now shes the one that receives mjolnir & becomes the goddess of thunder. She's on the brink of deat h& they can't just let her die. Idk what Thor will go as but I think we'll see a period of him mourning & trying find out who he really is. We'll hopefully get to see him battle & show everyone what he's really made of & show the world even without Mjolnir he is still the God Of Thunder.maybe they'll show him using some techniques & skill to. But all this leads up to how he becomes king of asgard & we get to see whoever he makes A son with to produce his grand daughters . Their last names are "Wodensdottir" so maybe there dad is Woden like Thor's son in Earth-691 he has with Sif. I think a lot of our questions will get answered & we'll the path he takes to become that old king thor we saw. & maybe see somethings he'll do to prevent the earth from dying out like in the future. What do you guys think? Think all that will be too farfetched ?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: He'll probably do something similar to what Beta Ray Bill did to become unworthy.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Speaking of gods (lol) did Herc get his powers back or is he still depowered?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Not farfetched at all, basically along the lines of other people's ideas, and i believe is still depowered, but i don't know for sure. I haven't been able to keep up with him lately after chaos war, just few things here and there.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Clark_EL

@uugieboogie: ehhhh, I'm not really sure. It sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Hey who's going to still collect Thor, even with the transfer of Mjolnir?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uugieboogie

@beaconofstrength: @killerwasp: @clark_el: a shame I been wanting to see another god squad & more action with Shango . & I wish Zeus send him on a new 12 labors or something . & what happened with BRB ? Also Clark what do you mean by collect ? & you think they'll depower current Thor ?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I miss Bill :(

And I meant are you still going to read the Thor title?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Hint why i suggest what i did, With that new god squad we could throw in herc and thor teaching them, giving Thor a wiser appearance, ik that's not necessary Thor's thing, but it could show that he doesn't just need to smash stuff with his hammer, but he could talk and work with a friend/family member and likewise with Hercules, i mean the two as i said could have comics going for them along with a squad/character that was introduced. Anyway either one i believe would bet set for a better story especially his rise to king and stuff, good thinking on that.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@uugieboogie: Galactus devoured Beta Ray Bill's home planet and he went out on a 'Godhunt'. He was evacuating planets and blowing them up, so Galactus couldn't feed on them. He eventually became so obsessed with stopping Galactus, that he couldn't pick up Stormbreaker. Eventually, a race was launching an all out attack on Galactus, that would of killed him. When he saw Galactus being killed, Beta Ray Bill took pity on Galactus and nearly sacrificed himself so Galactus could feed on a planet and survive the attack. He regained his worthiness after saving Galactus.

That's the extremely short version. The story was very, very good.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: @killerwasp: @clark_el: Yeah I'm definitely going to keep collecting Thor , I mean he's my all time favorite character . Jason Aaron said we'll still Thor & see how he'll become an amalgam between young Thor & old grumpy king Thor .

I never knew that happened with Bill I fell off him really , smh I have to pick back up . With him . So he's currently empowered ?

& yeah seeing a new god squad would be awesome . I could see Thor & Herc being coaches but getting back in the action . & maybe Zeus sending Herc on another 12 Labors to regain his powers , like a modern day 12 labors . But this god squad actually be more gods this time . Like 1 or 2 gods from each pathogen . I mean they've already introduced each race from Russian all the way to Aztec when Thor needed Life Foce from each of the pathogens to bring back the asgardians .

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: @beaconofstrength: I just reread Thor TGOT issue 24 again & that last river he named was Roz who is Agent Soloman . The mother also told him if he doesn't fulfill his princely duty she would find something else to carry the hammer . I really think her words meant something now & I really think Roz is going to die .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Agreed, it'd be great Xd especially with those two being coaches and then showing off "just how good" they can be as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

@killerwasp: Have you even read any comics featuring the characters you listed? Athena doesn't really come off as the drinking buddy type, if memory serves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Yes, and since its a new take on thor, im saying giving her a new set of gods. We knew how they acted when Zeus fought Hulk and when zeus was going to kill hulks family Athena figured it out pretty quickly and such. Anyway i just wanted people's intake on this. As i said its just an idea if we don't got Athena and stuff and swapped her out who cares, we can replace her with another god or just keep the three. Anyway i just wanted people's intake on the situation and the change that will be made to thor's character.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Since you ask I will say.. I do not like the idea of a giving the name Thor to a female. Then making Thor a emotional cripple and then it gets worse from there. So my vote is no to the idea all of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: ah and likewise i think thor should stay thor period.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump!