Thoughts on Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I thought it was a pretty solid movie 8/10.

My only two complaint is the art style and the fact they made Deathstroke and Luthor look like bitches. I hated the way they portrayed Aquaman and both versions of Superman. (How they look not how they act) Aquaman looked like Duke Nukem but even more of a douchebag. Superman just looked off..

I made this thread to ask : Did you like the movie? Which parts did you like the most and which parts did you hate the most?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

I liked it. I'd agree with your 8/10. My main complaint is that I really dislike the whole 'two political figures have a very personal disagreement and decide to wage a war that kills thousands in order to work out their differences' thing. It's not stupid, per say, but I really dislike how selfish the two of them come off, Wonder Woman especially.

As for you saying Superman looked off, yes, he did. But that was the point: This is a Superman who has been locked up in a red sunlight room his entire life, barely fed, never having seen the sun or learned anything about Earth culture, even ignorant of the language. Of COURSE he's going to be off: Just about everything that made the Earth 1 Supes into the guy we know him as, didn't happen for this guy. And even in spite of not having all that, he's such a fundamentally good person that even without it, he still comes back for his friends.

One thing I REALLY liked about this movie was Thawne. The smug attitude, the voice, the dude was awesome, and raised an interesting point about Flash being the bad guy in this movie.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FukYouRenchamp
No Caption Provided

@jonsmith: That superman was weird too but i understood why he was, (the reason i didnt like how the malnourished superman looked was because his head was bigger then the rest of his body combined) i meant this one the regular one. He just didnt look right IMO. Also yeah that speech near the end was pretty good with him telling him its his fault. Also they stopped fighting for a while but Aquaman decided to continue the assualt because WW killed his wife. Thats a little more then a personal disagreement but i agree they did blow the thing out of proportion much more then it needed to be. I was actually hoping for the Amazons to win in the end,untill WW killed one of the Captain Thunder kids. Also i really like how they animated Thawne. He was the best looking character.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That superman was weird too but i understood why he was, (the reason i didnt like how the malnourished superman looked was because his head was bigger then the rest of his body combined) i meant this one the regular one. He just didnt look right IMO. Also yeah that speech near the end was pretty good with him telling him its his fault. Also they stopped fighting for a while but Aquaman decided to continue the assualt because WW killed his wife. Thats a little more then a personal disagreement but i agree they did blow the thing out of proportion much more then it needed to be. I was actually hoping for the Amazons to win in the end,untill WW killed one of the Captain Thunder kids. Also i really like how they animated Thawne. He was the best looking character.

Oh. Yeah, I agree, that Supes looked weird. Those little beady eyes are the worst. Flip the chest insignia over, tweak the colors, and you've got a pretty good Bizarro. I guess since you only really see him in this scene, he wasn't a huge priority in the design department.

In all fairness to Wonder Woman, she killed Mera because Mera tried to kill her. Still, if Aquaman was enraged about her death, that was between him and Wonder Woman. Thousands didn't need to die in the name of one.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@jonsmith: Yeah when he is holding the bomb with his fists on one of the rogues and the camera pans back at him it looked like he just had two black dots as eyes. And yeah i saw that she was just defending herself and that was after Aquaman explored her "Themiscyra" and he even said later on he loved her. It should of been between the two of them but they got there armies involved and i dont think either would come where the other would have the homefield advantage,so they fought in the neutral ground where the people are. As much as Wonder Woman was a horrible person,Aquaman was so content with killing WW that he was willing to destroy the earth. So i think WW is the lesser evil tbh.

Also on a sidenote i know she said it was a warning but did she really have too wear the crown? Had she not wore the crown it might not have led to as much bloodshed.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackWind

That movie hurt my soul. I won't be watching it again. The Flash parts were good, but seeing Aquaman and Wonder Woman act like that was just depressing. Wonder Woman came off as sadistic and.murderous. Seriously, did she not even are that killing Mera would reignite the war? She could have knocked her out, but shs chose to kill. And what was with her hugging Aquaman's body at the end? Was she suddenly sorry or something? Ugh, I wanna forget I even watched that film.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Of course the concept of Flashpoint is not an original one (the whole travelling to different version of the same world thing is nothing new, Planet of the Apes, anyone?)

But what gets me most is that Geoff Johns used that idea already and ran with during his run on Booster Gold only 4 years prior to his work on Flashpoint.

As someone who likes Johns' work (especially on Green Lantern), I was disappointed at his lack of...creativity as a writer with Flashpoint.

The animated movie just made me re-realise that.

The_Boogieman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....it's an alternate reality........

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Boogieman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: yeah I mean, knowing that, why are people complaining that characters are acting differently..they have different histories, therefore they should act differently. Some are even different people under the mask... I am excited to see the movie, Flashpoint was an interesting and good story.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I hated how Reverse Flash was killed in both the movie and the comics.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_boogieman: I saw it and it's amazing. As long as you don't mind some violence with blood. .

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone got any idea how this movie got PG-13 rating? It showed 3 on screen deaths. Deathstroke,That agent guy that i thought was gunna be deathstroke that had a crush on lois lane,and Mera. It showed Lex Luthor implied death and even half showed a kid getting murdered in cold blood by WW. I mean dont get me wrong i actually like it,its nice to see onscreen death for once instead of the implied offscreen death but im just saying ive seen movies get R rating just cause it showed boobs and the movie didnt have any gore/curseing in it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By danhimself

I didn't really care for it as much as others seem to have....it was ok but I think the reason why I didn't like it that much is because I know what happens in the end....it's no where near as good as Under the Red Hood...I watch that movie regularly...I doubt I'll watch Flashpoint again

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Yeah i think Red Hood takes the cake and would win Best Animated Comic Film. Flashpoint was pretty perdictable even if you hadnt read the comics but i still thought it was a solid movie. Better then most animated comic films.